ONBC Monday Night Thread

Moderator: Liz

luvdepp

Unread postby luvdepp » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:26 pm

Great pirate pics! And congrats to the contest winners! My DH went to a Halloween party the Saturday before Halloween dressed as a pirate. Not exactly Capt. Jack, but he was cute! I would have gone as one too, but I was home sick that night. I don't think I had even one pirate trick-or-treater on Halloween, but it was a very slow night. Any pirate would definately have gotten some extra candy!

Great aliterations tonight and suec, yours is amazing! My brain doesn't work like that, but I sure do enjoy reading all of yours!
"So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself, who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on the shore and merely existed." ~HST~

LilMissy

Unread postby LilMissy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:57 pm

I loved Liz and ThatGirls Halloween pictures!

I used to be able to be creative with my 2 sons at Halloween. Now that they are ages 21 and 13, my ideas are not accepted. Knowing that both of them are JD fans, I tried the pirate idea. My 21 year old went to a party and I suggested a bandana and dregs in his beard. He laughed at me. I tried a similar approach with my 13 year old and he laughed at me too. Oh well!
I tried!!! They just don't "get it"!

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:23 pm

Welcome to ONBC, LilMissy! :welcome: I know what you mean about boys of a certain age and suggestions from mom. :lol:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

nila_admiresmr.depp

My Halloween

Unread postby nila_admiresmr.depp » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:53 am

Well, my brothers and I decided to have some fun with it this year. My younger brother got to be Jack and my middle brother was going for a Gibbs look. I was just a tavern wench. We really did make the wig and put the beads together (making dread locks is no fun :) But I think it turned out ok. The costume pieces we scavanged for and are always in search of upgrades, making it look a little more right. Hope you enjoy the pics.
"With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be; otherwise, it's just not acting. It's lying."

Endora

Unread postby Endora » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:05 pm

The alliteration topic, about ST:

Soft against the skin, the slipperiness of the soap. Sleek steel, stropped sharp, smoothes, subtle, shadowlike. Silvery blade slips and slides, shaving close as a stolen kiss, a salacious secret shared.

Silence, seconds sound.

Slick and speedy, slicing open, steam of senses lost.

Scarlet stains the sopping surrounding sheets. Shreiks. Shuddered shouts, stammering softer with spreading sanguinity.

Silence seeps, now soundless.
Work hard, learn well, and make peace with the fact that you'll never be as cool as Johnny Depp. GQ.

Solace in the flood

es

Unread postby es » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:15 pm

Liz wrote:WE HAVE A WINNER!......... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Actually 3 winners :-O

for the ONBC Birthday drawing.......

First Prize: Rustyred

Second Prize: Glendaleigh

Third Prize: Parlez

We will PM you to discuss how to get your prize to you.

Congratulations, Divas! :toastingpirates:

And a big thanks to my daughter, a Noodlemantra in the making, for drawing the names out of the bag.

sorry to be soo late but congrats RR,Glendaleigh and Parlez.
greets,
es
who laughs the last didnt got the joke,
freek&sjaak

suec

Unread postby suec » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:33 pm

Wow, Endora, that is lovely!

These photos look great fun. I am starting to think about who I can get to dress up with me for a do! Just got to be done sometime... seem to remember my nephew asking me to play pirates with him... that might work.
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:47 pm

nila (etc) what incredible photos!!!!! :bounce: I have a whole year to think about all of this, maybe next year I can find a way to celebrate in costume. Your Gibbs brother looks good and Jack.....well, what can I say. And then there is the wench. You all did a great job!

One of my co-workers won two costume contests as a piece of bubble gum stuck on the bottom of someone's shoe. Seriously, she looked great! (she had a shoe perched on top of her head and she was done up all in pink, including her hair) But I do admire the pirate look.

Sue C and Endora..... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: words escape me (0bviously, or I would be doing alliteration myself).

Return to “The Monday Night Thread”