Gangemi Q&A #4

Author of INAMORATA

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Gangemi Q&A #4

Unread postby Liz » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:56 am

4. Will you be working on the set during filming?

Gangemi:
Hopefully not working-- since you always hope to have the script in pretty good shape by the time cameras roll! When you're making a movie at the cost of something like $80,000 - $100,000 per day, you'd better have the script "locked" or you might as well just start burning money. (Of course, there are plenty of big studio films that are rushed into production with an unfinished script, like "Oceans 12," but we won't have that luxury. We'll be a relatively "small" budgeted film, and therefore will have to be efficient.) That said, there's always a little "tweaking" to be done, to adjust a line here or there, so I expect I'll be around for at least part of the shoot. I was just on the set of another movie I wrote, "Wind Chill," that's now in production in Canada, and I hung around for a few weeks. But "Inamorata" is especially close to my heart, and as I'm fascinated by the filmmaking process and have a good relationship with the director and producers, I expect I'll spend at least some time on the set. Of course, if they use Romania in winter in place of Philadelphia, I might decide not to stick around too long!
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:02 pm

I guess we may have been thinking a little too high-budget yesterday when we were speculating on the actresses for Mina's part. They may be out of the price range for a relatively "small" budgeted film.

H2H

Unread postby H2H » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:05 pm

I thought he said that he was looking for a movie star. I guess maybe a less known movie star. Who knows. Maybe they will find someone who is committed to the movie who would take less money. Hasn't Johnny done stuff like that when he really believed in the role?
Ladies....an announcement....I am up for it all the time.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:23 pm

I agree, H2H. Maybe a strong script and great story will attract someone that wants to do work on a good film with an interesting character. I think this one has great potential! I'm pretty clueless about what a "movie star" salary would be for a film like this. :eyebrow:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:37 pm

Good points, ladies.

And considering the current popularity of smaller, indie-type films, a big star might have more freedom to feel that they can accept the role for the story line instead of just the salary.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:46 pm

I have no clue either as to how much they get paid. :-?
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:14 pm

Well, you know I just had to do a Google search to see...it's from 2005 so it's not current, but here are some of the top salaries for actresses.

From Monsters and Critics.com

People News
Julia Roberts top paid Hollywood actress
By DPA
Nov 30, 2005, 19:00 GMT

New York - Julia Roberts, recently the mother of twins, is again at the top of the Hollywood's top earning actresses, making around 20 million dollars per movie, the film trade magazine Hollywood Reporter said on Wednesday.

Roberts is followed by Nicole Kidman, who makes 17 million per film and Reese Witherspoon and Drew Barrymore, who earn 15 million.

Rene Zellweger, Angelina Jolie and Cameron Diaz reportedly earn between 10 and 15 million for their roles, while the top 10 earners' list completed by Jodie Foster (10-12 million dollars), Charlize Theron (10 million) and Jennifer Aniston (9 million).

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:10 am

Thanks, theresa...I guess that leaves out our Texan choice. :bawl:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:00 am

You know - Winona Ryder might not be a bad pick for Mina. She's certainly got the acting chops, and she should be pretty affordable right now.
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:16 am

with Resse's recent Oscar nominations and wins her salery has been upped, I'm sure I heard she can now command $28 million per film. But this dosen't mean they want or get it and as said if an actress has real interest they will do it for less.

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:47 pm

Gangemi must have had a fair few talks with the producers :grin: and the director to say he has a good relationship with them...There's definitely movement on this project,which is good to see...
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:36 am

I agree, gilly! I think this is one we might just see next year! :bounce:

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Joseph Gangemi”