ONBC Calendar ~ Revised January 22

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:28 pm

Boobaba, expanding your mind is a good thing, no matter what road you take to get there. We will miss you when school starts, though. :-/
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:42 pm

Boo, what a great adventure! :bounce: I hope you will pop in now and then and keep us posted!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Boo-Radley

Unread postby Boo-Radley » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:28 am

Lizbaba and DITHOTbaba, thanks so much for your well wishes. :blush: I'm waiting now the see if I can get funding to attend classes, I learned the other day that I've been accepted by the school, so keep your :hope: This is a prickly new adventure for me, in some ways I'm excited, in others I'm freaked *can old grey cells cut it in school again? :freaked: *, but I'm trying to take a page from Johnny's book and just keep moving forward.

As I said I will be dropping by the Zone, I need to feed my JDOCD and of course I could never part with all of you. :grouphug:

Live in Depp
Boo
"With this hand I will cup your.... Oh goodness no!"~~Victor Van Dort

"The theater is my drug, and my illness is so far advanced that my physic must be of the highest quality."~~John Wilmot

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:00 pm

Boo-Radley wrote:Lizbaba and DITHOTbaba, thanks so much for your well wishes. :blush: I'm waiting now the see if I can get funding to attend classes, I learned the other day that I've been accepted by the school, so keep your :hope: This is a prickly new adventure for me, in some ways I'm excited, in others I'm freaked *can old grey cells cut it in school again? :freaked: *, but I'm trying to take a page from Johnny's book and just keep moving forward.

As I said I will be dropping by the Zone, I need to feed my JDOCD and of course I could never part with all of you. :grouphug:

Live in Depp
Boo

Congratulations on being accepted!!! :cool: I know several folks of the "old grey cell" persuasion that have returned to school and done very well. I think we are more receptive and dedicated students than some of the youngsters. Good luck to you and please keep in touch! :grouphug:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

stipje

Unread postby stipje » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:38 pm

Boo-Radley wrote:Lizbaba and DITHOTbaba, thanks so much for your well wishes. :blush: I'm waiting now the see if I can get funding to attend classes, I learned the other day that I've been accepted by the school, so keep your :hope: This is a prickly new adventure for me, in some ways I'm excited, in others I'm freaked *can old grey cells cut it in school again? :freaked: *, but I'm trying to take a page from Johnny's book and just keep moving forward.

Live in Depp
Boo

Sounds like a great new adventure Boo :goodvibes: What exactly are you going to do?
*If I didn't spend all of my money on Johnny Depp, I'd be driving a Mercedes..

Boo-Radley

Unread postby Boo-Radley » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:53 pm

stipje wrote:

Live in Depp
Boo

Sounds like a great new adventure Boo :goodvibes: What exactly are you going to do?

Hi stipje, I'll be studying for a degree in Distance Education, my undergraduate degree was in Education with an emphasis in Elementary. My grad degree will be more about learning how to develop and implement education/training programs that will be delivered at a distance.

DITHOTbaba wrote:Congratulations on being accepted!!! I know several folks of the "old grey cell" persuasion that have returned to school and done very well. I think we are more receptive and dedicated students than some of the youngsters. Good luck to you and please keep in touch!

Thanks DITHOTbaba, from your lips to God's ears. :lol:

Live in Depp
Boo
"With this hand I will cup your.... Oh goodness no!"~~Victor Van Dort

"The theater is my drug, and my illness is so far advanced that my physic must be of the highest quality."~~John Wilmot

Endora

Unread postby Endora » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:53 pm

Boo, that's really good news and a brave step, let us know how it goes won't you. I hope you enjoy the whole experience.

And Amazon UK has the same bookclub thing going as Amazon.com...I've just ordered Happy Days on Marketplace (they have lots of 10p copies, but sadly postage still adds £2.75) and was told that people who bought HD also bought Inamorata.

Liz and DITHOT, you are developing into a marketing phenomena!
Work hard, learn well, and make peace with the fact that you'll never be as cool as Johnny Depp. GQ.

Solace in the flood

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:55 pm

We are a force to be reckoned with, Endora! :lol:

Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:38 pm

Boo-Radley wrote:
stipje wrote:

Live in Depp
Boo

Hi stipje, I'll be studying for a degree in Distance Education, my undergraduate degree was in Education with an emphasis in Elementary. My grad degree will be more about learning how to develop and implement education/training programs that will be delivered at a distance.

DITHOTbaba wrote:Congratulations on being accepted!!! I know several folks of the "old grey cell" persuasion that have returned to school and done very well. I think we are more receptive and dedicated students than some of the youngsters. Good luck to you and please keep in touch!

Thanks DITHOTbaba, from your lips to God's ears. :lol:

Live in Depp
Boo

Somehow I missed this news last week (real life, as you know, Boobaba). Congrats on getting into the program. :cool: And good luck getting the funding. :hope:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

suec

Unread postby suec » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:51 pm

I have ordered my books and as they are in stock, I stand a chance of getting them fairly promptly for once. (And Amazon recommended a book about Buster Keaton for me; I didn't bother asking why!)
Boo-Radley congratulations! :bounce:
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:06 pm

suec wrote:(And Amazon recommended a book about Buster Keaton for me; I didn't bother asking why!)

:lol: That would be a silly question.

Glad to see you back, Suec
:bounce:

Depputante

Unread postby Depputante » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:02 pm

:snoopydances: Hoppin' off to the book store for Happy Days and on board for November! :yahoo:
“The scariest enemy is from within. Allowing yourself to be limited and conform to what you're expected to conform to.”~JD

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:24 am

:bounce: Glad to hear it, Depputante! The more the merrier! :snoopydances: :snoopydances:

Wow! What a ride!

Depputante

Unread postby Depputante » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:01 pm

REVIEW: NO SPOILERS. Just thoughts.

I've finished reading Happy Days. I'm not a fast reader, and read word by word, and it only took oh... about 7 hours to read.

I did not find it to be a funny book. There were interesting things that made me chuckle a little or even gasp, and also wonder why did they write that?

And it did :-O in the middle of the night last night, right up to my throat. If you're depressed, I suggest reading it during the day. It's not as 'rip your heart out and stick it back in' vivid as The Brave, but it does make me really think about the meaning of life alot more than I did two days ago.

Because it's short and a quick read, It might be difficult to understand the deeper meaning/s of the book.

So if you haven't bought it yet, you need to get a move on.
It's an easy read, A difficult discussion.
“The scariest enemy is from within. Allowing yourself to be limited and conform to what you're expected to conform to.”~JD

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:41 pm

I hope it is not too difficult a discussion, Depputante. But it will deppinately be a deep one.

Return to “Announcements and Calendars”