Life Discussion Begins Monday, November 14

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Life Discussion Begins Monday, November 14

Unread postby Liz » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:03 pm

Noodlemantras…..

You probably thought we’d never be done with tidbits, but we have just one left.

So join us for our discussion of Keith Richards and his “Life” beginning Monday.

You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Gilbert's Girl

Re: Life Discussion Begins Monday, November 14

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Wonderful :ok:

bluebird

Unread postby bluebird » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:11 pm

Yay! Can't wait ... I just finished reading it yesterday ... and wanted to start all over again ... I was listening to it on audible (guess why!) about a month ago but that was taking too long, I wanted to READ it so I got it for my kindle ... now I think I'll go back and start listening to it again.
I was fascinated by the man ... and the Tidbits just added another dimension to the book!
Thanks!!
The edge … there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. HST

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:02 pm

I have lots of notes in my book, I just hope I remember enough to take an intelligent part in the discussion.

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:07 pm

nebraska wrote:I have lots of notes in my book, I just hope I remember enough to take an intelligent part in the discussion.

Notes? you made notes? :yikes:

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Gilbert's Girl wrote:
nebraska wrote:I have lots of notes in my book, I just hope I remember enough to take an intelligent part in the discussion.

I did too. I knew I would no longer have the book around by the discussion and can’t rely on my memory. Now I just have to read my terrible scribbling.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:21 pm

Gilbert's Girl wrote:

I always buy my own copy of the ONBC books because I am a compulsive highlighter/underliner/scribbler in the margins kind of person. I also have a couple of sheets that are full of terms that caught my eye or made me wonder what they meant.....but I haven't got around to doing anything with them. :sigh: I tend to not retain things at all unless I have a visual to fall back on.

bluebird

Unread postby bluebird » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:02 pm

I highlighted some things ... it was interesting to see what others had highlighted!!
The edge … there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. HST

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:38 am

nebraska wrote:
Gilbert's Girl wrote:

I always buy my own copy of the ONBC books because I am a compulsive highlighter/underliner/scribbler in the margins kind of person. I also have a couple of sheets that are full of terms that caught my eye or made me wonder what they meant.....but I haven't got around to doing anything with them. :sigh: I tend to not retain things at all unless I have a visual to fall back on.

But I didn't make any notes I didn't know we would have too :lol:

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:39 am

Gilbert's Girl wrote:
nebraska wrote:
Gilbert's Girl wrote:Notes? you made notes? :yikes:

I wouldn't worry, you probably know the subject matter better without notes than the rest of us do with them. It certainly isn't a requirement, just something I do because I am a bit forgetful and scatterbrained at times. :sigh:

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:52 am

nebraska wrote:
Gilbert's Girl wrote:
nebraska wrote:I always buy my own copy of the ONBC books because I am a compulsive highlighter/underliner/scribbler in the margins kind of person. I also have a couple of sheets that are full of terms that caught my eye or made me wonder what they meant.....but I haven't got around to doing anything with them. :sigh: I tend to not retain things at all unless I have a visual to fall back on.

I wouldn't worry, you probably know the subject matter better without notes than the rest of us do with them. It certainly isn't a requirement, just something I do because I am a bit forgetful and scatterbrained at times. :sigh:

Only joking I guess I never do make notes I just look things up again if need be. Yeah I probably know a fair amount you're right, but we'll see.

Btw if you want to know some terms and they don't come up in the discussion just ask me anyway.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:23 pm

Nebraska, gemini, bluebird, I'm sure glad you made notes or highlighted. Cuz you're going to need them. :bigwink:

GG, like nebraska said, I don't think you have to worry.

As I have in the past, I will be asking for quotes, vignettes, that kind of thing, on a couple of questions.

But not to worry. The good news is, that if you know the topic, name or whatever, you can search for those quotes or sections and their corresponding page numbers on Amazon. And if you still have the book, there is a really handy index. And, of course, DITHOT and I will be typing out passages and their page numbers that we reference in our questions.

Gotta get back to my tidbit now.....
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

stroch

Unread postby stroch » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:29 pm

:headache:
I'm sure glad you made notes or highlighted. Cuz you're going to need them.

Took no notes...don't know much...relying on memory, impressions, and concordance. The holistic approach as it were. Because everyone here is so kind, I think it will be OK, as all views are welcome. Still working on the tidbits, but I should be done by tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's comments.
I'll buy you the hat....a really big one.
St. Roch -- patron saint of pilgrims

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:38 pm

stroch wrote::headache:
I'm sure glad you made notes or highlighted. Cuz you're going to need them.

Took no notes...don't know much...relying on memory, impressions, and concordance. The holistic approach as it were. Because everyone here is so kind, I think it will be OK, as all views are welcome. Still working on the tidbits, but I should be done by tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's comments.

:highfive:
I just read the books, no notes or highlighters. Although I thought about creating a spreadsheet to keep all the people straight. :lol:
And I can tell by the tidbits that I should have done that. :blush:

Oh well, bring on the discussion....full speed ahead! :bluecar:

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:57 am

:lol: of course I still have the book where would it be? Since I've read the whole thing twice now as well as dipping into various parts this last year I think I will get by. My views though may be extremely biased.

Return to “Announcements and Calendars”