On The Road Radio 4 Celebration

Moderator: Liz

suec

On The Road Radio 4 Celebration

Unread postby suec » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:13 am

BBC Radio 4 is broadcasting a 30 minute programme:

On the 50th anniversary of the publication of Jack Kerouac's On the Road, comedian and cultural critic Greg Proops celebrates that great road-trip novel by taking a jazz-infused drive through America from the 50s to the present. He talks to Gore Vidal and Lawrence Ferlinghetti, the founder of the Beat Movement, as well as some of the people who sat in the back of that 1948 Hudson and played a large part in Kerouac's life.

It can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/atoz/ under O.
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

Moonlight

Unread postby Moonlight » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:29 am

Thank you suec! :cool:

Unfortunately I don't have BBC Radio here of course... :bawl:
I would love to tune in this!

EDIt: But isn't there the facility of listening to it on the web? something like, say "web-radio" ?
"Johnny Depp really is a cutie." - Satchel, lead guitarist in Steel Panther :heart:

Endora

Unread postby Endora » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:24 am

Moonlight wrote:Thank you suec! :cool:

Unfortunately I don't have BBC Radio here of course... :bawl:
I would love to tune in this!

EDIt: But isn't there the facility of listening to it on the web? something like, say "web-radio" ?

moonlight, if you go to the link Suec posted you'll see under On the Road "listen" which will allow you to listen with realplayer
Work hard, learn well, and make peace with the fact that you'll never be as cool as Johnny Depp. GQ.

Solace in the flood

Moonlight

Unread postby Moonlight » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:26 am

ah yeah now I see.
Thank you Endora!
"Johnny Depp really is a cutie." - Satchel, lead guitarist in Steel Panther :heart:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:42 pm

Thank you, suec. :cool: Do those links stay good for quite a while? I'd like to listen but don't have time for a few days.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:52 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Thank you, suec. :cool: Do those links stay good for quite a while? I'd like to listen but don't have time for a few days.

Me neither. And I'm supposed to be cleaning house right now in preparation for company. :-/ Thanks for the link, Suec. :cool:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

suec

Unread postby suec » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:21 pm

I don't know how long the link lasts. My guess would be to the end of the week, but that is just a guess. I must admit I haven't heard it yet myself due to a few -er technical problems - you know me and ICT. But I am going to try to catch it on another PC later this week. So I sure hope the link is there a while!
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

Return to “Kerouac and The Beats”