Monday Night Thread ~ Desiderata and AWE!

Moderator: Liz

Heather_Hanson

Unread postby Heather_Hanson » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:25 pm

Liz wrote:
Heather_Hanson wrote:
Liz wrote:
Heather_Hanson wrote:even the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story.

This reminds me a little bit of Raggetti even though he really isn't dull or ignorant. We knew him as a pirate, and Pintel's friend, but we really didn't know him. He told us some part of him in AWE when he whispered to Calypso. :capnjack:

I guess he was a hopeless romantic. :cloud9:

Aww that cute. Raggetti longing to be with Calypso. :capnjack: :cloud9:

I wonder if he was thinking of someone else from his past. That scene made us all realize that there was more to him than meets the eye (being just a pirate).

Very true Liz. You could be on a path to that. I bet there is something linking him into being a pirate, and I still wonder how and when did his right eye beecome the wy it did.
"This is the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow!" - CJS
"Fuhgetaboutit." - Donnie Brasco

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:34 pm

Heather_Hanson wrote:
Liz wrote:
Heather_Hanson wrote:
Liz wrote:

This reminds me a little bit of Raggetti even though he really isn't dull or ignorant. We knew him as a pirate, and Pintel's friend, but we really didn't know him. He told us some part of him in AWE when he whispered to Calypso. :capnjack:

I wonder if he was thinking of someone else from his past. That scene made us all realize that there was more to him than meets the eye (being just a pirate).

Very true Liz. You could be on a path to that. I bet there is something linking him into being a pirate, and I still wonder how and when did his right eye beecome the wy it did.

Yeah, me too. His story is begging to be written.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Heather_Hanson

Unread postby Heather_Hanson » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:35 pm

Liz wrote:
Heather_Hanson wrote:
Liz wrote:
Heather_Hanson wrote:
Liz wrote:

Yeah, me too. His story is begging to be written.

Yes, I would definitley want to read about or watch more of Raggetti's tales.

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:51 pm

Even the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story...........
This makes me think of the hanging scene at AWEs opening. This is about the rights of the down trodden being trampled. They list the removal of their rights as they are hanged to bring the point home.

As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. They were peaceful until they decided not to surrender by singing the song of the brethern court. Speak your truth quietly and clearly. or sing it.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Heather_Hanson

Unread postby Heather_Hanson » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:56 pm

gemini wrote:Even the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story...........
This makes me think of the hanging scene at AWEs opening. This is about the rights of the down trodden being trampled. They list the removal of their rights as they are hanged to bring the point home.

As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. They were peaceful until they decided not to surrender by singing the song of the brethern court. Speak your truth quietly and clearly. or sing it.

Gemini,
I like your thinking. :cool: :capnjack:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:57 pm

gemini wrote:Even the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story...........

Yet another good catch!

Methinks there is more to this movie than meets the eye. :-O
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Heather_Hanson

Unread postby Heather_Hanson » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:58 pm

Liz wrote:

Yet another good catch!

Mmmhmm. :capnjack: :-O

DepplySmitten

Unread postby DepplySmitten » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:56 am

Hello all you Noodlemantras! :wave:

I really don't have much to add to this, even after seeing AWE for the 3rd time today. But I do want to add that I've enjoyed reading all of your opinions. There's some very, very interesting points here!! :sherlockholmes:

Lady Jill

Unread postby Lady Jill » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:11 am

theresa wrote:Well, I'm not quite sure what you're looking for in this discussion, but hey, I'll jump in.

As far as possible without surrender
Be on good terms with all persons.

I see Captain Jack weaving his way through life trying to stay on the good side of nearly everyone he comes in contact with. Partly because he just has an easygoing nature, and partly because he's of the opinion that you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Theresa: I totally agree here about Jack. I just saw it today (POC- WE) and really feel Jack had more going for him with those lines up there than the other movies. I believe he really had an awakening down in Davy Jones' Locker. . . and it really came to the fore when he voted for Elizabeth. I love to spend the movie watching Johnny's expressions, he tells so much withour speaking!

Lady Jill
" After we're gone, the only thing that matters is the love we left behind."

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:22 am

I've just posted the thought in the discussion thread in the porch but I am wondering whether one of the lines is hidden on the map in the film or is written in the Pirate code book.

Although I also see what everyone else is seeing here with regard to it. Maybe someone should ask T & T on their site

bluebird

Unread postby bluebird » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:50 pm

Liz wrote:Yet another good catch!

I agree, Liz. There are so many stories. Would love to hear Gibbs tell them!

I've been a bit MIA again, but will be around for TBIMG...and am looking forward to reading all the threads about AWE and Desiderata... Great idea, Charlene!!

bluebird
The edge … there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. HST

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:17 am

Hi, bluebird! It's good to see you back and we're glad you will be joining us for the new discussion! :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

stroch

Unread postby stroch » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:19 am

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste;
and remember what peace there may be in silence"

Really, I first thought of Beckett, gliding through the destruction of his ship, in it but not of it.

This is creepy (warning to the squeamish), but it reminded me of the resignation you see when an animal is being eaten by another.

On a happier note, I thought of Jack when he simply says "Fire" in the midst of battle, with everyone else running around and screaming. His focus is on what is needed, and his course is set.
I'll buy you the hat....a really big one.
St. Roch -- patron saint of pilgrims

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:19 am

stroch, I think Jack's ability to "go placidly amid the noise and haste" is one of this trademarks. :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Moonlight

Unread postby Moonlight » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:22 am

How beautiful. Love it gemini! :cloud9:
"Johnny Depp really is a cutie." - Satchel, lead guitarist in Steel Panther :heart:

Return to “The Monday Night Thread”