It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Life Tidbit #5 ~ A Trip Back In Time
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:51 am 

sleepy wrote:
My sister had all our old LP's. I remember her grandson finding them and asking her what they were! My sister passed away a couple of years ago. She loved the Stones, especially Keith. When this book came out, I couldn't help but think how much she would have loved it...

Oops, I mixed up the Patti Boyd husbands!

I could confuse the isue completley if you like becasue Patti Boyd also had an affair with Ronnie Wood while she was married to George Harrison and George Harrison had gone off with Krissie Wood Ronnie's wife. That ws pre Stones in 1973.
I'm guessing you might be confusing Patti's, as Keith's wife is also called Patti.

Btw you ladies are making me feel very young :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:34 am 

I've set my recorder to record a programme called A Histoy of American Music introduced by Morgan Freeman that is on tonight. I've not seen it before but know its been on before anyone familiar with it?

They are also doing a series thats been on before called the British Invasion which tonight will be about the Small Faces.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:22 am 

Gilbert's Girl wrote:
sleepy wrote:
My sister had all our old LP's. I remember her grandson finding them and asking her what they were! My sister passed away a couple of years ago. She loved the Stones, especially Keith. When this book came out, I couldn't help but think how much she would have loved it...

Oops, I mixed up the Patti Boyd husbands!

I could confuse the isue completley if you like becasue Patti Boyd also had an affair with Ronnie Wood while she was married to George Harrison and George Harrison had gone off with Krissie Wood Ronnie's wife. That ws pre Stones in 1973.
I'm guessing you might be confusing Patti's, as Keith's wife is also called Patti.

George got around. I think he slept with Ringo's wife, too. Guess that's why he was so quiet. :whistle:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:23 am 

Liz wrote:
fansmom wrote:
Gilbert's Girl wrote:
Its funny I think the only thing people really know or remember about Mods and Rockers is that clash on Brighton Beach.
The film Quadrephenia is worth watching probably to get a feel of them.I've only seen it once and it was a long time ago.
My daughter and I may have walked on the beach quietly chanting, "We are the mods, we are the mods" (from Quadrophenia) when we were in Brighton years ago . :whistle:

Mom and Daughter time doesn't get much better than that.

Loved Quadraphinia! That was the first I had ever heard of the mods and the rockers. I agree that there is a similarity to 80s bands.

The first I had heard of it was in A Hard Days Night, when the boys were doing the "press conference" and one of the reporters asked Ringo if he was Mod or a Rocker and he said he was Mocker. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:08 pm 

Gilbert's Girl wrote:
They are also doing a series thats been on before called the British Invasion which tonight will be about the Small Faces.

Yessss!! Steve Marriott! LOVED his voice. He later went on to form Humble Pie, among various other bands over the years til he died in a fire from his cigarette in the early 90's, I think it was, or mid-90's. 'Itchycoo Park' is still one of my very top favorite songs of all time. :heart2: I still play it over and over..

But the Larry King interview with Johnny is on tonight, over here anyway. Guess it isn't over there?

Gilbert's Girl wrote:

:razz: You just had a birthday but don't worry--I won't be rude and ask how old you are! :mwahaha:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:55 pm 

Cyn wrote:
Gilbert's Girl wrote:

Yessss!! Steve Marriott! LOVED his voice. He later went on to form Humble Pie, among various other bands over the years til he died in a fire from his cigarette in the early 90's, I think it was, or mid-90's. 'Itchycoo Park' is still one of my very top favorite songs of all time. :heart2: I still play it over and over..

But the Larry King interview with Johnny is on tonight, over here anyway. Guess it isn't over there?

Gilbert's Girl wrote:

:razz: You just had a birthday but don't worry--I won't be rude and ask how old you are! :mwahaha:

No we don't get that over here.

Well I was a child during the 60's so you can work it out :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:22 pm 

Gilbert's Girl wrote:

Well I was a child during the 60's so you can work it out :lol:

Me too! :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:19 pm 

nebraska wrote:
I am always surprised how many people here at the Zone mention that George Harrison was their favorite Beetle. He was mine. :heart: Quite, rough around the edges. In many ways he reminds me of the videos I have watched of the young Keith Richards. Anyway, everybody seemed to just love Paul who was supposed to be the cute one, and John was supposed to be this super musician or something, and then there was Ringo......but not many in those days shared my passion for George. It is good to be among friends. :cool:

I was just thinking the same thing ... back in the day when I'd say George was my favorite everyone around me would say "Why???" :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:23 pm 

bluebird wrote:
nebraska wrote:
I am always surprised how many people here at the Zone mention that George Harrison was their favorite Beetle. He was mine. :heart: Quite, rough around the edges. In many ways he reminds me of the videos I have watched of the young Keith Richards. Anyway, everybody seemed to just love Paul who was supposed to be the cute one, and John was supposed to be this super musician or something, and then there was Ringo......but not many in those days shared my passion for George. It is good to be among friends. :cool:

I was just thinking the same thing ... back in the day when I'd say George was my favorite everyone around me would say "Why???" :)

:highfive: There just may be some pure strain of Depp-something running through this group!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:56 am 

nebraska wrote:
bluebird wrote:
nebraska wrote:

:highfive: There just may be some pure strain of Depp-something running through this group!

Yeah George was always my favorite too if I had to choose one. Really liked some of his later work. Really sorry he is no longer with us.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:59 am 

Gilbert's Girl wrote:
nebraska wrote:

Yeah George was always my favorite too if I had to choose one. Really liked some of his later work. Really sorry he is no longer with us.

Me too...I was depressed for days after he died. With Lennon's death/murder, I'm still horrified and depressed about it. When I was in NYC a few years after it happened, I stood in the spot where he was shot--or thereabouts--and closed my eyes and had a 'moment or two of silence' for him.
And on a lighter note--hey, I'm a majorly huge Depp-fan and also Beatles-fan and my favorite wasn't sweet, shy, sensitive, intelligent George. The brainy girls' and most male Beatles fans' fave was John. But Paul just melted me with his expressions and way of singing, and that natural charisma he always had and still does to this day, like when I saw him on The View last year, I think it was. He was just adorable on it. He just got married a week or so ago.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:24 am 

Cyn wrote:
Gilbert's Girl wrote:
nebraska wrote:

Me too...I was depressed for days after he died. With Lennon's death/murder, I'm still horrified and depressed about it. When I was in NYC a few years after it happened, I stood in the spot where he was shot--or thereabouts--and closed my eyes and had a 'moment or two of silence' for him.
And on a lighter note--hey, I'm a majorly huge Depp-fan and also Beatles-fan and my favorite wasn't sweet, shy, sensitive, intelligent George. The brainy girls' and most male Beatles fans' fave was John. But Paul just melted me with his expressions and way of singing, and that natural charisma he always had and still does to this day, like when I saw him on The View last year, I think it was. He was just adorable on it. He just got married a week or so ago.

Never really been a Paul fan but when I think about which songs I like of the Beatles best its usually ones where Paul is singing and when he formed Wings I did actually have some of their albums so guess I was a bigger fan than I thought :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:40 am 

I actually liked them all but Paul was always my favorite. I did get to see him in concert when we lived in Dallas and have seen Ringo as well. Funny aside...when Wings was popular the son of a friend of mine was listening to one of their songs and said to his mom..."Did you know Paul McCartney had a band before Wings?" :lol:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:59 am 

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:
I actually liked them all but Paul was always my favorite. I did get to see him in concert when we lived in Dallas and have seen Ringo as well. Funny aside...when Wings was popular the son of a friend of mine was listening to one of their songs and said to his mom..."Did you know Paul McCartney had a band before Wings?" :lol:

:harhar:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:59 am 

Gilbert's Girl wrote:
Never really been a Paul fan but when I think about which songs I like of the Beatles best its usually ones where Paul is singing and when he formed Wings I did actually have some of their albums so guess I was a bigger fan than I thought :lol:

:lol:

Quote:
when Wings was popular the son of a friend of mine was listening to one of their songs and said to his mom..."Did you know Paul McCartney had a band before Wings?" :lol:

OMG! :biglaugh: That is hilarious.

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3