Darlene Cates Q&A - Question #6

Actress who played Mama in WHAT'S EATING GILBERT GRAPE

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Darlene Cates Q&A - Question #6

Unread postby Liz » Sat May 12, 2007 12:06 pm

Q: Just let Darlene know... I wish I could hug her and tell her that I think she was greatest in that role....and I loved to see her in more movies!!! Here's a pure imagination question, if you could act with Johnny in any movie ever made, other than WEGG, what would it be?

A: Thanks for the cyber hug! Your question is a tough one. Maybe, "The Grapes of Wrath". It is hard for me to imagine myself in roles for regular sized people, so when thinking back on some of my favorite movies I had a mental block. A few of my favorites are, "The Green Mile", "Powder", "One Magic Christmas", "Braveheart", and many others. I seem to lean toward stories with a touch of magic or weirdness in them. Maybe that's why Johnny and I got along so well. (big grin)

You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat May 12, 2007 12:09 pm

Darlene, I loved the The Green Mile too, and I always like a touch of magic. I must say it’s been magical being able to do this Q&A with you. I want to thank you so much for participating in this. I think you can tell that everyone admires you here, and we’re so glad you are peeking in on us. You’re the best. :cool:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

nickidepphead

Unread postby nickidepphead » Sat May 12, 2007 12:16 pm

Oh, The Green Mile is an amazing film, I love it - I could totally see you in that, Darlene! And hey - weirdness is good! :grin:
* So...directly from the beautiful lips of Johnny Depp - THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Johnny Depp Zone! *

Betty Sue

Unread postby Betty Sue » Sat May 12, 2007 1:12 pm

Great question! Great answer! And now I have a few more movies to add to my "must see" list......sure will be fun to picture Darlene and Johnny in them! :bounce:
"I never wanted to be remembered for being a star."

Lady Jill

Unread postby Lady Jill » Sat May 12, 2007 1:31 pm

Thank you again, Darlene, for being here with us.
I can see Powder. Magical movie and Johnny and you!

Lady Jill
" After we're gone, the only thing that matters is the love we left behind."

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Sat May 12, 2007 9:35 pm

I seem to lean toward stories with a touch of magic or weirdness in them. Maybe that's why Johnny and I got along so well. (big grin)

I just keep liking you better and better all the time. I love magic and wierdness in movies, and I would bet so would most all the zoners, so its not just you and Johnny. "The Grapes of Wrath" is one of my all time favorites. That shows my age. It was made before I was born but my parents loved it and it rubbed off on me. I love Henry Fonda.
I also loved Powder.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Xaxis

Unread postby Xaxis » Mon May 14, 2007 11:27 am

Sorry, I was out for the weekend... 'Mommie?'
The Grapes of Wrath is an wonderful choice, I would love to see that.

Darlene Quote:
I seem to lean toward stories with a touch of magic or weirdness in them. Maybe that's why Johnny and I got along so well. (big grin)

In my heart, I'm a grinnin' with yas! :grin: A bit of magic and weird works for me everytime. Excellent! :cool:
I'd also love to see you in a remake of 'The King of Hearts' ... one of my dream movies I'd love to see Johnny do.
Thanks for sharing with us! :thanks!:
“Know thyself” and “Nothing to excess” inscribed on the temple of Apollo at Delphi.

Return to “Darlene Cates”