Bryan Burrough Q&A #14

Author or PUBLIC ENEMIES

Moderator: Liz

shadowydog

Unread postby shadowydog » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:57 pm

Ah - but what if he became an internet bandit? From what I have read he wasn't a dummy. Maybe the feds would be chasing him through the internet? :-O Which is almost as hopelessly unpatrolled today as interstate flight was back then. :cool:

Parlez

Unread postby Parlez » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:17 am

shadowydog wrote:Ah - but what if he became an internet bandit? From what I have read he wasn't a dummy. Maybe the feds would be chasing him through the internet? :-O Which is almost as hopelessly unpatrolled today as interstate flight was back then. :cool:

Perhaps Dillinger would've indulged in identity theft to keep himself free to roam around the country and go to the cinema in person (what with the high cost of going to the movies these days), but I don't picture him pulling most internet scams and crimes. He was a petty gangster but he wasn't that petty, if you know what I mean. Internet crime has brought the issue of committing crime to a new low, IMO. :-/

I think what did Dillinger in may have been the same thing that Hoover suffered from: hubris. He was so sure the people chasing him were too inept to catch him, he got cocky. Plus, he forgot the #1 rule in any criminal's code: trust noone.
"Belay that! ...Do something else!" ~ Hector Barbossa
savvy avi by mamabear

Return to “Bryan Burrough”