The Monday Night Thread is Back!

Moderator: Liz

Johnny Fan

Unread postby Johnny Fan » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:29 am

Liz wrote:Johnny Fanatic, glad you weighed in here. I sure wish we could have hooked up at the premiere. :-/ Hopefully, next time. :hope: I would really LOVE to see your pics from the premiere, the ride, etc.

Hi, Liz! I really wish I could have met you at the DMC premiere too, along with some other Zoners. I tried to find you guys there, but no luck. There were just too many people! :-/

I will definitely share my pictures as soon as I finish uploading them to my computer. I'll let you know when I have that done (it should hopefully be sometime in the next couple of weeks). :cool:
"Breath. We tend not to think much about it. Each one is a blessing--every inhale, every exhale." -Johnny Depp

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:04 am

Hi Guys :disco: ..I am so out of the loop :-O ..I have my head stuck in Pirates at the moment,so I need to start getting some perspective :capnjack: ..I haven't even read GO again..I read it ages ago but can't remember it :dunce: ...It's actually cold here at the moment..but it's a beautiful time of year :cloud9:..Some of you are having amazing holdays and I hope those that are hurt and not feeling the best,are better soon :angel: ..I'm reading the Nick Tosches book..''King of the Jews'',which is quite unlike anything I've read before..much more readable than some of Tosches's other books..really fascinating....What is your next book after GO,guys?..Hopefully I'll be able to tear myself away from a pair of black-kohl eyes,by then :capnjack: ..Be well.... :cloud9:
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:00 am

Gilly, I think we are all a little obsessed with Pirates right now. And DITHOT and I have not yet determined what our next selection will be. We will let you know when we decide--hopefully soon.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

ibbi 3

Unread postby ibbi 3 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:27 am

San wrote:
Liz wrote:
fansmom wrote:Ok, I'm curious. What's a heat wave for you?

The temperature here is 96 F, but it feels like 104 because of the humidity. That's 36 and 40 in Celcius. Glad the air conditioning is working!

It's 96 here right now, too--but not humid--thank goodness. I would also like to know what a heatwave is for Ibbi.

I am not ibbi, but a heatwave in The Netherlands is in a period of 5 days temperatures of 25C (77F) and at least in those 5 days 2days with 30C+(86F)

Tomorrow morning it is called official a heatwave. Today we had
33C (91,5F) tomorrow it could be worse up till 36C (97F) :yikes:
And our houses don't have airco's :yikes:

It is the second heatwave already this summer (very rare overhere)

Thanks for answering San :cool:
I hate this weather ... :-/
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

dharma_bum

Unread postby dharma_bum » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:46 am

What a summer I've had...
I flew to NYC to accept a film award in front of about 800 people:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a337/dharma-bum/My%20Summer/Stevies.jpg

I met JD (fleetingly) and the entire cast of DMC at the Disneyland premeiere—even made the Getty Images wire services:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a337/dharma-bum/My%20Summer/2006-06-24-DMCpremiere-Jerry.jpg

Immediately lost 10 pounds after seeing both those pictures. Just got back from a sublime week in Hawaii where I probably gained back a couple of those lost pounds.

Re-read Chocolat, read Good Omens and started Saturday by Ewan McEwan. Also listened to The Kite Runner.

Saw DMC for the 3rd time yesterday. It gets better and better each time.
"You can't broom out your head. You certainly can't broom out your heart. And there's a hot wire between them, and everything shows in the eyes."
—Johnny Depp

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:09 am

congrats on the film award, so what was that for?

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:55 am

dharma_bum wrote:What a summer I've had...
I flew to NYC to accept a film award in front of about 800 people:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a337/dharma-bum/My%20Summer/Stevies.jpg

I met JD (fleetingly) and the entire cast of DMC at the Disneyland premeiere—even made the Getty Images wire services:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a337/dharma-bum/My%20Summer/2006-06-24-DMCpremiere-Jerry.jpg

Immediately lost 10 pounds after seeing both those pictures. Just got back from a sublime week in Hawaii where I probably gained back a couple of those lost pounds.

Re-read Chocolat, read Good Omens and started Saturday by Ewan McEwan. Also listened to The Kite Runner.

Saw DMC for the 3rd time yesterday. It gets better and better each time.

I'd say that is quite a summer, Dharma--and it's not over yet. Congratulations on your award. And thanks for sharing the pic.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

dharma_bum

Unread postby dharma_bum » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:53 pm

Gilbert's Girl wrote:congrats on the film award, so what was that for?

Best Documentary... the Stevie Awards honor distinction in American business, so most of the creative awards go to advertising agencies for TV commercials and print adverts. I accepted on behalf of my agency as the writer and co-producer. It's not anything you'll see in the local multiplex...
"You can't broom out your head. You certainly can't broom out your heart. And there's a hot wire between them, and everything shows in the eyes."

—Johnny Depp

Gypsylee

Unread postby Gypsylee » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:01 pm

dharma_bum wrote:
Gilbert's Girl wrote:congrats on the film award, so what was that for?

Best Documentary... the Stevie Awards honor distinction in American business, so most of the creative awards go to advertising agencies for TV commercials and print adverts. I accepted on behalf of my agency as the writer and co-producer. It's not anything you'll see in the local multiplex...

Loved the picture Db! You have had a great summer so far.

Um, I didn't read the question at the beginning of this thread. I guess I better go back and find out what we were supposed to be answering! I think I can guess that we are telling what we have done. I went to Italy.
"In the time of your life, live....so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it." Saroyan

Gypsylee

Unread postby Gypsylee » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:06 pm

Okay, I went back and read the beginning of this post and its from July 10th. So I guess I have answered it already! HA!

Oh, and I've seen DMC 3 times so far. Reading Good Omen right now.

Now I best be getting back to work..........

Oh, predicted heat wave this weekend for us.........109 for Saturday and Sunday. I think I will head out of town.
"In the time of your life, live....so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it." Saroyan

Gonzo62

Unread postby Gonzo62 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:52 pm

Hi everyone! :wave: It's been a few weeks, at least, since I've been on here.. I feel like I'm home now!

My summer is going very well, even though it's almost over. :-/ But nevermind that part. Last week I went to Nashville, TN for a conference and earned a gold medal! :bounce: My score was a 97/100. I was happy! The mall there is absolutely AMAZING! compared to the mall I go to here in Indiana. While I was there I picked up a JD poster and a JD fake license (I carry it with me!) :blush: I saw my 2nd viewing of Pirates down there and will be seeing it again at the near-by drive in tomarrow. Myself and a bunch of friends will be dressing up as pirates and will battle it out with plastic swords and all during the intermission! I'm so excited!

For my fourth of July we had a little cook out like we usually do, nothing fancy. Later that night we went out onto the porch and watch our neighbors shoot off their fireworks. Our town shoots off fireworks in August during our Summers End Festival, so we didn't have to drive anywhere to see them.

I have been reading A Series of Unfortunate Events as of late. I'm on the 11th book in the series.

Of course I've seen Pirates and it is by far the best movie I've seen all summer! It was the first midnight showing I'd ever been too. Can't wait till #3.

I've seen Pirates twice.

Gonzo
"I take life as it comes. The most important thing is the happiness you have inside of you. In head, heart and spirit." ~ Johnny Depp

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:04 pm

Gonzo62 wrote:Hi everyone! :wave: It's been a few weeks, at least, since I've been on here.. I feel like I'm home now!

My summer is going very well, even though it's almost over. :-/ But nevermind that part. Last week I went to Nashville, TN for a conference and earned a gold medal! :bounce: My score was a 97/100. I was happy! The mall there is absolutely AMAZING! compared to the mall I go to here in Indiana. While I was there I picked up a JD poster and a JD fake license (I carry it with me!) :blush: I saw my 2nd viewing of Pirates down there and will be seeing it again at the near-by drive in tomarrow. Myself and a bunch of friends will be dressing up as pirates and will battle it out with plastic swords and all during the intermission! I'm so excited!

Hi Gonzo. :wave: What was the gold medal for?

Gypsylee, I know it's confusing, but the Monday Night Thread is only going once a month right now. And this one may last that long the way it's going. :-O

Gypsylee

Unread postby Gypsylee » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:20 am

Oh, well then I am right on target then! Seems one Monday night thread is all we need for the entire summer!

I am still plugging along on Good Omen. Great book by the way!

lizbet

Unread postby lizbet » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:59 am

don't you just love being able to contribute to the Monday Night Thread on Friday - oops its actually Saturday and morning!!!

best part of the summer besides :capnjack: has been turning forty-six and thank goodness the air conditionner fairie was able to connect with my family - last summer was almost unbearable without air - instead of wrapping it my dad just installed it - meant that the gift pile was very slim (2 cards) on July 20th but at least my place is cool and the aches & pains which continually haunt my body have retreated a little (at least while I'm indoor) -

I travel in cooler weather so for a change of scenery during summer I've become 'a soccer aunt' - I love the enthusiasm of 4 year olds - go yellow!!! the 6 year olds on the other hand are starting to have stamina and they are beginning to shows signs of coordination - go red!!!

reading - are we supposed to be reading - I used to read only non-fiction during the summer and then I'd only read children's lit. - this summer I haven't read a thing :blush: (oops does standing in a store reading a POTC:DMC picture book count!?!?) I have however added SIX movies to my JD collection - these plus :capnjack: seem to have taken up my reading time and money :blush:

I am off to catch some z's so will read all about your summer adventures ladies on the other side of some hopefully sweet dreams :eyebrow: night all
trying to live in "a profound state of ignorance"

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:55 am

Hi, lizbet! Glad to hear you are staying cooler this summer. The heat has been awful all over! I love little kids and soccer. When my oldest first started playing we had a sign we stuck in the ground that pointed to the goal on their end and then we would switch it after half time so they would shoot in the correct net! :lol: Sounds like you have had quite a bit of Johnny watching to fill your days as well! Carry on, matey! :capnjack:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Return to “The Monday Night Thread”