Monday, February 15 at 8 pm ET — Grammy Awards on CBS
The Hollywood Vampires will be performing at the ceremony.

Q&A with Joanne Harris ~ #1

Author of CHOCOLAT

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Q&A with Joanne Harris ~ #1

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:05 am

Liz and I would like to express our thanks to Joanne Harris for taking the time to answer your questions! :bounce: We would also like to thank you, Noodlemantras, for your great questions and participation in the discussion. :cool:
We will be posting one question each day for 12 days. I think you will find her responses very revealing! :-O #1…

In the book and the movie, Vianne had so many different recipes that she pulled from regularly to aid the people in the village with their lives. You have said that many of the recipes belonged to your own grandmother. I'm curious about the hot chocolate with the red pepper. Is there a recipe for it?

Yes, there’s a recipe. As with many of the recipes from Chocolat you can find it in my recipe book, The French Kitchen, which I co-wrote with Fran Warde and which has Vianne’s Hot Chocolate, the Nipples of Venus, etc, etc plus quite a few of the savoury recipes from the book as well.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:30 am

Wow! I didn't know there was a cookbook. I may have to look for that! :cool:
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:48 pm

Amazon lists her as the author or coauthor of at least three cookbooks: The French Kitchen, My French Kitchen, and The French Market.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:36 pm

Here is the link to her website and a description of the cookbook listed as The French Kitchen.

http://www.joanne-harris.co.uk/pages/bookpages/frenchkitchen.html
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:34 am

I can vouch for chilli chocolate..It's yummy :bounce:.I haven't tried it with red pepper though :cool:
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

Return to “Joanne Harris”