The Monday Night Thread is Back!

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

The Monday Night Thread is Back!

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:01 pm

Welcome back to the Monday Night Thread. :bounce: We’ve missed chatting with you, so we have many questions tonight…….

How is your summer going?

What did you do on the 4th of July or on Canada Day? :usa: :canada:

Any great adventures so far? :motorcycle:

Read any good books? :reader:

See any good movies? :biglaugh:
Seriously, how many times have you seen DMC so far?
:popcorn: :captainjack:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Kittycat88

Re: The Monday Night Thread is Back!

Unread postby Kittycat88 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:11 pm

Liz wrote:Welcome back to the Monday Night Thread. :bounce: We’ve missed chatting with you, so we have many questions tonight…….

How is your summer going? Okay - but its back to the hot flashes...(uh oh, did I just give away my age?)

What did you do on the 4th of July or on Canada Day? :usa: :canada: (nothing! Just chilled)

Any great adventures so far? :motorcycle: Yup, went to Californy with my niece to see Johnny on the red carpet will post the pics below on next message.

Read any good books? :reader: No but I am writing a barn-burner

See any good movies? :biglaugh: Heeehehehehehe Yes.....

Seriously, how many times have you seen DMC so far?
:popcorn: :captainjack: Going second time this weekend.
I have finally found a way to live just like I never could before.
I have finally found a way to live in the presence of the lord ~ E. Clapton

Shadow

Unread postby Shadow » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:13 pm

Saw it 3 times this weekend and am going again on Wednesday.
:bounce: :cloud9: :capnjack:
Jack Sparrow: I like it. Simple...easy to remember.
Jack Sparrow: Should he be doing that?

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:18 pm

Hi Shadow and Kittycat. :wave: I hope to go for my 2nd viewing tomorrow and see it on a bigger screen. I know there are many things I missed the first time around.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Kittycat88

Unread postby Kittycat88 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:22 pm

Me and my niece waiting along the barrier...I look great with my eyes closed...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4/kittycat88_2000/akitty4.jpg

More Me!! Still waiting...notice I am still smiling..

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4/kittycat88_2000/cc5bb62e.jpg

Finally our one and only pic and look at Johnny...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4/kittycat88_2000/1e9911fb.jpg

Me with my head cut off, she said I can't get all of your head in. I answered, get the cement print, never mind me!!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4/kittycat88_2000/Akitty.jpg

Sorry the one of Johnny isnt larger...

Raven

Unread postby Raven » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:25 pm

3 times and will see it again, sneaking off for the matinee tomorrow. :bounce:

I love this movie!!!!!!!!!! :heart:
"In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: the stupid
and the envious."
John Wilmot, the 2nd Earl of Rochester in The Libertine by Stephen Jeffreys

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:26 pm

Well, Kittycat, that was an adventure of a lifetime, eh? I so enjoyed meeting you that day. :highfive:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:28 pm

Raven wrote:3 times and will see it again, sneaking off for the matinee tomorrow. :bounce:

I hear "second time's a charm". I think there might be more to this movie than meets the sharp eye. :-O

PhD

Unread postby PhD » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:28 pm

I'm so glad the Monday night thread is back! :bounce:

My summer has been extremely busy. I've bitten off more than I can chew between work, school, and personal plans. But, I'm wading through and trying to stay (sort of) caught up on all the Johnny news.

I didn't do anything on the 4th. Well, I take that back. Mr PhD and I bought a 42" plasma television on the Saturday before the 4th. Most of the weekend (as well as Monday and Tuesday) was spent hooking everything up and re-arranging the living room furniture to accomodate our new tv (and cleaning up the dirt that was revealed when we moved the furniture).

Great adventures.... I had a business trip to Montana, and made a couple of side trips to Yellowstone National Park. It was spectacular. We're already planning another trip out there (when our vacation won't be interrupted by meetings). My next adventure will be next week. I must survive my SIL and her wedding. :lol:

I haven't read much this summer. I started Shantaram, but haven't had an opportunity to finish it yet. I read most of a book about grizzly bear attacks (scary!), too. I wanted to read the next ONBC book, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to sit this one out.

I've seen DMC twice and plan to go back again on Saturday.

~What's your barn burner about, kitty?
"Because, you know, it seems to me that, I mean, except for being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal"

Kittycat88

Unread postby Kittycat88 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:31 pm

I'll pm you...

Raven

Unread postby Raven » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:34 pm

Liz wrote:
Raven wrote:3 times and will see it again, sneaking off for the matinee tomorrow. :bounce:

I hear "second time's a charm". I think there might be more to this movie than meets the sharp eye. :-O

I can tell you there is so much going on even I cannot know all of it. But I do have a question for you all. Who is Davey Jones heartache and what is your proof????
"In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: the stupid

and the envious."

John Wilmot, the 2nd Earl of Rochester in The Libertine by Stephen Jeffreys

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:40 pm

PhD wrote:I'm so glad the Monday night thread is back! :bounce:
I haven't read much this summer. I started Shantaram, but haven't had an opportunity to finish it yet. I read most of a book about grizzly bear attacks (scary!), too. I wanted to read the next ONBC book, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to sit this one out.
[/color]

You've had a very busy summer so far, PhD. :cool: I've been told I should go to Yellowstone--but we're waiting until the kids are gone. I think they'd be bored. And reading a book about grizzlies doesn't seem like a good thing to do prior to going to Yellowstone. :lol: Or did you read it afterwards?

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:49 pm

I've had an extremely busy summer so far--but they seem to always go that way with kids in the house. I've been to two amusement parks--one Disneyland. And you all know about that adventure--the one of a lifetime. :thud: and I went on a rafting trip with my family. It was the first time for my son. He fell out--sort of purposely in the biggest rapid on the river--Satan's Cesspool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/DITHOT/Rafting/IMG_6683.jpg

More on my summer escapades in a bit.....

chaingirl17

Unread postby chaingirl17 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:51 pm

:wave: girls!

Finally able to catch the Monday Night Thread, I am usually very busy around this time. Usually always busy with my nightly Johnny viewings. :lol:

My summer has been a combination of relaxing and exciting so far. Just got back from a wonderful and lovely week long vacation last month down in Panama City Beach, Florida. Hope to go back again one week this October. :cool: After that, I have been mighty busy catching up with all the news and lovely pics here on the Zone. Spent the 4th of July with the Earl of course, what better way to spend the holiday! :heart2: So nice to finally own a copy of this magnificent film! I have not seen DMC just yet, but I will definetly be catching a matinee on Wednesday! I CAN'T WAIT to see what all the Captain will be up to this time around! :omg: I have been avoiding all of the Zoners' reviews of the film, will catch up as soon as I see the film. Don't want it spoiled for me. After that, it will just be a nice, relaxing summer full of relaxing afternoons out in the sun!
Johnny & Vanessa.... The Most Beautiful Couple in Hollywood!!! :flashingheart:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:55 pm

Howdy, Noodlemantras! :wave: Just checking in briefly for the moment since I ended up with an impromptu houseful for dinner tonight... It's good to see the Monday Night Thread back in action :bounce: and I'll be back later when my dinner guests have gone. My biggest adventure of the summer was definitely the DMC premiere at Disney and meeting up with new and old Zoner friends! KittyCat I enjoyed meeting you and ZsaZsa as well! I haven't been able to read anything other than GO so far this summer, just too busy. I saw DMC on opening day and probably won't be able to get back until next weekend due to the intrusion of real life... :banghead: I do plan to see it many more times though to pick up all that I missed on the first viewing. I have enjoyed reading all the commentary and everyone's different viewpoints.

Carry on, mates...back in a bit!
:capnjack:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Return to “The Monday Night Thread”