AN ANNOUNCEMENT!

Actress who played Mama in WHAT'S EATING GILBERT GRAPE

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:32 pm

In-too-Depp wrote: I wonder if this is the first time she's been asked to do this by a Johnny website.

Good question.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Charlene

Unread postby Charlene » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:55 pm

Congratulations DITHOT & Liz....now to go off and wrack my brain for deep, intelligent questions...when all I really want to know is is.......What the heck does he smell like?...and the sad part is, as you know, I've been within inches of him and couldn't tell you ....I think I was overwhelmed...underwhelmed... by what I think was Jerry's cologne.

heidi1

Unread postby heidi1 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:21 pm

:wave: Thanks for the invitation to join in, Liz! My daughter surprised us by getting into her first choice college, despite the fierce competition for spaces this year due to all the baby boomers (like myself), finally settling down 18 years ago. It has been a scramble regarding finances since we just weren't expecting this, but where there is a will, there is a way IMHO. Likewise with rereading WEGG---I'll see if I can dig it out this weekend and do a quick skim. It is my favorite movie, so I will make the "sacrifice" for the sake of my jdocd! :lol: By the way, your trip to Manor was hilarious! You ONBCers are so clever!

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:59 pm

Charlene, that is a very good question! :lol:

heidi, congratulations to your daughter! :bouquet: We experienced that sort of scrambling ourselves a few years ago when Whelp the Younger was accepted to college. It sounds like you know the movie pretty well so a quick skim of the book should bring you up to speed and some questions won't even require a read. Welcome!
:welcome:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

heidi1

Unread postby heidi1 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:23 pm

:thanks!: for the flowers and kind thoughts for my daughter, DITHOT! She used hard work to succeed in courses that even some of her teachers felt were beyond her, and she proved she could do it consistently. We are still on :cloud9: two weeks after her acceptance letter arrived. I have been working with numbers 24/7 since then, wrestling with those aid forms and taxes. Dealing with words will be a pleasant change, especially when it comes to WEGG! :heart2: :sigh:

Linda Lee

Unread postby Linda Lee » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:44 pm

Congratulations, DITHOT and Liz.
This will be very interestiong, Thank You! :snoopydances:
Serenity is not freedom from the storm but peace within the storm. ~ Unknown

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:55 am

heidi wrote::thanks!: for the flowers and kind thoughts for my daughter, DITHOT! She used hard work to succeed in courses that even some of her teachers felt were beyond her, and she proved she could do it consistently. We are still on :cloud9: two weeks after her acceptance letter arrived. I have been working with numbers 24/7 since then, wrestling with those aid forms and taxes. Dealing with words will be a pleasant change, especially when it comes to WEGG! :heart2: :sigh:

Congratulations to you and your daughter on her acceptance. I'm sure it's a relief.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Intodadepps

Unread postby Intodadepps » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:19 pm

Congratulations Liz and DitHot. Darlene is such a wonderful courageous Lady. :heart:
I have the ET interviews with Darlene and will post if anyone is interested. They might give you some ideas for questions.
"hide the rum"
Some (Johnny Depp) are on their own marvelous planet.
"I've experienced bad, so I'll stay with good,"
"Just BELIEVE"
Johnny: "the world's sexiest living accessory!" I want one of those... sigh!

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:56 pm

Intodadepps wrote:Congratulations Liz and DitHot. Darlene is such a wonderful courageous Lady. :heart:
I have the ET interviews with Darlene and will post if anyone is interested. They might give you some ideas for questions.

Thanks, Intodadepps! She does indeed seem like a wonderful person. I think posting the ET interview would be fine. Just start a thread here on ONBC. Thanks for the offer! :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Xaxis

Unread postby Xaxis » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:03 pm

:cloud9: :angel: What an angel Darlene is! :angel: :cloud9:
:thanks!: Thanks! :thanks!:
“Know thyself” and “Nothing to excess” inscribed on the temple of Apollo at Delphi.

Mrs.Nobody

Unread postby Mrs.Nobody » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:59 pm

Intodadepps wrote:Congratulations Liz and DitHot. Darlene is such a wonderful courageous Lady. :heart:

Yes Please :thanks:
He has a way of huddling down under his hat and his totemsBut when the camera was on him, some of the times, he kind of beamed Johnny out It was striking, like one of those magic powers in those hobbit movies.John Richardson Esquire Magazine

heidi1

Unread postby heidi1 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:30 am

Thanks for your kind wishes, Liz. I was able to locate my copy of WEGG readily in the attic---the JD related stuff is never too far out of reach! Now for a fast skim of the book. Working with so many numbers lately has scrambled my brain, so a dose of WEGG may be just the antidote!

ibbi 3

Unread postby ibbi 3 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:00 am

Mrs.Nobody wrote:

Yes Please :thanks:

Yes please , if you can post them , that would be wonderfull !
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

Return to “Darlene Cates”