A thank you from Andrew Birkin

Author of J.M. BARRIE AND THE LOST BOYS

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

A thank you from Andrew Birkin

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:09 pm

For those of you that sent thank you messages to Andrew Birkin regarding his participation in our discussion of J.M. Barrie and the Lost Boys, I thought you would like to read his response to the email I sent with your notes of gratitude! :cool:

How very kind of you and your fellow members to write so generously, and I'm really happy that my answers/ramblings should have met with such a warm response. I've been somewhat inundated by journalists re "Finding Neverland" in particular and the PP centenery in general - which gets tough as my mind is 200 years away, with Napoleon and Betsy Balcombe on St Helena on even days of the week - and Emily Bronte and Branwell on the odd ones! I was meant to have gone to the premiere of Neverland on Sunday, but the drive back from Wales with my girlfriend took longer than by horse and carriage a century ago, so we missed it. I'm really delighted that the website has also been a help - we just added more audio clips of the immortal Nico, and the database (of over 2,500 scans) is to be hoisted up the mast any day now....

Again, so many thanks to one and all for writing, and my very best wishes.

Andrew

PS There's a forum on our website - and a more active/longer-running one at www.jmbarrie.com - run by close American friends of mine, whom I'm sure will welcome any further discussion groups.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

KYwoman
Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson

Unread postby KYwoman » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:22 pm

Thanks DITHOT and Liz for arranging for us to have A. Birkin respond to our questions. That was a real treat. Glad he received the messages and it was good to hear back from him. His participation was really appreciated! :bounce:

Wouldn't it be fabulous to have each of the authors participate with us as we discussed each book. One can dream.....
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." :motorcycle:

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:28 pm

KYwoman wrote:Thanks DITHOT and Liz for arranging for us to have A. Birkin respond to our questions. That was a real treat. Glad he received the messages and it was good to hear back from him. His participation was really appreciated! :bounce:

Wouldn't it be fabulous to have each of the authors participate with us as we discussed each book. One can dream.....

Ditto! That was a wonderful opportunity and deeply appreciated! :thanks: :cool:

Speaking of dreaming - can you imagine Hunter?
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:30 pm

Wow that was great. :bounce: I feel so lucky to be in this group! TYTYTY DITHOT & Liz.
Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:18 pm

lumineuse wrote:
KYwoman wrote:Thanks DITHOT and Liz for arranging for us to have A. Birkin respond to our questions. That was a real treat. Glad he received the messages and it was good to hear back from him. His participation was really appreciated! :bounce:

I'm waiting for the opportune moment.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:11 pm

Liz's turn! :grin: Wouldn't that be great if we could contact future authors! Now if Johnny would just write a book.... :cloud9:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:42 pm

Liz wrote:
lumineuse wrote:

I'm waiting for the opportune moment.

I would almost be afraid to ask Hunter questions. Who knows what he would say or call us. He gets so ticked so easily from what I can tell, you just never know what may offend him.
Everything is always okay in the end,

if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:56 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Liz's turn! :grin: Wouldn't that be great if we could contact future authors! Now if Johnny would just write a book.... :cloud9:

Mine! Mine! Mine! :capnjack:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Still-Rather-Timid

Unread postby Still-Rather-Timid » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:25 pm

I'm dying to know what sort of project Mr. Birkin is working on involving the Brontës!

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:29 pm

srt wrote: I'm dying to know what sort of project Mr. Birkin is working on involving the Brontës!

Me too! I looked up the Napoleon project on the internet and found that he is working on a script treatment for Scarlett Johansen.

"The project tells the story of the emperor’s final years, as seen through the girl’s eyes. Initially defiant and planning to escape, Bonaparte tries to enlist her in his fantasy to regrasp power, but eventually becomes resigned to his fate. "

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Andrew Birkin”