Gangemi Q&A #2

Author of INAMORATA

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Gangemi Q&A #2

Unread postby Liz » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:11 am

2. Have you had an opportunity to sit down with Johnny and talk about Inamorata? Did he tell you what attracted him to your story? Are you able to share any of your conversation(s) with us? Will he be playing a cameo?

Gangemi: Yes, I did meet with JD this summer. It was the day before he had his handprints put in cement at Mann's Chinese Theater. We didn't spend much time talking about the book/movie (I seem to recall us spending most of the time talking about the history of electroshock therapy) but I know there's some conversation about him playing one of the smaller "cameo" parts if time and schedule permit. I'll leave it to your readers to play the guessing game of what that cameo will be!

:-O
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:16 am

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
My preference: Walter
My guess: Sir Conan Doyle
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

KYwoman
Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson

Unread postby KYwoman » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:18 am

That is so kewl! I would loved to have been in on that conversation....wonder how/why it got to be mostlyabout ECT! That's interesting. :eyebrow:

Do you think the cameo could be.... WALTER?!
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." :motorcycle:

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:20 am

Wow - I can't imagine how convoluted a conversation with Johnny must get! ECT??

It's been a while since I read the book, but is Walter the first husband? - 'cause that would be my vote!
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:29 am

lumineuse wrote:Wow - I can't imagine how convoluted a conversation with Johnny must get! ECT??

It's been a while since I read the book, but is Walter the first husband? - 'cause that would be my vote!

Lumi, Walter was the "ghost" of Mina's brother, Ernst was the first husband. I think either of those roles would be bigger than a cameo, but I would love to see him play either! :bounce:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:32 am

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:
lumineuse wrote:Wow - I can't imagine how convoluted a conversation with Johnny must get! ECT??

Lumi, Walter was the "ghost" of Mina's brother, Ernst was the first husband. I think either of those roles would be bigger than a cameo, but I would love to see him play either! :bounce:

Thanks, DITHOT! Yes, either of those roles would be fun, but I think I'd go with Ernst, because we never really get to see Walter.

Larkwoodgirl

Unread postby Larkwoodgirl » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:15 pm

My guess: Houdini
""We shall never cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T.S. Eliot

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:52 pm

I would like it to be Walter. It's not a real big part. It could be considered a cameo, right? :please: On the other hand, we don't see Walter. So maybe someone like Ernst Stanlowe would be better. But that part might be too big to be considered a cameo. :-?
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:18 pm

I don't think Walter could be considered a cameo either , but you never know.Perhaps the Ventriloquist :lol:

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:28 pm

I don't have my book with me, and I don't remember his name, but how about the newspaper guy that Finch talked to -- the one who wrote the story about Mina?

That could be a lot of fun for Johnny -- he could be one of the paparazzi!

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:52 pm

theresa wrote:I don't have my book with me, and I don't remember his name, but how about the newspaper guy that Finch talked to -- the one who wrote the story about Mina?

That could be a lot of fun for Johnny -- he could be one of the paparazzi!

Ooohh... that might be fun! Wonder how venal he would make him?

SweetSam

Unread postby SweetSam » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:54 pm

Liz wrote:I would like it to be Walter. It's not a real big part. It could be considered a cameo, right? :please: On the other hand, we don't see Walter. So maybe someone like Ernst Stanlowe would be better. But that part might be too big to be considered a cameo. :-?

I'd LOVE it to be Walter. If it is, it would be his voice mostly or maybe only. That would be cool! :-O
Depp: It's true. I don't sing along to music.
Q: "Brown Sugar" comes on …
Depp: I might sing a little harmony. I might air guitar. Drumming. I like to drum.

'ello, Beastie! — CJS, DMC
I wish to be moved. — JD as JW

dharma_bum

Unread postby dharma_bum » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:02 am

You guys have come up with some good guesses… I'll put my bet on the ventriloquist. I would love to see him play one of the less eccentric roles like the bootlegger’s attorney—C. Stuart Patterson—he was such a creature of his time… very jazz age. I also like the irony of a muckraking journalist. But he would definitely be great as Walter.
"You can't broom out your head. You certainly can't broom out your heart. And there's a hot wire between them, and everything shows in the eyes."
—Johnny Depp

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:05 am

My first thought was Walter too. :bounce: I really hope so..I guess they could alter the book a little, so we could see him..maybe at the end..That would be a twist...db...I like the idea of the attorney too.He made quite an impact. :cool: ..He could always play the Crawley's servant..[I can never remember his name :-O ].
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:24 pm

Pike? That would be interesting! :-O

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Joseph Gangemi”