Gangemi Q&A #5

Author of INAMORATA

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Gangemi Q&A #5

Unread postby Liz » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:21 am

5. After doing the research on Spiritualism for Inamorata, did you end up writing the book from a believer's viewpoint or a skeptic's viewpoint?

Gangemi:
I remain a "skeptical inquirer"…perhaps leaning toward the skeptics' side of the fence but open to being proven wrong. I've never seen a ghost, but would very much like to, since conclusive evidence of an Afterlife would make many things in this world much less anxiety-producing. I did go to one prominent psychic in Philadelphia as research, but was unconvinced by her powers. She was a nice woman, and clearly well-meaning, but didn't tell me anything I couldn't learn from a fortune cookie.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:55 am

Hmmm..... that does seem to be the point of view of the entire book.
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:04 am

Sounds to me like he "wants to believe". Just needs proof not faith. Interesting.

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:53 pm

He sounds a bit like Mclaughlin [sp ]....But his comment about the psychic is a tiny bit patronising....He should have talked to some of us,as part of his research... :grin: :flirt:
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:37 am

gilly wrote:He sounds a bit like Mclaughlin [sp ]....But his comment about the psychic is a tiny bit patronising....He should have talked to some of us,as part of his research... :grin: :flirt:

There's still time before the movie... ;-)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Joseph Gangemi”