AN ANNOUNCEMENT!

Actress who played Mama in WHAT'S EATING GILBERT GRAPE

Moderator: Liz

es

Unread postby es » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:27 am

Liz and DITHOT,althou I havent joined thediscussion I wanted to say congrats to you for given the Zoners whodid the change to ask Mrs Cates some questions.
That is a great achievmend and oppertunatie.

Have a wonderful discusion !
Greets,
Es
who laughs the last didnt got the joke,
freek&sjaak

nickidepphead

Unread postby nickidepphead » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:16 am

Wow, awesome news! Congratulations DITHOT and Liz - how on earth did you manage that?!!

*goes off to rack brains for intelligent question to ask* :perplexed:

Reckon you could get Johnny to join in, too? :grin: :lol:
* So...directly from the beautiful lips of Johnny Depp - THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Johnny Depp Zone! *

San

Unread postby San » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:45 am

:bounce: Great news Dithot and Liz.
repeat :sing: I'm so excited ...... :sing:
:blush: Is it May already?
Art has to be forgotten: Beauty must be realised ~ ~ Piet Mondriaan (1872 -1944)

KYwoman
Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson

Unread postby KYwoman » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:07 am

:cool: Way to go Noodlemantra leaders!! Wonderful news, and very nice of Darlene to share her time with us. Looking forward to it!! :bounce:
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." :motorcycle:

Anna

Unread postby Anna » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:38 am

She's so sweet! Congrats, ladies.

For the life of me I wouldn't know what questions to ask but I'll have a think.
Oops, I haven't participated in the WEGG discussion so far.
:blush:
One minute I’m mushing along with the huskies as usual, and all of a sudden it’s global warming.

ibbi 3

Unread postby ibbi 3 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:56 am

That is great and exciting news , congrats Liz and DITHOT !
I look forward to the questions and answers :disco:
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:48 am

gemini wrote:This is really great. Now I just have to think of something intelligent to ask. DITHOT, just curious is Darlene computer saavy? I love that she calls herself Johnnys biggest fan. Does she want to join the zone?

gemini, I don't know how computer savvy she is. Wouldn't that be great if she joined! :bounce:

Thanks everyone for your congratulatory wishes. We are really excited about the opportunity. :snoopydances: She seems to be such a sweet person and a wonderful actor. We are really looking forward to hearing about her experiences on WEGG and her thoughts about Johnny! And of course we can't thank her enough for giving us the opportunity to do so! :thanks!:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Bix

Unread postby Bix » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:54 am

:bounce: Just have to add my congratulations! This just proves that you should always ask. The worst that can happen is that you don't hear back or you get a polite "No", but sometimes the best happens. Thank you for venturing to contact Ms. Cates, DITHOT. I'm looking forward to hearing what she has to say, as I was extremely impressed with her in the movie.
Live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! ~Auntie Mame

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:49 am

That's my motto, Bix! :cool:

I see we have some questions coming in already. I'm looking forward to more questions. But I'm mostly looking forward to her answers.
:bounce:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

part-time poet

Unread postby part-time poet » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:01 pm

Congratulations, Liz and DITHOT! :applause:

What a wonderful opportunity to hear what Ms. Cates has to say. It will be a great pleasure for all of us--:thanks!: very much for arranging it.

You are the best! :hatsoff:

:writer2: :smiliewithhearts:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

ThirdArm

Unread postby ThirdArm » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:10 pm

This is wonderful news, Liz and DitHot! I really liked her in WEGG and I am anxious to hear what she has to say.

Now, if I could only come up with an intelligent question.....
~No doubt the years have changed me.~

AnaMaria

Unread postby AnaMaria » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:39 pm

Congratulations Dithot, Liz !

Very :interesting:

I won't send in a question for Darlene (haven't read the book and do not participate in the discussion, although I like to read the ONBC tidbits and comments), but I'm looking forward to hear what others are asking, and in particular what she will answer.

heidi1

Unread postby heidi1 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:09 pm

:hatsoff: :hatsoff: to both of you, Liz and DITHOT! This is very exciting! Like Joni said, Darlene's kindness came through in her portrayal of Momma, and really helped make WEGG the genuine movie that it is. I wish it weren't such a busy time for me personally(filling out college aid forms for my oldest child right now), so that I could reread my copy of WEGG that is in the attic and participate more. I have been catching the ONBC discussions each day in bits and pieces as I can. I will be thinking of some questions for Darlene to submit. It will be awesome reading her replies to everyone's questions here, and it is very touching that she would give us her time. The month of May sure has alot of exciting things for Zoners to look forward to! :bounce:

In-too-Depp

Unread postby In-too-Depp » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:09 pm

Congratulations Liz and DITHOT for giving everyone the opportunity to ask Darlene some interesting questions about her experiences filming with Johnny, it's really nice of her to take the time to do it. I wonder if this is the first time she's been asked to do this by a Johnny website.

I look forward to reading all the answers but in the meantime I'll start thinking about any questions I'd like to ask her.

Thanks again! :disco:
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:31 pm

heidi wrote::hatsoff: :hatsoff: to both of you, Liz and DITHOT! This is very exciting! Like Joni said, Darlene's kindness came through in her portrayal of Momma, and really helped make WEGG the genuine movie that it is. I wish it weren't such a busy time for me personally(filling out college aid forms for my oldest child right now), so that I could reread my copy of WEGG that is in the attic and participate more. I have been catching the ONBC discussions each day in bits and pieces as I can. I will be thinking of some questions for Darlene to submit. It will be awesome reading her replies to everyone's questions here, and it is very touching that she would give us her time. The month of May sure has alot of exciting things for Zoners to look forward to! :bounce:

Heidi, I could be in the deppths of college aid forms this time next year myself. Good luck with all of that and good luck to your kid. Feel free to add any thoughts you have about WEGG even though you haven’t read the book.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Return to “Darlene Cates”