ONBC MONDAY NIGHT THREAD - 5 Lists of 5 Again

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:22 pm

Lucky13 wrote:Silly me, what was I thinking !! Perhaps if I hadn't seen DMC 13 times, I would have more time to catch up on my reading. :reader:

But he's such a sexy :capnjack: .... the danglies, the tan... the :drool: .. I was just "doing my part" !

Favorite Accessories:

1. "Today is a Gift" bracelet .
2. "Remants of Jack" (danglies, gold teeth, eyeliner).
3. "Bracelets" from his children.
4. Hat collection.
5. His jeans.

Lucky13 we will forgive you! We know how distracting the captain can be! :capnjack:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Lucky13

Unread postby Lucky13 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:30 pm

Muchos gracias, DITHOT.... I am eternally grateful !!
~ Yah, I wanna take that ride with you!

I'd rather have a moment of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special. April 7, 2008

Gypsylee

Unread postby Gypsylee » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:24 am

Lucky13 wrote:This is bloody awful to narrow down......

Favorite Lines:

1. PIRATE ! :thud:
2. Just believe.
3. I'm undone.
4. Persuade me..........
5. Ladies... I am up for it at all times.

Favorite Books:

1. Shantaram
2. Chocolat

Now I was wondering, since I've only read two books :blush:
may I use my remaining three entires for additional "Favorite Lines" ..... :lol: ..... maybe :-? .... pleeaasseeeee ????

Okay, okay..... I know ...... get reading !!!!

I like your favorite lines! I totally forgot about #3, #4 and #5. I must be tired...........

Doesn't reading Shantaram count as 3 books?
"In the time of your life, live....so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it." Saroyan

Amaranth

Unread postby Amaranth » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:02 am

Favourite Johnny Lines :disco: Currently.

1. "You're a good man Mr Rainey" "You too Mrs Garvey." :grin:
2. "Quick... like a bunny! Hop. Hop!"
3. "A strong scene. An eminently playable scene and though I say it myself a climactic one."
4. "I had not envisaged you to be so encumbered. I feel the scene should be given, in the flesh..." oooo that look he gives makes my legs turn to jelly!
5. "Sprinkles? Really?"

Lucky13

Unread postby Lucky13 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:58 am

Shantaram was like 3 books, Gypsylee... all 935 pages ... okay
933. I didn't read the Acknowledgements. :lol:
~ Yah, I wanna take that ride with you!

I'd rather have a moment of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special. April 7, 2008

Texas Gal

Unread postby Texas Gal » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:55 am

Alright, I've had about 8 hours on planes over the last few days, some of which I spent with my eyes closed - not sleeping, but meditating on these lists! (And it was a wonderful way to pass the time, I might add!). So I'll try another list before I call it a night:

5 favorite lines:

1. "If you were waiting for the opportune moment -- that was it." This is the first line when the JCOCD started where I grabbed the remote and thought "I need to listen to that again.". Liked the line and the delivery.
2. "What?!" - all inflections, all situations, all accents.
3. "Because, well, you know, it seems to me that, other than being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal" That may not be word for word, it's been a little while since I've seen B&J.
4. "I might've" - when asked by Karsh if he had done something to anger Ted.
5. During the Inside the Actors Studio interview when asked by James Lipton - to be in love and in Paris must be a blessing - Johnny answered "Equals baby, yeah" with that oh so cute smile.

Now if this category is only supposed to be character lines then switch #5 to "Okey dokie, then".

Okay, out of the 1,000 lines I love, that's my five.
"We forget what a gift every single breath is." Johnny on ITAS

Texas Gal

Unread postby Texas Gal » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:09 am

And one more list - favorite roles:

1. Captain Jack - probably for obvious reasons.
2. Don Juan deMarco - for making life be what he chooses for it to be, regardless of how it really is.
3. Gilbert Grape - for the transition from "locked in" to real expression of feelings.
4. Roux - just plain HOT.
5. Spencer Armacost - I know this seems to be one of the least popular roles, but for some reason I watch it more often than some of the others. Maybe it's the morph into "Evil Johnny" with that attitude and those facial expressions - it's a different kind of "bad boy" attraction, I guess.

nickidepphead

Unread postby nickidepphead » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:55 am

Favourite books:

1. A Long Way Down - an easy but excellent read. Very funny and insightful, I can totally see why Johnny would want to make the film!

2. Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas - just totally nuts, really...

3, 4 & 5. Shantaram (Is that cheating? It IS rather long... Although, I had the book for six weeks from the library and still couldn't get to finish it as it was the summer hols, kids off school, blah blah... I will get it out again one day and read all of it, I promise!) :lol:
* So...directly from the beautiful lips of Johnny Depp - THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Johnny Depp Zone! *

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:19 am

Texas Gal wrote: 5. Spencer Armacost - I know this seems to be one of the least popular roles, but for some reason I watch it more often than some of the others. Maybe it's the morph into "Evil Johnny" with that attitude and those facial expressions - it's a different kind of "bad boy" attraction, I guess.

Could it have anything to do with those 2 minutes? If I had asked for 5 favorite scenes, that one would be one of mine.

nickidepphead, I think Shantaram is equal to 4 really good books.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Texas Gal

Unread postby Texas Gal » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:29 pm

Liz wrote:
Texas Gal wrote: 5. Spencer Armacost - I know this seems to be one of the least popular roles, but for some reason I watch it more often than some of the others. Maybe it's the morph into "Evil Johnny" with that attitude and those facial expressions - it's a different kind of "bad boy" attraction, I guess.

Could it have anything to do with those 2 minutes? If I had asked for 5 favorite scenes, that one would be one of mine.

Well, I suppose that is a distinct possibility! :blush: I have about worn out the DVD!

Johnny's_Angel_Light

Unread postby Johnny's_Angel_Light » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:47 pm

Favorite Johnny Lines

1. Bummer Ted. - Secret Window
2. Dance with me. - Finding Neverland
3. You look somewhat familiar, have I threatend you before? - POTC
4. Ew somebody grab him! - CATCF
5. Because. - Sleepy Hollow

Favorite Johnny Looks

1. Comfortable, jeans, t-shirts etc etc.
2. Hippy, scarves, chains, loads of necklaces etc.
3. Classy, dress pants & shirts, though not with a tie!
4. - Tie included ( :lol: )
5. Just Johnny! - Everything combined into one... Even though he probably has never done that... I bet he's thought about it. :eyebrow:

Favorite Johnny Roles

1. Mort Rainey
2. Gilbert Grape
3. Sam
4. Duke
5. Captain Jack

Favorite Johnny Books

1. The Divingbell and the Butterfly. - It was my first Johnny book, and a brilliant one at that. I loved it.
2. Shantaram. - Still haven't finished it, so I'm taking a break.
3. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. - Brilliant.
4. A long way down. - It is tied with Shantaram for #2 but, this one was really good. I love reading multipul charactor point of veiw.
5. The Peoples Act of Love. - Haven't finished it, but the first chapter is good!

Favorite Johnny Accessories

1. Would his whole aura count? :lol: If not than number one will be his many charms and trinkets.
2. What his kids give him, bracelets etc.
3. His many rings, I love rings allot myself and wear many.
4. His leather cuff, I've always wanted one.
5. His hats.

Texas Gal

Unread postby Texas Gal » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:57 pm

Favorite looks - hard to decide, but here are today's choices:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m185/TexasGal_07/Just%20Pics/favoritelooks.jpg

1. Cannes 1998
2. 2004 Oscars
3. OUATIM Premiere
4. Rolling Stone magazine
5. I'm not sure about the 5th one as far as time, photographer, etc. I'm still trying to learn dates and stuff with all these pics I've been adding to my collection.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:41 pm

Thanks for keeping the thread going everyone! You guys are good at this, I on the other hand am not! Texas Gal, today's choices,eh? That's my problem too! Maybe its just a Texas thang? :lol:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:26 pm

Liz wrote:

I presume those "2 minutes" are the "against the wall" scene??? After the love scene on the mountain in The Brave, this has to be the absolute tops! Followed by the stair scene in Donnie Brasco.

And yes, a different kind of bad boy, when Spencer gets that "look" in his eyes, he makes my blood run cold.....or is that hot? There was something about seeing Johnny turn so purely evil that really was......a turn on? :blush: I know Spencer isn't everyone's cup of tea, and I had some problems with the accent, but I completely understand what you are saying.

Texas Gal

Unread postby Texas Gal » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:15 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Thanks for keeping the thread going everyone! You guys are good at this, I on the other hand am not! Texas Gal, today's choices,eh? That's my problem too! Maybe its just a Texas thang? :lol:

Could be, pardner :eyebrow: . This differs from the list I developed in my head on the plane, so I decided I should add a disclaimer in case people thought I really had my mind made up all the time!

Return to “The Monday Night Thread”