Monday, May 23 — Johnny on BBC Breakfast
Monday, May 23 on ABC — Johnny on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Monday, May 23 at 6 pm PST — Alice Through the Looking Glass US Premiere at the El Capitan Theater in Los Angeles

Q&A with Joanne Harris #11

Author of CHOCOLAT

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Q&A with Joanne Harris #11

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:23 am

Did you want the reader to believe Vianne stayed or left at the end of the story?

I wanted to leave the ending open. Obviously in a movie that’s not possible but I wanted the reader to choose which possibility they preferred to believe in. Personally I think there is more of Vianne’s story to come and that that section may not necessarily happen in Lansquenet, but that is for another day.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Bix

Unread postby Bix » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:47 pm

Oh, goodie! :bounce: I was hoping she meant that she might write about these characters again in her answer to an earlier question, and this makes it sound as if she has that in mind.

I really have liked her answers to our questions. She seems really to know these characters inside and out and have very careful, thoughtful reasons for every last detail in her story. I am very impressed.
Live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! ~Auntie Mame

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:41 pm

It does sound like she would like to revisit Vianne and maybe some of the other characters from Chocolat one day. I hope she does!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Joanne Harris”