Page 6 of 7

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:58 pm
by rainbowsoul
And I broke down and bought a copy of The People's Act of Love today....

So it looks like I will be here for a couple of months, at least.
:bounce: :bounce:

I have to say that I have heard Nothing but good things about this book.

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:37 pm
by Depputante
rainbowsoul wrote:And I broke down and bought a copy of The People's Act of Love today....

So it looks like I will be here for a couple of months, at least.
:bounce: :bounce:

I have to say that I have heard Nothing but good things about this book.


Good to hear it Rainbowsoul ! I've got the book from the library this week, and haven't opened it yet. Hope to 'see' you soon. My practicum finishes Dec.1st. Maybe we could get a book discussion going! :highfive:

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:45 pm
by Parlez
I got TPAOL at the library, read it, and couldn't renew it
because it was on hold for another (Zoner?), so I'm on the
list to get it again when it's available. I found it needs a
second reading...the first time through was a bit rough.
But there are plenty of clues & connections to Johnny, which
will no doubt come up as we discuss this unique and rather
difficult (IMO) story.

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:10 pm
by gemini
Parlez wrote:I got TPAOL at the library, read it, and couldn't renew it
because it was on hold for another (Zoner?), so I'm on the
list to get it again when it's available. I found it needs a
second reading...the first time through was a bit rough.
But there are plenty of clues & connections to Johnny, which
will no doubt come up as we discuss this unique and rather
difficult (IMO) story.


Yes, I agree with you about a unique and difficult discussion but I am looking forward to it. I read it too and am hoping to do the same thing as you. I am waiting to try to put it on hold for a second read until the discussion gets a little closer. I thought it was January or February? I am in no hurry because I am in the middle of Shantaram. Still catching up to you :ONBC:

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:32 pm
by Parlez
Right you are, Gemini ~
You deppinately want to take your time with Shantaram.
It's amazing. I'm sorry I wasn't on the Zone when it was
discussed. I'm catching up too!
Happy reading!
:reader:

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:46 pm
by Liz
Yes, Gemini, the discussion of TPAOL will not begin until February 5.

I haven't begun reading it yet; and I'm looking forward to those clues and connections to Johnny, Parlez.

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:21 pm
by Charlene
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has to read Johnny recommendations two times....I was beginning to doubt my mental capabilities...oh, not that I don't doubt them several times a day, anyway, since menopause kicked in.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:19 pm
by Red Shoes
Oh no! Now I'm really worried. I ordered TPAOL but the shop won't have it in for "about two weeks". Which is about when our tidbits will start right?

I'm going to have to read reaaally fast, with my best concentration. All of you that have had the chance to read it a couple of times will have to help me along a bit.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:32 pm
by Depputante
Red Shoes wrote:Oh no! Now I'm really worried. I ordered TPAOL but the shop won't have it in for "about two weeks". Which is about when our tidbits will start right?

I'm going to have to read reaaally fast, with my best concentration. All of you that have had the chance to read it a couple of times will have to help me along a bit.


Once you get the charachters straight (memo pad and pencil recommended), then the reading is basically straight forward with a little political section near the end.

I've only done two books so far, but I think you'll be fine reading it during the tidbits. Actually, I think that's the best way to go, then it's still fresh enough for the Discussion.
(...although it looks like alot of us couldn't wait for the tidbits to start before reading it !)

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:32 pm
by DeppInTheHeartOfTexas
Watch for an announcement today with more details about tidbits and the discussion. Red Shoes, I think you will be fine. There may be some spoilers during the tidbits but we will definitely let you know if that is the case.

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:00 am
by Red Shoes
Thanks ladies. :-) I'm sure I'll manage to catch up.

Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:08 am
by Gilbert's Girl
I just started reading TPAOL and I am finding it very compelling :cool: the writing is very good and I have not found it hard to get into.

Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:24 am
by DeppInTheHeartOfTexas
Glad you are enjoying it, GG! :cool: It is a beautifully written book.

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:58 pm
by HeidiGrant40
I'm pretty new here and not sure where to ask this, or if its even okay to ask. What will you be reading next?

Please delete this if its inappropriate to ask. :-?

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:50 pm
by Liz
HeidiGrant40, :welcome: to ONBC! You picked the right place to ask that question. We are in the process of deciding that very question this month. We will be taking May off due to the AWE premiere but will be posting the Darlene Cates Q&A during that month. When we make a decision on our next book it will be announced here. So keep a sharp eye. :-O