Welcome, fireflydances

Moderator: Liz

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Re: Welcome, fireflydances

Unread postby fireflydances » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:45 pm

Liz wrote:I'm always up for getting in the ONBCmobile and heading out to adventures. :bounce:

I got my bags packed. Where's the mobile??? :-O

But seriously, Buster and I drove Route 66 and Route 40 last spring Cali through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and east to the Atlantic, and as soon as I realized where the next book took place, I was dreaming about those long open horizons again, thinking about the color of the grass and the land. I think a place with no trees has amazing power, but then I am an Easterner and used to the clutter of plant-life.

:bigwave: Hi Snoop, nebraska, Boo, fansmom, Gilbert's Girl, moviemom!! Thank you all for your sweet welcome. And yes, more tidbits and more discussions!

Joni wrote:Welcome fireflydances! I hope you continue to enjoy the job, and thank you for taking it on!

The pleasure is all mine, truly.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Cyn

Unread postby Cyn » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Congrats, firefly! :bouquet: You've found your niche here, I know. :ok: I remember back a few years ago on another Depp board, where you tried valiantly several times to get intensive, meaty discussions going about JD-related topics (The Brave book and the Dead Man movie come to mind right at the moment), but very few participated and the conversations fizzled out, and I could tell how frustrating it was for you. So this was meant to be, and I'm glad that it's fallen into place for you so nicely. It's always cool when life has some semblance of synchronicity like that.

fireflydances wrote:But seriously, Buster and I drove Route 66 and Route 40 last spring Cali through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and east to the Atlantic,

Did you visit Zoners along the way?
We have almost come to expect from Johnny Depp performances that are better than they have to be. ~Stephen Daly
He doesn't belong in show business...he belongs somewhere better. ~Sarah Jessica Parker :heart2:

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:57 pm

No, we basically drove like crazy, but I fell in love with the West. Places in northern Arizona, New Mexico, Texas -- so powerfully beautiful in their wide, open rawness. They're stuck in my head now; isn't a day that goes by that I don't see the road again. Everyone needs to get in the car and just do it once, see the place we call the US of A.

:angel:
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:49 pm

fireflydances wrote:
Liz wrote:I'm always up for getting in the ONBCmobile and heading out to adventures. :bounce:

I got my bags packed. Where's the mobile??? :-O

But seriously, Buster and I drove Route 66 and Route 40 last spring Cali through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and east to the Atlantic, and as soon as I realized where the next book took place, I was dreaming about those long open horizons again, thinking about the color of the grass and the land. I think a place with no trees has amazing power, but then I am an Easterner and used to the clutter of plant-life.

:bigwave: Hi Snoop, nebraska, Boo, fansmom, Gilbert's Girl, moviemom!! Thank you all for your sweet welcome. And yes, more tidbits and more discussions!

Joni wrote:Welcome fireflydances! I hope you continue to enjoy the job, and thank you for taking it on!

The pleasure is all mine, truly.

You know it goes right through STL, right? :sigh:

That's okay, Paul McCartney took the same trip and didn't stop by to say Hello, either. :-/

A coworker went to Arizona over Christmas and has the most gorgeous pic of the Grand Canyon on her desktop. She showed me some more pics she took....awesome!

ladylinn

Unread postby ladylinn » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Congratulations Fireflydances!!! :wave: Have enjoyed your input and ideas during the discussions. Now you are "official" - will look forward to many many more. :applause2:

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:17 pm

Thank you ladylinn. I look forward to many more discussions myself. And be sure to get a copy of House of Earth. It goes on sale next week! :angel:

ladylinn

Unread postby ladylinn » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:12 pm

:ok: Thanks for the heads-up but I preordered my copy of House of Earth from Amazon and should be receiving it next week. Growing up in the midwest, I am looking forward to the tidbits and discussions.

RamblinRebel

Unread postby RamblinRebel » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:12 am

Congrats, fireflydances!! :applause2: :applause:

I’m late as usual, but it must be said… I’m thrilled that you've decided to take on this role. It’s been a joy discussing topics with you as a fellow noodlemantra, and you've already proven yourself to be a fantastic lead. You dig deep and you hit gold, my dear. :cool:

Looking forward to exploring future treasures with you! :capnjack:

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:29 am

Thank you, thank you! :blush:

It's a fantastic job actually. I was dumbstruck that I got it. :angel:

Return to “Announcements and Calendars”