What a great idea to bring back the "list" topic.
I love making lists!
Favorite Johnny Lines
(It was too difficult for me to narrow my favorite Johnny lines down to just five (I think the closest I came to was 25!
), so here are the movies of his that have some of my favorite lines of his in them:
1. POTC (most of my favorite Johnny lines are from these films)
2. CATCF (I find myself quoting this movie more than any other Johnny film)
3. Cry-Baby (hilarious dialogue
4. Ed Wood (this film has some great one-liners!)
5. The Libertine (some of the most beautiful dialogue I have ever heard Johnny speak in a film...almost every line has a poetic quality to it).
Favorite Johnny Looks
1. 1999 Sleepy Hollow promotion look (LOVE the hair!
2. 1992/1993 “Sam” look (What’s Eating Gilbert Grape and Benny & Joon are some of the first Johnny films I had ever seen, so this look will always be special to me
3. Current look (Nice tan, he has never looked happier…and if/when he cuts his hair, I’ll cry!
4. Toronto 2005 look (loved the hair, glasses (:fear:), outfits, body
5. Mort look (because it was the way Johnny looked like when I saw him on TV for the first time in 2003
Favorite Johnny Roles
(I cheated quite a bit on this one, but I just couldn’t narrow it down to 5!
1. Captain Jack Sparrow (favorite movie character of all-time)
2. Gilbert Grape (WEGG was the first Johnny movie I ever saw, so I'll always have a soft spot for Gilbert).
3. Sam (funny, sweet and adorable)
4. John Wilmot (IMO, this is Johnny's best performance, and it should have him an Oscar).
5. All of his Tim Burton roles (Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, Ichabod Crane, Willy Wonka) (Johnny + Tim Burton=magic)
Favorite Johnny Books
1. A Long Way Down (enjoyed the characters and the humor)
2. Shantaram (great story and characterization)
3. Sweeney Todd (haven't read the play yet, but have been doing a lot of background research on ST and have found it all to be very
4. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (favorite book as a kid)
(don’t have a 5th choice)
Favorite Johnny Accessories
1. Children’s Hospice bracelet (I bought one too and wear it everyday)
2. Lily-Rose's heart-bead bracelet/Jack's cloth bracelet (so cute that he wears these!
3. Skull rings (have been trying to find some similar to his)
4. Belt-loop beads (I like to see all of the various trinkets he collects)
5. Tattoos (don't know if these count or not, but I think they look great on him!)