Bryan Burrough Q&A #9 - Comment from Burrough Added

Author or PUBLIC ENEMIES

Moderator: Liz

Lady Jill

Unread postby Lady Jill » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:59 am

Liz wrote:Below is a quote from an email I received from Bryan on March 25. I wasn’t going to post it at first but have since decided to, with his permission, of course.

It's a real hoot seeing you scroll our Q&A these past few days. Yes, I continue "lurking'' on your boards. I was struck by a post today from "Teacher'' on Question No. 9. She said it must've been hard for me to "let the book go,'' suggesting maybe I had withdrawal symptoms. I did! And one of the nicest things about the Mann/Depp movie, and all these fun posts, is getting to re-engage with a book I loved so.

So, thanks!

Very cool Bryan feels like answering more questions within the posts. Makes me feel part of the whole of it, from his book. . . the the Zone to the film. And what an honor for Bryan to have his book made into a film, with. . .the best man for the job!!
Lady Jill aka Cajun Kitty
" After we're gone, the only thing that matters is the love we left behind."

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:49 pm

I sure can sympathize with his withdrawal symptoms. I didn't research and write the book but just reading it has me reading every book that isn't nailed down on all the characters. I can imagine that he would be a lot more mesmerized because its his baby. :cool:
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

teacher

Unread postby teacher » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:45 am

Oh, how cool! Now I get to talk to book authors. :dance: The "withdrawal" idea is something JD's spoken about many times, but I think we've all gone through something of the kind after a project or event that took a lot of preparation - sometimes you feel kind of empty after it. I guessed it must had been like that for Mr. Burrough, especially because he seems to have gotten to know the PEs so well.
It is a good thing that both he and we will have the film to help us relieve the experience.
:wave: Mr. Burrough
Yes, I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion. - Tom Wingfield, Glass Menagerie

Return to “Bryan Burrough”