Jack Kerouac - Major News on His Estate

Moderator: Liz

nebraska

Re: Jack Kerouac - Major News on His Estate

Unread postby nebraska » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:06 am

Liz wrote:I will take advantage of this opportune moment to tell you that we will begin to post the Q&A with William Helmer tomorrow morning. Keep a sharp eye....

I cannot wait for this!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very excited to read his responses.

treasurechest

Unread postby treasurechest » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:23 am

Liz wrote:It's beyond my comprehension. :-) Must be nice to have that kind of money.

Too right! That must be some raincoat! :lol:
There's only one thing wrong with the younger generation....a lot of us don't belong to it anymore!

johnnybloom

Unread postby johnnybloom » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Thanks for that itemized list, FanJD.
I was thinking this over and reached far back into my mind and your list jogged my memory of reading this before..you know the old age brain farts....
I agree Kerouac's items would be best placed in a museum for all to admire..BUT..knowing Johnny has those few items I feel they are in safe hands and will never be abused..as we have heard Johnny's collections may be a museum of it's own kind.
~3~
"Three is a sort of special number for me. It's a very creative number.
Triangle, trinity-you know, how two people make another person.
Three is a MYSTICAL, MAGICAL number."
~~ Johnny Depp~~

California Kat

Unread postby California Kat » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:01 pm

nebraska wrote:
johnnybloom wrote:
Liz wrote:It's beyond my comprehension. :-) Must be nice to have that kind of money.

You said it sister... :grin:

I keep forgetting that Johnny Depp is a mutlimillionaire. He wears jeans with holes in the knees and old work boots and he treats his fans as though they were the most valuable asset he has (in effect, he says so). I sometimes think that if all that wealth was gone tomorrow and he was selling pens again, he would still be the same person with the same values and he would be content. Perhaps that is just my dream, but that is what I believe about the man.

nebraska, I totally agree with you. That's just one of the many reasons I adore Johnny. :heart:

audamay

Unread postby audamay » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:23 pm

I sometimes think that if all that wealth was gone tomorrow and he was selling pens again, he would still be the same person with the same values and he would be content. Perhaps that is just my dream, but that is what I believe about the man.

I totally agree with you on this and to quote him when he once said "that all the money he has earned has only meant that his privacy costs more"

Boy has he earned that privacy :cool:
Dreams do come true -
29 June 2009 - 25 February 2010 - 12 May 2011 - then sealed with a kiss on 3 November 2011 then May 9th 2012

Quote "" you mean our grandchildren"

:paint: My Art Gallery

DeboraZane

Unread postby DeboraZane » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:45 pm

I agree with all of your comments. He has certainly earned some privacy and he has such an overwhelming regard for his admirers. He is humble, gracious, sincere, loyal, generous and that's why I adore him so much :heart: :smiliewithhearts:
It's man devouring man my dear..then who are we to deny it in here?

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:31 pm

That is very interesting news on Kerouac's estate. It is sad that all the people involved are not around to see the outcome. It is strange to think of life's twists where someone's estate can end up in the hands of in-laws (or outlaws) while direct lineage is left out. It does seem that Kerouac wanted it to go to his mother but I am sure he didn't think what would happen to his manuscripts after her death. I hope that what is left ends up in a museum where his future fans may be able to appreciate them over the years and that his surviving nephew gets something after all these years.
. .
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

RamblinRebel

Unread postby RamblinRebel » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:51 pm

WOW! Wow! wow. That’s about all I can say... So, how in the world would they go about determining rightful owners at this point in the game? I think I’m more concerned than ever about the safety of those precious manuscripts and notes!!! Seems like an opportune moment for key items to disappear, before they are seized by the courts. :-O :bawl:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:23 pm

RamblinRebel wrote:WOW! Wow! wow. That’s about all I can say... So, how in the world would they go about determining rightful owners at this point in the game? I think I’m more concerned than ever about the safety of those precious manuscripts and notes!!! Seems like an opportune moment for key items to disappear, before they are seized by the courts. :-O :bawl:

I was wondering about that myself. I think I need to keep on top of this story.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:01 pm

The OTR scroll has been OTR for sometime now and as far as I know has finished up a tour of the country and is in the hands of someone who appreciates what they have. The hope would be that the Kerouac memorabilia ends up with people who appreciate it and aren't just trying to make a buck off it. I think we can put Johnny in that category! :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

johnnybloom

Unread postby johnnybloom » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:07 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote: I think we can put Johnny in that category! :cool:

Pretty much towards the top of that list, DiTHoT....I agree!
~3~

"Three is a sort of special number for me. It's a very creative number.

Triangle, trinity-you know, how two people make another person.

Three is a MYSTICAL, MAGICAL number."

~~ Johnny Depp~~

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:08 pm

johnnybloom wrote:
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote: I think we can put Johnny in that category! :cool:

Pretty much towards the top of that list, DiTHoT....I agree!

:cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Kerouac and The Beats”