Kathryn Leigh Scott Q&A #4

Moderator: Liz

ONBC Moderator

Kathryn Leigh Scott Q&A #4

Unread postby Liz » Mon May 14, 2012 1:48 pm

ONBC: For anyone who did not "run home from school" to watch Dark Shadows ... Is there an episode that we should watch to give us a feel for it?

Kathryn: Fortunately, MPI has brought out a “Best of” compilation, mostly featuring Barnabas, but that would be a good jumping off place. My favorite of all the episodes is Maggie’s first meeting with Barnabas in the Collinsport diner . . . the chemistry and budding romance was there to see! Two outsiders bonding . . . I think Dan Curtis saw that scene and created the tragic romance between Maggie (soon to be Josette) and Barnabas.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Re: Kathryn Leigh Scott Q&A #4

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Mon May 14, 2012 9:00 pm

:ok: Good point, Liz.
With several years worth of episodes, it can be daunting to try to find a place to start. And since Barnabas wasn't there from the beginning, it's nice of Kathryn to point us in a good direction.
Barnabas was always the sympathetic character for me and it was quite a revolutionary idea to make a monster sympathetic. Kudos to Dan Curtis! :applause2:

Re: Kathryn Leigh Scott Q&A #4

Unread postby bluebird » Tue May 15, 2012 11:01 am

Great! I'll be looking for that "Best of ...!"

The edge … there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. HST

Return to “Kathryn Leigh Scott & Jim Pierson”