Moderator: Liz

Gilbert's Girl

Re: 2009 with ONBC

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:02 am

Glass Books is available here from Amazon and I assume from other books stores

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:51 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:I'm glad to see everyone is excited about our new calendar! We are looking forward to seeing everyone and others too! Everyone is always welcome to jump in any time. :bounce:

IngridN, I have the original hardback copy of Glass Books and the last chapter is Chapter 10, Inheritrix, so I think you have the full version.

I have really been enjoying Hemingway and A Moveable Feast. I wish I could visit Paris in the 1920's and Shakespeare and Co.! By the way, Liz, Johnny looks right at home at the cafe!
:cool:

Yes, I received my book from amazon and just wanted to let everyone know that the used hardback I purchased with no volumes listed is book version ending in Chap 10 Inhentrix as well.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

part-time poet

Unread postby part-time poet » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:40 pm

What a great lineup for 2009, Liz and DITHOT! :applause:

So much variety. It's amazing, what JD leads us into, isn't it?

Looking forward to the new year, and to A MOVEABLE FEAST starting very soon.

:noodlemantra:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:59 pm

Thanks, PTP.

Johnny has certainly led us to a variety of literature. I never would have thought I would be reading about and discussing physics. :shocked:

I’m glad to find out that it has been easy for some of you to obtain Glass Books. I am still waiting to get the final word on a few matters from Random House.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Inthezone

Unread postby Inthezone » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:29 pm

Speaking of AMF: I was watching a movie the other night where they quoted Gertrude Stein and I thought to myself "hey, I knew that!"
"For certain you must be lost to find the place what can't be found. Elseways everyone would know where it was." ~ Hector Barbossa

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:00 pm

Inthezone wrote:Speaking of AMF: I was watching a movie the other night where they quoted Gertrude Stein and I thought to myself "hey, I knew that!"

Don’t ya love it when that happens? :cool: May I ask what movie?

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Inthezone

Unread postby Inthezone » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:05 pm

:biglaugh: I just knew someone would ask me that ... it was "The Devil Wears Prada" of all movies!

She is quoted by the character "Christian" as having said "America is my country, but Paris is my hometown." I've seen the film before but never paid any attention to that particular line.
"For certain you must be lost to find the place what can't be found. Elseways everyone would know where it was." ~ Hector Barbossa

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:29 pm

Inthezone wrote::biglaugh: I just knew someone would ask me that ... it was "The Devil Wears Prada" of all movies!

She is quoted by the character "Christian" as having said "America is my country, but Paris is my hometown." I've seen the film before but never paid any attention to that particular line.

I never would have expected it to be that movie.

I have another line from her in that vein to which I can relate that I will share when I post my tidbit on Stein.

Return to “Announcements and Calendars”