It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Andrew Birkin Update
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:43 am 

Just to let you all know -- I sent our questions to Mr. Birkin yesterday and I received a reply from him this morning. He thanked us for our "really interesting and thoughtful questions" and promised to get back with us soon. He wants to take some time to "answer them in depth". (Yes, only one "p" in depth. ;-)

We will let you know as soon as the answers come in. Thanks to everyone who submitted questions! You all are the greatest. :bounce:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:17 am 

Thanks for letting us know how this is progressing. I think we should feel very honored that Mr Birkin is willing to take part in these discussions. Thanks for all you do, DITHOT! Contacting Birkin was a flash of brilliance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:22 pm 

Not sure about the brilliance part there, Nebraska but if you could convince my kids of my brilliance I would be eternally grateful! :grin: I am really excited about this opportunity to have Mr. Birkin participate. I think we will gain some wonderful insights. Especially after the great questions that everyone submitted. :cool:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:28 pm 

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:
Not sure about the brilliance part there, Nebraska but if you could convince my kids of my brilliance I would be eternally grateful! :grin: I am really excited about this opportunity to have Mr. Birkin participate. I think we will gain some wonderful insights. Especially after the great questions that everyone submitted. :cool:

I sort of missed this whole thing happening (sorry - I can be awfully dense sometimes!) Is there a list of all the questions that were sent to Mr. Birkin??

Post subject: Linda B.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:43 pm 

I just received his response this morning confirming that he had received the questions. We sent 13 total and will certainly post them when we receive his answers! I can't wait! :bounce:

Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:45 pm 

Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson
Thanks DITHOT and Liz. I agree with nebraska's comment on the brillance part! This is like the real Oprah book club where the author participates. I'm really looking forward to having him respond. I am also a little curious as to the questions that were sent. Would it be too much to have them posted w/o his responses? I have no 'delay of gratification' and can't wait. :bounce: I feel I missed an opportunity by not having my :censored: together enough to get a question to him, oh well. I wait anxiously for his responses!

In the mean time, I think we have had some good ones of our own here!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]