ONBC Discussions ~ PW & Loser's Town

Moderator: Liz

shadowydog

Re: ONBC Discussions ~ PW & Loser's Town

Unread postby shadowydog » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:49 pm

Beatrix wrote:I am going to order a copy of Loser's Town this weekend. I'm not sure if I should order a used copy or a new copy. I think the success of a book is measured by the number of books sold...:perplexed:

It has just been released...Not sure you can find a used copy this early.
I have nothing to do and all day to do it in.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:09 pm

shadowydog wrote:
Beatrix wrote:I am going to order a copy of Loser's Town this weekend. I'm not sure if I should order a used copy or a new copy. I think the success of a book is measured by the number of books sold...:perplexed:

It has just been released...Not sure you can find a used copy this early.

A small number of books were released early for reviews, I believe. I think they call them galleys. The problem with these books is that they are not necessarily exactly the same as the final released version. This was speculation by someone who works at one of the book stores where Daniel will be doing a book signing.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

magpie

Unread postby magpie » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:15 pm

Ordered my copy, and should have it next week! I'm looking forward to the discussion, as PW was just too much for me. :lol:
I'm having a thought here. . . .
. . if you simply try to tell the truth you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.
--C.S. Lewis

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:45 pm

Magpie, LT is a welcome change after PW. :headache:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Beatrix

Unread postby Beatrix » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:00 pm

Liz wrote:A small number of books were released early for reviews, I believe. I think they call them galleys. The problem with these books is that they are not necessarily exactly the same as the final released version. This was speculation by someone who works at one of the book stores where Daniel will be doing a book signing.

Okay, I'll order the new copy. Thanks.

waterproofbookfortub

Unread postby waterproofbookfortub » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:53 pm

Hello Zoners!
I've been a long-time lurker and decided to become a first time member. I'm really looking forward to reading "Loser's Town", I ordered my copy on amazon today :)! I read the first six pages online and was pleasantly surprised to find that it's humor is very Johnny-esque, serious and intelligent but light-hearted at the same time.
Can't wait for tidbits and discussions!
- Beth
I really approached the film as if it was a white big piece of paper and I was just going to draw a picture on it. And whether that picture was good or bad, whatever people thought of it, what they could never take away was that it was my picture. - JD

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:59 pm

waterproofbookfortub wrote:Hello Zoners!
I've been a long-time lurker and decided to become a first time member. I'm really looking forward to reading "Loser's Town", I ordered my copy on amazon today :)! I read the first six pages online and was pleasantly surprised to find that it's humor is very Johnny-esque, serious and intelligent but light-hearted at the same time.
Can't wait for tidbits and discussions!
- Beth

:welcome: Welcome to the Zone, Beth!

The book gets even better as you read on! I finished it a couple of days ago, and I'm also really looking forward to the discussion.

AnaMaria

Unread postby AnaMaria » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:29 pm

waterproofbookfortub wrote: (..) I'm really looking forward to reading "Loser's Town", I ordered my copy on amazon today :)! (..)
The waterproof edition I presume ?
:grin: Couldn't resist mate. :welcome: on JDZ !

Theresa wrote:The book gets even better as you read on! I finished it a couple of days ago

I have pre-ordered the Dutch translation of Loser's Town (to be released early April). Reading a book is just easier in my mothertongue. I'm looking forward to it.

waterproofbookfortub

Unread postby waterproofbookfortub » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:04 pm

AnaMaria wrote:
waterproofbookfortub wrote: (..) I'm really looking forward to reading "Loser's Town", I ordered my copy on amazon today :)! (..)

:lol: haha I wish waterproof books existed! My username is a homage to that fact. Thanks for the welcome!
I really approached the film as if it was a white big piece of paper and I was just going to draw a picture on it. And whether that picture was good or bad, whatever people thought of it, what they could never take away was that it was my picture. - JD

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:47 pm

From one Elizabeth to another, :welcome: waterproofbookfortub, to the Zone and to ONBC. That does sound like a relaxing way to read a book.

We look forward to your joining us for the discussion.
:bounce:

debs

Unread postby debs » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:06 pm

Unfortunately I don't normally have the time to read all the books and join in the discussions here, but I have read Loser's Town and am looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say about it.

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:09 pm

I love both of your names, waterproofbookfortub, especially since I'm the mother of an Elizabeth who is called Beth.

Tub and bed=two best places to read. :applause2:

GAO

Unread postby GAO » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:55 am

waterproofbookfortub wrote:
AnaMaria wrote:

:lol: haha I wish waterproof books existed! My username is a homage to that fact. Thanks for the welcome!

Well, actually "waterproof books" exist, at leaset in :japan:.

Unfortunately, "Loser's Town" is not included (on the contrary, Japanese version doesn't exist), but there are 100 titles and "Alice in Wonderland" and "Peter Pan" are included!!!
Keep breathing.
Keep moving forward.
Be happy.
---Johnny Depp---

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Thanks, GAO. I also found these:

Debs, I hope you can join us.

And I have some news on the Loser’s Town front…..

We have had some personal schedule changes that have required that we start tidbits for Loser’s Town a few days early. We will begin tidbits later today. And then we will take a short break between tidbits and the start of the discussion, which will begin on April 15.

waterproofbookfortub

Unread postby waterproofbookfortub » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:16 pm

GAO & Liz...Wow I can't believe you actually looked that up :applause2: haha good to know there are some waterproof books out there!

Yay tidbits start today! Very exciting, can't wait to start reading!

Return to “Announcements and Calendars”