Darlene Cates Q&A ~ #9

Actress who played Mama in WHAT'S EATING GILBERT GRAPE

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Darlene Cates Q&A ~ #9

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue May 15, 2007 8:32 am

What impressed you most about Johnny, during filming? Are you still in communication with Johnny and others from the film?

Johnny impressed me most with his sense of humor and his kindness. As I mentioned in the previous question, I wish I was in touch with everyone more often. I still am in touch with many of the crew and with Lasse'. What a wonderful group of people! We really were like a family on and off the set during the filming. Truely a once-in-a-lifetime event!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Linda Lee

Unread postby Linda Lee » Tue May 15, 2007 9:32 am

That's quite an accolade, his kindness and his sense of humor, two of the best traits a person can have. It's nice to hear that the atomosphere on the set was so good, and that you are still in touch with many of the people you worked with on WEGG.
Serenity is not freedom from the storm but peace within the storm. ~ Unknown

Xaxis

Unread postby Xaxis » Tue May 15, 2007 11:30 am

It's good to know that things were good on the set and that it felt like a happy family! Hope there's a family reunion one day!:chill:
“Know thyself” and “Nothing to excess” inscribed on the temple of Apollo at Delphi.

heidi1

Unread postby heidi1 » Tue May 15, 2007 3:27 pm

:cloud9: How delightful to hear, Darlene! What wonderful memories you must have, great enough to last a lifetime! Nice to hear that you are still in touch with Lasse, since he seems like a very warm, kind person too. Thanks for sharing!

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Tue May 15, 2007 4:24 pm

I always sort of thought that the acting occupation must be difficult in the sense that you work with people and get involved with a project together and then leave and are off to the next one with different people.
I am glad that it is enjoyabel at the time and you will always have the memories. It is not like 9-5 jobs that last for years and I have heard stars who say, like Johnny, they feel like gypies.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

nebraska

Re: Darlene Cates Q&A ~ #9

Unread postby nebraska » Tue May 15, 2007 5:42 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:What impressed you most about Johnny, during filming? Are you still in communication with Johnny and others from the film?

Johnny impressed me most with his sense of humor and his kindness. As I mentioned in the previous question, I wish I was in touch with everyone more often. I still am in touch with many of the crew and with Lasse'. What a wonderful group of people! We really were like a family on and off the set during the filming. Truely a once-in-a-lifetime event!

Since you have kept some of those connections, perhaps another opportunity will come along. I hope so!

Return to “Darlene Cates”