OST on ONBC ~ Upcoming Q&A & Tidbits to begin Feb 22

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

OST on ONBC ~ Upcoming Q&A & Tidbits to begin Feb 22

Unread postby Liz » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:36 am

Avast, Noodlemantras! :capnjack:

Keep a sharp eye, as Master Tim Powers has acquiesced to our request for a Q&A.

So ye best be thinkin' of said questions for Master Powers. This might give ye some inspiration, as it were.

Readin' the book would be a help too. But I don’t have to be tellin' ye that.

Keep yer other sharp eye on tidbits for On Stranger Tides to begin on February 22. :captainjack:

You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

nebraska

Re: OST on ONBC ~ Upcoming Q&A & Tidbits to begin Feb 22

Unread postby nebraska » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:18 pm

This is wonderful news!!!!!!!!

I have begun reading OST and I love it! Very engaging characters and a suspenseful story line, at least as far as I have read it, and the writing is descriptive, tight, smooth, and skillfully done.

I just wanted to say that because I groaned internally when I found out I would have to read this book and now I discover it is excellent and I am going to enjoy it. I would encourage the fence sitters to get a copy and give it a go. :cool:

sleepy
JDZ Founder

Unread postby sleepy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:52 pm

Congrats, Liz, on the q/a with Tim! I'm going to try to get this book.
Funny ol' world, innit?

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:55 pm

Whoa that is exciting! Congratulations, what a wonderful tribute to the hard work that occurs here. I can't wait. I have his book but I am trying desperately to jam another in between that I started under the assumption that I had miles of time. This past Saturday I opened OST and realized within half a paragraph that I was in trouble, and now Nebraska confirms my suspicions: books that pull you in by the feet you know! Anyway, I am rushing along with the firm deadlline of getting at least half way in by the 22nd. So hard, reading, so much work :whistle: Darn good excuse actually.

Oh, already did a little googling around and like what I'm reading about the author and his work.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

moviemom

Unread postby moviemom » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:15 pm

I've already read it 3 times and now I must think of what to ask Mr. Powers. :reader:
The year's no doubt, have changed me, sir. -- Sweeney Todd :sweeneysmile:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:39 pm

I just finished it yesterday and I have to say it hooked me! nebraska, I wasn't sure what to expect either and had a similar initial reaction but was very pleasantly surprised.

Just FYI firefly, and anyone else considering reading the book and/or joining in on ONBC, it isn't necessary to have finished the book by the time tidbits start. We promise not to reveal any spoilers, just peak your curiosity a little! :grin:

moviemom...3 times! :hatsoff: You should have some great questons for Mr. Powers!

sleepy, we would love to have you join us for the discussion!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

ladylinn

Unread postby ladylinn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:11 pm

Liz - what a great inspiration for me to start reading faster. Can hardly wait to get Tim Powers "take" on Pirates 4 and his book. Gotta go - need to read!!! :lol:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:13 pm

:noodlemantra: Go, ladylinn!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Buster

Unread postby Buster » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:54 pm

I'm looking forward to reading this one - I have a huge cache of pirate-related non-fiction, so this should broaden my horizons a bit. Are Exquemelin, Johnson and Defoe required background reading? :hope:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Buster, that is quite a collection! While they would make for some interesting reading and background they certainly aren't required! :lol:

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Announcements and Calendars”