ONBC MONDAY NIGHT THREAD - 5 Lists of 5 Again

Moderator: Liz

Lucky13

Unread postby Lucky13 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:16 pm

Spencer was a definite turn on, Nebraska. He was almost wicked. The accent didn't bother me, I didn't particularly like the blond hair. Johnny's chocolate brown hair is so :thud: but they sure made a gorgeous couple, didn't they?
~ Yah, I wanna take that ride with you!

I'd rather have a moment of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special. April 7, 2008

Texas Gal

Unread postby Texas Gal » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:20 pm

nebraska wrote:
Liz wrote:
Texas Gal wrote: 5. Spencer Armacost - I know this seems to be one of the least popular roles, but for some reason I watch it more often than some of the others. Maybe it's the morph into "Evil Johnny" with that attitude and those facial expressions - it's a different kind of "bad boy" attraction, I guess.

Could it have anything to do with those 2 minutes? If I had asked for 5 favorite scenes, that one would be one of mine.

nickidepphead, I think Shantaram is equal to 4 really good books.

I presume those "2 minutes" are the "against the wall" scene??? After the love scene on the mountain in The Brave, this has to be the absolute tops! Followed by the stair scene in Donnie Brasco.

And yes, a different kind of bad boy, when Spencer gets that "look" in his eyes, he makes my blood run cold.....or is that hot? There was something about seeing Johnny turn so purely evil that really was......a turn on? :blush: I know Spencer isn't everyone's cup of tea, and I had some problems with the accent, but I completely understand what you are saying.

Oh Yeah - that's the 2 minutes all right! Haven't seen The Brave - but the stairs :highfive:
"We forget what a gift every single breath is." Johnny on ITAS

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:22 pm

Texas Gal wrote:
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Thanks for keeping the thread going everyone! You guys are good at this, I on the other hand am not! Texas Gal, today's choices,eh? That's my problem too! Maybe its just a Texas thang? :lol:

Could be, pardner :eyebrow: . This differs from the list I developed in my head on the plane, so I decided I should add a disclaimer in case people thought I really had my mind made up all the time!

Texas Gal, I'm a little concerned here that people seem to be bothered by Spencer's accent...Did you think he even had an accent? :perplexed:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Texas Gal

Unread postby Texas Gal » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:07 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:
Texas Gal wrote:
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Thanks for keeping the thread going everyone! You guys are good at this, I on the other hand am not! Texas Gal, today's choices,eh? That's my problem too! Maybe its just a Texas thang? :lol:

Could be, pardner :eyebrow: . This differs from the list I developed in my head on the plane, so I decided I should add a disclaimer in case people thought I really had my mind made up all the time!

Texas Gal, I'm a little concerned here that people seem to be bothered by Spencer's accent...Did you think he even had an accent? :perplexed:

I've actually been wondering the same thing. I don't know, I guess some people just hear things kinda funny. I personally didn't notice anything.
"We forget what a gift every single breath is." Johnny on ITAS

Amaranth

Unread postby Amaranth » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:32 am

I didn't notice an accent with Spencer :dunce: I watched the movie for the first time a few days ago, and I expected to be disappointed since it's not exactly widely praised even by other Johnny fans, but I loved it!

nickidepphead

Unread postby nickidepphead » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:24 am

Texas Gal wrote:
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:
Texas Gal wrote:

I've actually been wondering the same thing. I don't know, I guess some people just hear things kinda funny. I personally didn't notice anything.

Oh yeah, he definitely has a different accent! Not being American myself, it's hard to describe, but it's much more kind of harsh and drawlish (if that's even a word!), than his usual voice. I can't say it bothers me though, since it fits perfectly with the character. OH that wall scene though...! :-O :thud:
* So...directly from the beautiful lips of Johnny Depp - THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Johnny Depp Zone! *

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:53 am

Spencer's accent didn't sound genuine to me, maybe I just don't know enough Southern men, or men from the right part of the south.......but for someone who is a master at all sorts of voices and accents, I thought Johnny dropped the ball on this one......that was what bothered me.

Return to “The Monday Night Thread”