Gangemi Q&A #7

Author of INAMORATA

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Gangemi Q&A #7

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:18 am

#7. Did Mina Crandon’s husband really administer drugs before and after each séance? If not, how did you come up with the idea?

Gangemi:
Not that I'm aware of. But he was a gynecological surgeon, and a pretty creepy customer (in some ways even creepier than my version) so it wasn't a big stretch for me to come up with the idea that he was administering "Twilight Sleep" (scopolamine & morphine)-- a common drug used in childbirth with obvious addictive properties.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

suec

Unread postby suec » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:40 pm

That is so horrible, to admimister such a drug in such a situation. It does make me wonder about the ways in which the real person was even creepier.
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:49 pm

I had the same thought, suec. It seems Betty Sue was right on the money when she nicknamed him Creepy Crawley! :-O
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:51 pm

How creepy was creepy?...Do we know what happened to him in real life?
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:57 am

gilly wrote:How creepy was creepy?...Do we know what happened to him in real life?

I don't, gilly. Maybe some research is in order...

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Joseph Gangemi”