The Monday Night Thread is Back!

Moderator: Liz

nickidepphead

Unread postby nickidepphead » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:03 am

Liz wrote:
nickidepphead wrote:Oh! I think I'm a little late here, but:

Any good movies? Erm, now what's that pirate thing again? :biglaugh:

How many times? Well twice so far, but more will follow, I'm sure!

Books? Actually, I just started reading A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby. I love it! I can totally see why Johnny would want to make this into a film! If you don't like swearing I'd avoid it like the plague - it's chockablock - but the characters are fab! Started reading this morning and already about a third the way through! Wicked stuff!

:welcome: to ONBC, nickidepphead. You are deppinately not too late. The Monday Night Thread has been known to go all the way through Sunday at times.

ALWD is a great book! We discussed it here at ONBC a while back. If you are interested, you can read the discussion beginning on page 13 of the ONBC Archives:

http://johnnydepp-zone.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=8&topicdays=0&start=300

Thanks Liz! I'll go take a peek now!
* So...directly from the beautiful lips of Johnny Depp - THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Johnny Depp Zone! *

stricken

Unread postby stricken » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:56 am

How is your summer going?

What did you do on the 4th of July or on Canada Day?

Any great adventures so far?

Read any good books?

See any good movies?
Seriously, how many times have you seen DMC so far?

My summer has taken a great turn for the good. I have left my partner of 4 1/2 yrs and feel great. Things had not been well between us for some time and in March I found him cheating on-line so... I slowly made plans to leave and finally did last week!!

My 4th was good.

Adventures - today we are headed to the lake to play in the cool water.

Books - Caribbean, very interesting how the islands have changed hands over time.

Movies - have to admit, I've been too busy with moving and school to see any. Tomorrow we are headed to the matinee to see dmc thou.

Hope everyone is having a great summer.
XO

Did someone say toes?

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:50 pm

Hi Stricken. :wave: Glad your summer has taken a turn for the better. :cool:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

ibbi 3

Unread postby ibbi 3 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:53 am

No new Monday Night Thread ? :eyebrow:
Well I haven't got around to answer last weeks ~ so ....

Read any good books?

See any good movies?

Summer is hot , second heatwave here ~
Great adventures ; moving to our new house :bounce: and seeing 5 kittens getting born ! They are 3 weeks today , healthy , hungry , adorable :cloud9:
Books ; just starting on WEGG .
THE movie .... didn't see it yet :-/

Stroch ~ hope you can run around soon again ! :pray:
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:37 am

ibbi 3 wrote:No new Monday Night Thread ? :eyebrow:
Well I haven't got around to answer last weeks ~ so ....

Read any good books?

See any good movies?

Summer is hot , second heatwave here ~
Great adventures ; moving to our new house :bounce: and seeing 5 kittens getting born ! They are 3 weeks today , healthy , hungry , adorable :cloud9:
Books ; just starting on WEGG .
THE movie .... didn't see it yet :-/

Stroch ~ hope you can run around soon again ! :pray:

Hi Ibbi! :wave: Sorry. No Monday Night Thread this week. :-/ We'll only be doing about one a month this summer. Hope you are enjoying your new house and new kitties. We've been having a heatwave here too.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

ibbi 3

Unread postby ibbi 3 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:01 pm

:wave: Liz ~ ok I missed that info about the summerthread not being every week .
We do enjoy the house ! Even in the heatwave :eyebrow:
Sorry to hear you have the same weather :-/
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:29 pm

Ok, I'm curious. What's a heat wave for you?

The temperature here is 96 F, but it feels like 104 because of the humidity. That's 36 and 40 in Celcius. Glad the air conditioning is working!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:12 pm

fansmom wrote:Ok, I'm curious. What's a heat wave for you?

The temperature here is 96 F, but it feels like 104 because of the humidity. That's 36 and 40 in Celcius. Glad the air conditioning is working!

It's 96 here right now, too--but not humid--thank goodness. I would also like to know what a heatwave is for Ibbi.

ThirdArm

Unread postby ThirdArm » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:28 pm

Hi, all,

I feel like I've been away from the Zone for months--I've been very busy at work and that's all I've been doing, it feels like.

I know I'm the only person in the world that hasn't seen DMC; there, I've said it. I haven't seen it. (My bad, but that's the way rum ferments, as it were).

Mr ThirdArm and I put up another aquarium in our place. That's been our home improvement project that's been going on for a couple weeks now. It isn't easy, let me tell you.

4th of July was a little more eventful than I would have preferred. We went to the in-laws and they live in a very lively neighborhood and along with illegal fireworks, there were gunshots. I didn't realise that gunshots in the actual world sound differently from the way they do in the movies.
~No doubt the years have changed me.~

Kittycat88

Unread postby Kittycat88 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:10 pm

Well, thirdarm tell us are you an aquariumcan or an aquariumcant
(sorry reeeeeally bad joke!)

In any event I am sure the third arm comes in handy with installing all sorts of things...nevermind handling those quick little fishes.... :lol:

Glad to see you dropping by...dont worry about when you get to see DMC -- I think it will be around for a few more weeks !!!!

:hug:

Kitty
I have finally found a way to live just like I never could before.
I have finally found a way to live in the presence of the lord ~ E. Clapton

ThirdArm

Unread postby ThirdArm » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:36 pm

:lol: I'm the aquariumcant, actually. My job is stand there and hold the bags open while Mr ThirdArm catches the fish. They have to be bagged while the aquarium is drained and moved; then they are released into the new aquarium.

Mr ThirdArm once had a job building and installing aquariums and he has a degree in Marine Biology. He's most definitely the aquariumcan. he-he :omg:
~No doubt the years have changed me.~

San

Unread postby San » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:43 pm

Liz wrote:
fansmom wrote:Ok, I'm curious. What's a heat wave for you?

It's 96 here right now, too--but not humid--thank goodness. I would also like to know what a heatwave is for Ibbi.

I am not ibbi, but a heatwave in The Netherlands is in a period of 5 days temperatures of 25C (77F) and at least in those 5 days 2days with 30C+(86F)

Tomorrow morning it is called official a heatwave. Today we had
33C (91,5F) tomorrow it could be worse up till 36C (97F) :yikes:
And our houses don't have airco's :yikes:

It is the second heatwave already this summer (very rare overhere)

Johnny Fan

Unread postby Johnny Fan » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:51 pm

Well, since this thread is still going, I'd like to add my thoughts on some of the questions, since I forgot to do that last week! :blush:

My summer has been going great so far. :cool:

On the 4th of July, my family went to a festival. They had pretty good food and crafts there. We also went to see the Ides of March perform there. My dad went to high school with the lead singer of that band, so he talked to him and the band for a little while after the concert. We also went to a picnic at our church two days before the 4th of July. It was a lot of fun.

Definitely the best adventure I have had so far this summer was meeting Johnny and Orlando, my two favorite actors of all time, at the DMC premiere. :cloud9: :cloud9: I was also able to attend the Superman Returns premiere and a taping of the Tonight Show (with Orlando as the guest! :bounce:), see Johnny's house, handprints, and star, visit Pink's Hot Dogs, Universal Studios, and Disneyland. Disneyland was a lot of fun because I was able to see Vanessa and her kids there, and I was able to ride the new POTC ride three times! :bounce: I want to share my pictures from my trip, but I'm still in the process of uploading them to my computer. Hopefully I'll be able to share them soon. :cool:

I haven't had too much time to read this summer. :blush: I did manage to read the POTC Visual Guide though! :lol: I still haven't finished Shantaram. I hope to finish that soon.

The only other movies I have seen this summer besides DMC are X-Men: The Last Stand and Superman Returns. I enjoyed X-Men: TLS, and I thought Superman Returns was okay.

I have seen DMC 7 times...so far! I plan on seeing it again tomorrow and several more times throughout the summer. I just love that movie! :capnjack:
"Breath. We tend not to think much about it. Each one is a blessing--every inhale, every exhale." -Johnny Depp

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:40 pm

ThirdArm wrote::lol: I'm the aquariumcant, actually. My job is stand there and hold the bags open while Mr ThirdArm catches the fish. They have to be bagged while the aquarium is drained and moved; then they are released into the new aquarium.

Mr ThirdArm once had a job building and installing aquariums and he has a degree in Marine Biology. He's most definitely the aquariumcan. he-he :omg:

And maybe it would help if you had a like-minded person to go see the movie with? I'll give you a call. :grin:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:49 pm

Johnny Fanatic wrote:Well, since this thread is still going, I'd like to add my thoughts on some of the questions, since I forgot to do that last week! :blush:

My summer has been going great so far. :cool:

On the 4th of July, my family went to a festival. They had pretty good food and crafts there. We also went to see the Ides of March perform there. My dad went to high school with the lead singer of that band, so he talked to him and the band for a little while after the concert. We also went to a picnic at our church two days before the 4th of July. It was a lot of fun.

Definitely the best adventure I have had so far this summer was meeting Johnny and Orlando, my two favorite actors of all time, at the DMC premiere. :cloud9: :cloud9: I was also able to attend the Superman Returns premiere and a taping of the Tonight Show (with Orlando as the guest! :bounce:), see Johnny's house, handprints, and star, visit Pink's Hot Dogs, Universal Studios, and Disneyland. Disneyland was a lot of fun because I was able to see Vanessa and her kids there, and I was able to ride the new POTC ride three times! :bounce: I want to share my pictures from my trip, but I'm still in the process of uploading them to my computer. Hopefully I'll be able to share them soon. :cool:

I haven't had too much time to read this summer. :blush: I did manage to read the POTC Visual Guide though! :lol: I still haven't finished Shantaram. I hope to finish that soon.

The only other movies I have seen this summer besides DMC are X-Men: The Last Stand and Superman Returns. I enjoyed X-Men: TLS, and I thought Superman Returns was okay.

I have seen DMC 7 times...so far! I plan on seeing it again tomorrow and several more times throughout the summer. I just love that movie! :capnjack:

Johnny Fanatic, glad you weighed in here. I sure wish we could have hooked up at the premiere. :-/ Hopefully, next time. :hope: I would really LOVE to see your pics from the premiere, the ride, etc.

Return to “The Monday Night Thread”