Glass Books #6 ~ Celeste Temple

by Gordon Dahlquist

Moderator: Liz

fansmom

Re: Glass Books #6 ~ Celeste Temple

Unread postby fansmom » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:25 pm

nebraska wrote:Perhaps because of her island background and the violence she had witnessed there she was more easily able to adjust her behavior than a "typical" Victorian lady.
Yes, there are references to the violence she saw while growing up on the island, and her savage father's "open capacity for brutal action." Victorians would have said that the violence was in her blood.

"savage father"--p 707
father's "open capacity for brutal action"--p 229
(I give my thanks to Amazon's search feature.)

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:49 am

I hadn't though of using the Amazon search feature! Thanks for the reminder! :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:27 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:I hadn't though of using the Amazon search feature! Thanks for the reminder! :cool:
Well, you know how it goes. "I know I read something about Miss Temple's father on the cruise, somewhere between Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan, so that must have been toward the end of the book." :blush: I didn't have post-it notes with me, so I was really glad to see that I could search on Amazon.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:53 pm

Somewhere between Puerto Vallarta and Matzatlan? :lol: Now there's a bookmark!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters”