From DITHOT

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

From DITHOT

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi, Noodlemantras! :wave: The New Year will bring some changes that I want you to know about. I am stepping down as one of the ONBC moderators. It has been a fantastic 9 year run and I have enjoyed it immensely. I have made some wonderful friends, had my brain challenged and learned so much from all of you. :grouphug: I am not disappearing completely as I plan to participate as a Noodlemantra in the discussions. Many thanks to my partner in crime, Liz, :thankyou: for putting up with me for so long. :biggrin: It has been a great ride! :highfive: Thank you also to firefly for stepping in when needed. :cool:

I want to thank each of you SO MUCH for making my time here so memorable and rewarding. I’ll see you around the Zone! :thanks!:

Best wishes for a spectacular, safe, healthy and happy 2013!

Depp In The Heart Of Texas
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

shadowydog

Re: From DITHOT

Unread postby shadowydog » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:42 pm

:worldhug: You will be missed. I'm glad you will still be popping in. :bouquet:
I have nothing to do and all day to do it in.

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:58 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Hi, Noodlemantras! :wave: The New Year will bring some changes that I want you to know about. I am stepping down as one of the ONBC moderators. It has been a fantastic 9 year run and I have enjoyed it immensely. I have made some wonderful friends, had my brain challenged and learned so much from all of you. :grouphug: I am not disappearing completely as I plan to participate as a Noodlemantra in the discussions. Many thanks to my partner in crime, Liz, :thankyou: for putting up with me for so long. :biggrin: It has been a great ride! :highfive: Thank you also to firefly for stepping in when needed. :cool:

I want to thank each of you SO MUCH for making my time here so memorable and rewarding. I’ll see you around the Zone! :thanks!:

Best wishes for a spectacular, safe, healthy and happy 2013!

Depp In The Heart Of Texas

When we first "met" here at ONBC you were not a moderator and we got along famously, so I am sure having you as a discussion participant will be fun. Just the same, I will be sad to see you leave the moderator position. You have done a fantastic job! Has it really been nine years? :-O That is an amazing amount of dedication! Thank you!

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:50 pm

Thanks, shadowydog! I'm looking forward to it! :cool:

When we first "met" here at ONBC you were not a moderator and we got along famously, so I am sure having you as a discussion participant will be fun. Just the same, I will be sad to see you leave the moderator position. You have done a fantastic job! Has it really been nine years? That is an amazing amount of dedication! Thank you!

I rememer those days! Thank you, nebraska! Time does fly doesn't it? :spin:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Buster

Unread postby Buster » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:23 pm

Thank you for all of your hard work! I'm glad you'll still hang around with us 'Mantras....

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:14 pm

When I first stumbled on ONBC I didn't know quite what to make of it. A book club on a fan site? A book club with long tidbitty things that expanded one's understanding of a topic?

It took exactly one book and probably no more than one month for me to fall head over heels for the concept. I was hooked for good after that. Didn't matter what book you guys put on the table, I was pulling my chair up.

You know, there really is nothing like this place on the 'net. Gosh, it's a mini college course for Pete's sake. And the work involved in creating this lovely circle requires love and dedication, and hours and hours of time.

I am sad to lose you as a moderator, but very happy to know you will be continuing to contribute because ONBC thrives on the dedication of its readers. It's a community effort really.

Nine wonderful years of service! (there should be a watch here somewhere..... :-O )

But, in all seriousness, my deepest thanks for the time you took for so many years to make this a wonderful place to visit.

:angel:
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Thanks, Buster! Just a regular Joe now but that is how it started... :lol:

firefly, I'll keep a sharp eye on the mail for my service pin! :biggrin: We do have a wonderful community here and one I am proud to be associated with. Lots and lots of memories. Thank you for your contributions and willingness to step in!
:cool:

Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:36 pm

Hey DITHOT, no service pin for you. You didn’t make it to 10 years. :bigwink: (for those of you who don’t remember, DITHOT and I used to love to rib each other – especially when it involved curry. :grin:)

I have been procrastinating about what to say here all day long because there are really no words to express how I feel about DITHOT. I miss her terribly. What can I say? She’s been a major fixture in my life for 9 years. We had a lot of fun together. She was great to work with. And we went on some great virtual as well as real adventures together in the name of ONBC and Johnny. I’m delighted that she plans to partake in future discussions. :disco:

Here’s to you, DITHOT! :toastingpirates: Drinks all around.

And pass the curry. :sands: ;)
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:47 pm

I always seem to leave a job right before the retirement plan kicks in! :banghead:

Please do not use Agent Sands :heart: and curry :grin: in the same sentence!

Cheers to you too, Liz!
:toastingpirates:

Wow! What a ride!

Boo-Radley

Unread postby Boo-Radley » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:38 pm

Well, I'm late...but hopefully not too late. :wave: :grin: WoW, nine years and everyone of them great! DITHOTbaba, if you don't know let me say that while I haven't been able to take part as often, as I would like, in the book discussions one of the great features of being part of this group has always been how welcoming both you and Lizbaba are to everyone who chimes in. :love:

No matter, if been a short or long while since I'd been able to join the group you have always made me feel as if I hadn't been away at all, and I have to tell you that that has meant a lot to me. :hug: I'm glad you'll be sticking around, that way when I'm able to take part I'll still be able to "hang" out with you.

Live in Depp
Boo
"With this hand I will cup your.... Oh goodness no!"~~Victor Van Dort

"The theater is my drug, and my illness is so far advanced that my physic must be of the highest quality."~~John Wilmot

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:59 pm

Thank you, Boobaba! I'm looking forward to hanging out with you too! You have been a great asset to ONBC and whether you participate in every discussion or a few, you are always welcome! :hug:

Wow! What a ride!

part-time poet

Unread postby part-time poet » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:46 pm

Nancy,

We're certainly going to miss you as an ONBC moderator. You have been a wonderful asset to the Zone all these years and have made all of us smarter and happier--that's a rare gift!

Thank you so much for the countless hours you have spent researching, writing, and engaging with Zoners and authors. You have brought so much happy energy and wisdom to this corner of the Zone, and we're counting on seeing you popping in for discussions in the future.

Enjoy your wonderful grandchild and the fun of reading books aloud to a new generation of readers. We wish you all the best!

:applause2:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

stroch

Unread postby stroch » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:38 pm

I have to join in to thank you, too. Both you and Liz have been so responsive and warm to anyone who posts that it makes people feel comfortable and valued, and more willing to participate. You will be missed indeed. Thanks again for everything!
I'll buy you the hat....a really big one.
St. Roch -- patron saint of pilgrims

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Nine years?! Congratulations on lasting so long, and my best wishes for your "real life" in the future!

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:34 pm

:sad: DITHOT

I will miss your smiling avi, but glad to know it will still make an appearance once in a while. :ok:

And I will miss your tidbits and chats and all of the wonderfulness you brought to each discussion.

It's good to know you won't be too far away. :hug:

:snoopydances:

Return to “Announcements and Calendars”