Monday Night Thread ~ You're the Boss!

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:58 am

nebraska wrote: I have started reading Sweeney Todd. I can't imagine how anyone ever made a musical out of this! I am a bit dismayed, but I do think two men with the vision of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp will make someting spectacular of it. Personally, I would have prefered a straight drama/horror movie true to the original story. It just seems like there might have been better choices out there.

Nebraska, glad you could join us as the thread goes on...

I have to laugh when I read your comment here about imagining ST as a musical. I just finished the book and am wondering the same thing. But sometime this week I'll be watching the musical to compare the two. It should be interesting.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:01 am

farawayeyes wrote:I vote for Shantaram, for its interesting plot:

"Based on the life story of author Gregory David Roberts, a heroin addict incarcerated for a robbery escapes prison and reinvents himself as a doctor in the slums of Bombay. His ties to the crime underworld there lead him to Afghanistan, where he partners with a mob boss locked in a battle with Russian criminals." (from imdb.com)

Farawayeyes, :welcome: to ONBC. Shantaram certainly has an interesting plot--even more so because it is based on Greg's life.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:07 pm

I'd have to vote for Shantaram. Am I allowed to tell him that it's so lengthy and covers so much that it needs to be a three film trilogy? (Or should he just cut out all the gun-running in Afghanistan part . . . :eyebrow: )

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:09 pm

fansmom wrote:I'd have to vote for Shantaram. Am I allowed to tell him that it's so lengthy and covers so much that it needs to be a three film trilogy? (Or should he just cut out all the gun-running in Afghanistan part . . . :eyebrow: )

:lol: I say keep the Afghanistan section to a minimum.

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:17 pm

Ooooh, oooh, am I allowed to say I'd like to see him slouching around the house in his pajamas, calling his mom, watching paint dry, etc.? All Johnny for a couple of hours? :lol:

ibbi 3

Unread postby ibbi 3 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:22 pm

fansmom wrote:Ooooh, oooh, am I allowed to say I'd like to see him slouching around the house in his pajamas, calling his mom, watching paint dry, etc.? All Johnny for a couple of hours? :lol:

That has my vote ! :thumbsup: :goodvibes:
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

Kittycat88

Unread postby Kittycat88 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:01 pm

ibbi 3 wrote:
fansmom wrote:Ooooh, oooh, am I allowed to say I'd like to see him slouching around the house in his pajamas, calling his mom, watching paint dry, etc.? All Johnny for a couple of hours? :lol:

That has my vote ! :thumbsup: :goodvibes:

My vote too. Like to see him making the coffee, scrambling some eggs, toast for the kiddies, smoochies for Van, checking out the M/A thread at the Zone. A game of pirates or dress up, some shopping, falling asleep in front of the tube...just a nice normal day at the Depps.

BElieve me if they could get him to do a reality show just for a week, it would out sell advertising for 50 superbowls...
I have finally found a way to live just like I never could before.
I have finally found a way to live in the presence of the lord ~ E. Clapton

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:58 pm

fansmom wrote:I'd have to vote for Shantaram. Am I allowed to tell him that it's so lengthy and covers so much that it needs to be a three film trilogy? (Or should he just cut out all the gun-running in Afghanistan part . . . :eyebrow: )

that is part of it that I think could be cut out or at least changed but there is a key part before he goes that he has a conversation with Carla after he is sick. Im not sure of it exactly right now what it was about. I need my book back. I loaned it out. :banghead:
Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

Return to “The Monday Night Thread”