The Monday Night Thread is Back!

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:40 pm

PhD wrote:
Liz wrote:I've had an extremely busy summer so far--but they seem to always go that way with kids in the house. I've been to two amusement parks--one Disneyland. And you all know about that adventure--the one of a lifetime. :thud: and I went on a rafting trip with my family. It was the first time for my son. He fell out--sort of purposely in the biggest rapid on the river--Satan's Cesspool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/DITHOT/Rafting/IMG_6683.jpg

More on my summer escapades in a bit.....

Ahh... the Disney trip. :cloud9:

I've never been rafting... it looks fun, but part of me is a little scared of it.

Actually, not the Disney trip (see below). And I am still scared of rafting, even though I've done it many times. :freaked:

My 4th of July was pretty exciting because I walked in our town's first 4th of July parade. I’ve never been in a parade before. It was an experience I will never forget—especially because I was looking at it from Johnny’s point of view. :-O I was asked to dress up as CJS (because I have a reputation now for my costume) to help promote the fundraiser for the middle school—which was the 8 p.m. showing of DMC on opening night. It was very weird having people call me Johnny and kids believing I was really Capt. Jack. Then I was asked again to dress up for the fundraiser—since they couldn’t get Johnny. (believe it or not, they asked me if I could get him to come :lol: ) That was also a very fun experience because I got to watch the movie with many of my friends, who are POTC and Johnny fans. The audience was so responsive. We all got a little wild. :capnjack: There is a chance I might make the local paper. I will post that pic on this thread if it happens.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:21 pm

The company finally left and the dishes are done too. Sounds like there have been some fun things happening for you all this summer. Lots of water adventure, Zoner meet ups and Johnny watching. Sounds like great way to spend a summer to me! :bounce:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

cait

Unread postby cait » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:39 pm

I've missed reading the Monday Night thread and I forgot it was starting up again tonight. :dunce:

My summer has been all over the place so far. I've worked at a music camp and I may have another one in a couple of weeks, I've been volunteering at the hospital, going down to my cottage (that's where I am tonight), and I've been relaxing and hanging out with family & friends.

I just finished a good book called Falling Angels by Tracy Chevallier. She's the author of Girl with a Pearl Earring (another one I enjoyed a lot)

I went to DMC for the first time last night. A group of us went and we had a great time! I might be going again on Thursday. :cool:

I just found out today that I'm going to NYC at the end of next week with my Mom and my aunt. We'll be there for a few days so we have some planning to do!

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer! I'll stop because it looks like I've written enough already! :lol:
Dirt...this is a jar of dirt.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:48 pm

Hi, cait! :wave: I'm glad you caught us tonight, it's good to be back. :cool:

It sounds like you are getting out and about quite a bit this summer and having fun as well. I would love to see DMC with a group. Bix and I went last Friday and although we sat next to some folks who claimed to be Johnny fans, I'm not sure they were really in our category. :thud: Have fun in NYC! :bounce: Maybe your mom and aunt will want to take in a DMC viewing???
:-O
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

nebraska

Re: The Monday Night Thread is Back!

Unread postby nebraska » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:50 pm

Liz wrote:Welcome back to the Monday Night Thread. :bounce: We’ve missed chatting with you, so we have many questions tonight…….

How is your summer going?
What did you do on the 4th of July or on Canada Day? :usa: :canada: .

Any great adventures so far?
Read any good books? [/: color] :reader Well, I managed to finish Chocolat, which I loved. Have gone just a couple of pages into Good Omens and love it so far. Otherwise, there is that 40-plus pages of text book every week.

[color=black]See any good movies?
:biglaugh:
Seriously, how many times have you seen DMC so far?
:popcorn: :captainjack:

Summer has been very busy for me since I am taking an online computer class (Microsoft Office 2003 Word) through the community college in addition to all my usual activites. The class requires tons of text book reading every week. The summer session is a little more intense due to it being a shorter period. Am learning tons and enjoying it all....except for the stress. :bawl: Otherwise, summer is going way too fast. My job is stressful as always, our area needs rain ............

Mr nebraska invited our adult sons and their families for a cookout on the 4th -- which he told me about after he had issued the invitation -- I didn't know until the guests had begun to arrive that he had also invited some neighbors! :banghead: Thank goodness I had enough plastic silverware and stuff. The night before we had gone to a party at a friend's house and the weekend before we went to a huge community fireworks display. So we celebrated quite a bit.

Adventures? Well, I just came home from a trip to South Dakota to see my favorite Apache/Cherokee drummer perform with the new group he has joined. http://www.arvelbird.com/ If you go look at the picture on this link, my drummer friend is the one in red. Beautiful beautiful man inside and out! Reminds me of Johnny in many ways. So I had an encounter of the Eagle kind this weekend. :cloud9:

Due to being out of town with my girl friends to go see said Apache/Cherokee drummer, I haven't seen DMC yet. With my job and my schoolwork to do, I may not see it for a few days yet ............I am savoring the anticipation. I can hardly wait to get re-acquainted with Captain Jack. I didn't realize how much I missed him until I watched trailers for DMC. Haven't watched my entire Libertine DVD yet, either. I think I am over commited! :-? On the other hand, I have some wonderful things still waiting in my future.

cait

Unread postby cait » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:52 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Hi, cait! :wave: I'm glad you caught us tonight, it's good to be back. :cool:

It sounds like you are getting out and about quite a bit this summer and having fun as well. I would love to see DMC with a group. Bix and I went last Friday and although we sat next to some folks who claimed to be Johnny fans, I'm not sure they were really in our category. :thud: Have fun in NYC! :bounce: Maybe your mom and aunt will want to take in a DMC viewing???
:-O

The audience last night was great! People were clapping and cheering at several points in the movie!

I would love DMC in NYC, but I don't know if we'll have the time. I do plan on going to see the wax figures though! :cool: If anyone has some other ideas, I'd love to hear them!
Dirt...this is a jar of dirt.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:58 pm

nebraska, I'm glad you had an encounter of the Eagle kind this weekend! I can vouch for what a wonderful person he is since I got to meet him myself this spring...and you! :hug: I hope Mr. Nebraska was doing the cooking after inviting everyone over! :banghead:

cait, the audience was pretty quiet when I saw it last Friday but I have heard from others they experienced what you did. I hope that is more often the case!
:applause:

Wow! What a ride!

chaingirl17

Unread postby chaingirl17 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:04 pm

Liz wrote:
chaingirl17 wrote::wave: girls!

Finally able to catch the Monday Night Thread, I am usually very busy around this time. Usually always busy with my nightly Johnny viewings. :lol:

My summer has been a combination of relaxing and exciting so far. Just got back from a wonderful and lovely week long vacation last month down in Panama City Beach, Florida. Hope to go back again one week this October. :cool: After that, I have been mighty busy catching up with all the news and lovely pics here on the Zone. Spent the 4th of July with the Earl of course, what better way to spend the holiday! :heart2: So nice to finally own a copy of this magnificent film! I have not seen DMC just yet, but I will definetly be catching a matinee on Wednesday! I CAN'T WAIT to see what all the Captain will be up to this time around! :omg: I have been avoiding all of the Zoners' reviews of the film, will catch up as soon as I see the film. Don't want it spoiled for me. After that, it will just be a nice, relaxing summer full of relaxing afternoons out in the sun!

Hi Chaingirl. :wave: Glad you joined us. Panama City Beach sounds lovely! Gotta love those relaxing vacations. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time alone yet to watch the Earl. But I'll be getting that time next week.

NOTE: I welcome talk of DMC here tonight, but if there be spoilers please label them as such. Much appreciated. :cool:

:wave: Liz!

Yes, PCB was definetly beautiful! It was so nice to just sit and relax on the beach, listen to the gorgeous Gulf of Mexico. Here is a pretty pic I almost forgot to share with you all.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/chaingirl17/PCB%20vacation/6-25-2006-25.jpg

Enjoy the Earl next week! I have been catching up on some much needed viewings myself. Just got to see him once in the theater, sure was nice to see him again! :heart2:
Johnny & Vanessa.... The Most Beautiful Couple in Hollywood!!! :flashingheart:

Larkwoodgirl

Unread postby Larkwoodgirl » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:07 pm

I didn't really to too much on the 4th. Just mostly tried to catch up on all the reviews of DMC. My son had a slew of his friends in and out of the house all day. I thought I would never get through washing all the glasses from where they came in to get drinks. They can't use the same glass over you know!!

I have really been enjoying my summer. I have started reading Good Omens to get ready for the discussion.

I have also been working in my yard. Trying to redo the front flower bed. It was just looking awful, I couldn't stand it any longer.

Also, my mom moved out from Georgia. She is going to be living with me for awhile. My son is loving it bacause she spoils him no end.
""We shall never cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T.S. Eliot

chaingirl17

Unread postby chaingirl17 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:08 pm

PhD wrote:
chaingirl17 wrote::wave: girls!

Finally able to catch the Monday Night Thread, I am usually very busy around this time. Usually always busy with my nightly Johnny viewings. :lol:

My summer has been a combination of relaxing and exciting so far. Just got back from a wonderful and lovely week long vacation last month down in Panama City Beach, Florida. Hope to go back again one week this October. :cool: After that, I have been mighty busy catching up with all the news and lovely pics here on the Zone. Spent the 4th of July with the Earl of course, what better way to spend the holiday! :heart2: So nice to finally own a copy of this magnificent film! I have not seen DMC just yet, but I will definetly be catching a matinee on Wednesday! I CAN'T WAIT to see what all the Captain will be up to this time around! :omg: I have been avoiding all of the Zoners' reviews of the film, will catch up as soon as I see the film. Don't want it spoiled for me. After that, it will just be a nice, relaxing summer full of relaxing afternoons out in the sun!

It sounds like you've had a great summer so far! I didn't know you were planning another PCB trip in October. That's a good time to go... fewer people, and it's still plenty warm.

:wave: PhD!

My mom actually just surprised me by telling me that she was wanting to plan another trip. We actually went in October back in 2004, it was very lovely then too. You are right, still warm and the crowds definetly were not near as bad. Can't wait to try to go back! :grin: Your summer sounds great so far too! I think everyone is having a lovely summer so far, being graced with more of a certain, beautiful pirate! :heart2:
Johnny & Vanessa.... The Most Beautiful Couple in Hollywood!!! :flashingheart:

bluebird

Unread postby bluebird » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:09 pm

Summer is flying by for me...but this year, I didn't mind it being July 4th already because it meant that POTC:DMC was only a few days away. I've been to NYC and to the mountains of PA, plan on going to the New Jersey beaches soon, and a few day trips, too.

Haven't done a lot of reading, been spinning and dyeing wool. I started reading Good Omens. By the way, there's a book on pirates that was mentioned in one of JD's interviews...a scholarly book about their, uh, lives. Was it in the Rolling Stone interview? Does anyone remember the title? I have a need to read it. :blush:

I've seen POTC:DMC twice. First time at the midnight show Thursday and the second time Sunday afternoon. Loved it even more the second time. I plan to see it again later this week, and, who knows, maybe this weekend, too.

Re: rafting....I went white water rafting once.....after the first rapids I wanted to get out and walk back.....I didn't, of course, but I've never done it again!!!!!!

bluebird
The edge … there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. HST

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:09 pm

chaingirl17 wrote: Yes, PCB was definetly beautiful! It was so nice to just sit and relax on the beach, listen to the gorgeous Gulf of Mexico. Here is a pretty pic I almost forgot to share with you all.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/chaingirl17/PCB%20vacation/6-25-2006-25.jpg

Gorgeous pic, chaingirl. Brings back memories.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:13 pm

bluebird wrote:Re: rafting....I went white water rafting once.....after the first rapids I wanted to get out and walk back.....I didn't, of course, but I've never done it again!!!!!!

bluebird

I can relate. :freaked:

Betty Sue

Unread postby Betty Sue » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:20 pm

Summer's been escaping past me and better last through September to make up for it (except that an early freeze would be welcome to end the yard work!)! We live on a river, but last weekend was the first I had a chance to go swimming or take our boat out. However, a new activity that's been keeping me busy is working with needy clients, and I'm finding that very satisfying. :cloud9:
Fourth of July was spent watching fireworks and feeling sorry for the little baby who cried with every boom and being driven crazy by the car horn that went off with every boom---more entertainment than we'd planned on.... :eyebrow:
Best adventure was visiting Johnny sites in Hollywood. Hope attending my high school reunion of very old people will be another happy adventure this month. :baby:
I've started so many good books, then been distracted by another one. Good Omens arrived today. I'd better get serious about that one. I think maybe Zone reading has replaced book reading! :blush:
Only movie I've seen this summer is THE MOVIE on opening night--so thrilling to be a part of history! I can't wait to see it again and really absorb it!!! :bounce:

(Kittycat, those are darling pics! :cloud9:)
"I never wanted to be remembered for being a star."

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:27 pm

Betty Sue wrote:Summer's been escaping past me and better last through September to make up for it (except that an early freeze would be welcome to end the yard work!)! We live on a river, but last weekend was the first I had a chance to go swimming or take our boat out. However, a new activity that's been keeping me busy is working with needy clients, and I'm finding that very satisfying. :cloud9:
Fourth of July was spent watching fireworks and feeling sorry for the little baby who cried with every boom and being driven crazy by the car horn that went off with every boom---more entertainment than we'd planned on.... :eyebrow:
Best adventure was visiting Johnny sites in Hollywood. Hope attending my high school reunion of very old people will be another happy adventure this month. :baby:
I've started so many good books, then been distracted by another one. Good Omens arrived today. I'd better get serious about that one. I think maybe Zone reading has replaced book reading! :blush:
Only movie I've seen this summer is THE MOVIE on opening night--so thrilling to be a part of history! I can't wait to see it again and really absorb it!!! :bounce:

(Kittycat, those are darling pics! :cloud9:)

Looks like another good and full summer already for you. THE MOVIE is, in fact, a historical event. And I hope you enjoy Good Omens as much as me & DITHOT.

Return to “The Monday Night Thread”