The Beat Tour Ends at the Museum

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

The Beat Tour Ends at the Museum

Unread postby Liz » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:24 pm

Our last stop on the Depp Diva Beat Tour was the newly formed Beat Museum at 1345 Grant Ave. in North Beach. http://www.thebeatmuseum.org/ The museum opened on Friday, January 13 -- the weekend prior to the scroll’s appearance at the library. It was displayed that weekend at the museum first, then moved to the library a couple of days later. Unfortunately, none of my good buddies informed me of a JD pic inside the place. I must have been taking pics of the façade when they noticed the pic. (Who the heck cares about the façade when a Johnny pic is to be seen?)

Apparently his pic was there because of his interest in the Beats. It was on the far left wall as you are facing the museum.

They were celebrating Jack’s birthday Sunday night. But unfortunately, we all had to leave prior to that. Some of us were seriously considering canceling flights to hear John Cassady speak.

You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:47 pm

Wow :cool: ..Crammed full of goodies..Did you buy any mementoes?
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:52 pm

I bought a really cool book--The Portable Jack Kerouac--which is a book of excerpts from his books, poems he's written, letters, thoughts on Buddhism, etc. I also found a really cool dangly--a keychain of a book with his name on it and one of his quotes from OTR on the back.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

kristen

Unread postby kristen » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:15 am

Wow, great photos! I love the pictures from the inside, and that sounds like a beautiful keychain! I hope to get out to San Fran. someday - so glad you guys did and can share it with us!! :goodvibes:

Return to “Kerouac and The Beats”