It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Update on our correspondence with Andrew Birkin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:59 pm 

I just wanted to let you all know that we are expecting our answers to the questions that were sent to Mr. Birkin soon. I received an email from him over the holiday weekend apologizing for being late in getting back to us. He said he has granted over 30 hours of interviews over the past 3 months due to the 100th anniversary of Peter Pan and also to the interest in Finding Neverland. He said our request was the last one he was granting on the subject so we are lucky indeed! :cool:

As a funny aside, he said he has been in France and was getting ready to start writing a screenplay for a movie called "Napoleon and Betsy". I looked it up on the internet and told him I thought it looked very interesting and we would look for it in 2005. His response was "Where did you see that?? I haven't even written it yet!" Must be hard to have your work out there before you even know what it is! :-?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject: Re: Update on our correspondence with Andrew Birkin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:53 pm 

Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:
I just wanted to let you all know that we are expecting our answers to the questions that were sent to Mr. Birkin soon. I received an email from him over the holiday weekend apologizing for being late in getting back to us. He said he has granted over 30 hours of interviews over the past 3 months due to the 100th anniversary of Peter Pan and also to the interest in Finding Neverland. He said our request was the last one he was granting on the subject so we are lucky indeed! :cool:

As a funny aside, he said he has been in France and was getting ready to start writing a screenplay for a movie called "Napoleon and Betsy". I looked it up on the internet and told him I thought it looked very interesting and we would look for it in 2005. His response was "Where did you see that?? I haven't even written it yet!" Must be hard to have your work out there before you even know what it is! :-?

Thanks DITHOT, appreciate the update. I was wondering what happened, but figured he was a busy man...and it seems I was right! I'm glad our request came in 'under the wire' so to speak and he'll answer our Qs. I guess he'll have to search the internet to find out how he is progressing on his latest project! heehee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:50 pm 

Thanks DIDHOT. I am very much looking forward to reading his replies.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]