Glass Books Question #3 ~ The Times

by Gordon Dahlquist

Moderator: Liz

suec

Re: Glass Books Question #3 ~ The Times

Unread postby suec » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:18 pm

Liz, I was working from memory there and although I've just had a quick look-see on google, I haven't found confirmation so the figure might be more sensational than the reality. :blush: There's no doubt it flouished though.
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:03 pm

suec wrote:Liz, I was working from memory there and although I've just had a quick look-see on google, I haven't found confirmation so the figure might be more sensational than the reality. :blush: There's no doubt it flouished though.
I wrote a paper in college on hidden sexuality in Victorian England, but that was a loooong time ago, and heck if I can remember the figure.

I am very fond of the "sensational" novels of Wilkie Collins, who wrote about 30 very popular serial novels from approximately 1850-1870. (Glass Books struck me as a steam-punk imitation of a Wilkie Collins novel.) Collins wrote cliff-hanger chapters and was one of the first novelists to use multiple points of view. Many of his female characters are strong, independent-minded, driven, duplicitous, sexual creatures who do not fit the stereotype of Victorian women.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:48 am

Interesting comparison, fansmom. It does sound like Glass Books fits the bill. Welcome back! :wave:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Return to “The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters”