Monday Night Thread - Johnny Characters

Moderator: Liz

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:04 pm

Off the top of my head, as it were, ......William Blake.......naive, searching, becoming stronger through adversity, learning, understanding, becoming more spiritual.............

I suppose I would like to be more like Sam. He is so full of love and kindness and he is so happy with the simple things in life.....

I may change my mind after I have a chance to think about it more.

QueenofKings

Unread postby QueenofKings » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:05 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:
QueenofKings wrote:
Liz wrote:Hi V. :wave: I missed your post somehow, earlier. I thought of Sam myself as opposed to Edward. I think they are similar, in a way--both innocents and both sweet.

And QofK, my condolences about your friend. :-/

Thanks, Liz. He is having some good days now. He's delusional, which I am of the opinion is a good thing. I say let him think he's in Paris and going horseback riding and having a picnic tomorrow.

QofK, that must be very difficult for you to see your friend like that.

Unfortunately, it's not the first time I'm going through this. I think I'll bring Pirates over so he can watch it. Then maybe he'll think he has a ship and freedom and is sailing the world.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:06 pm

nebraska wrote:Off the top of my head, as it were, ......William Blake.......naive, searching, becoming stronger through adversity, learning, understanding, becoming more spiritual.............

I suppose I would like to be more like Sam. He is so full of love and kindness and he is so happy with the simple things in life.....

nebraska, I have found about 5 more characters that I am like just since the thread started. I think I'd better sign off before I'm really :-)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

DepplySmitten

Unread postby DepplySmitten » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:07 pm

You guys....this is sort of a toughie!! :perplexed:

I guess I'm a combo of Sam and the Earl! Wierd! I'm fairly sweet (maybe too sweet sometimes :blush: ), and I'm a people pleaser. But I can also be very naughty like the Earl, and I'm terribly loyal! I know this is cheating...but I think a teensy bit of Don Juan in me too....I love ...love! :heart:

Who do I wish I was more like?...Roux! A free spirit all the way. I wish I could travel around more, see the world...have a more carefree attitude....a wanderer! Love his attitude!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:14 pm

nebraska wrote:Off the top of my head, as it were, ......William Blake.......naive, searching, becoming stronger through adversity, learning, understanding, becoming more spiritual.............

That's the thing, Nebraska. There are so many Johnny characters that have redeeming qualities. They aren't perfect. But each has certain qualities that we would all like to emulate--well maybe not Spencer. :yikes:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

deedee

Unread postby deedee » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:26 pm

you know I'm going to go with Cesar. My Rom/Sinti heritage, strong sense of family, fight for those close to me, honor and loyalty.
My alter ego is more like Hunter S. Enough on that subject, most of you know how passionate I am about the dear Doctor.

Just for the hell of it, I'd like to be Mort...my own little dream world, play with my Slinky,eat Doritos and drink my Mountain Dew, laying around in my bathrobe on the couch all day, letting somebody have it with a shovel once in a while.....
"Those who do not like you fall into two catagories..the stupid and the envious."

Johnny Fan

Unread postby Johnny Fan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:26 pm

I hope it's okay if I cheat a little and name two characters for each question! :blush:

Character I'm most like:
Ed Wood, because of my 1) love for movies, 2) loyalty to my friends, and 3) optimism (I try to always look at the bright side of any hard situations I face). A trait of Ed Wood's that doesn't apply to me at all though (besides his cross-dressing! LOL) is his outgoing nature. I am definitely closer to Sam or Gilbert when it comes to personality because I'm normally very shy.

Character I would most like to be:
Roux, because 1) he never cares what other people think of him, which I think is a very admirable trait, and 2) he gets to travel a lot, which I would love to do!
My other choice would be Capt. Jack Sparrow because of how bold and outgoing he is and because of how he never seems to be afraid of anything.
"Breath. We tend not to think much about it. Each one is a blessing--every inhale, every exhale." -Johnny Depp

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:39 pm

Johnny Fanatic wrote:I hope it's okay if I cheat a little and name two characters for each question! :blush:

Character I'm most like:
Ed Wood, because of my 1) love for movies, 2) loyalty to my friends, and 3) optimism (I try to always look at the bright side of any hard situations I face). A trait of Ed Wood's that doesn't apply to me at all though (besides his cross-dressing! LOL) is his outgoing nature. I am definitely closer to Sam or Gilbert when it comes to personality because I'm normally very shy.

Character I would most like to be:
Roux, because 1) he never cares what other people think of him, which I think is a very admirable trait, and 2) he gets to travel a lot, which I would love to do!
My other choice would be Capt. Jack Sparrow because of how bold and outgoing he is and because of how he never seems to be afraid of anything.

Great answers, Johnny Fanatic! And you aren't cheating. Some people whose names we won't mention :lol: chose more than two characters.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Rainey

Unread postby Rainey » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:51 pm

Wow... this is a tough one...

CHARACTER(S) MOST LIKE:

I would have to say that I'm a combination between Mort Rainey and J.M Barrie. I think I'm like Mort because I love to just lounge around looking like a mess. I'm not crazy like Mort though. Well, maybe a little, but not THAT bad :lol: I also like Doritos and Mt. Dew and my dog follows me around alot like Chico followed Mort. Oh and I once had braces and glasses :mort2: I also think I have some James in me. I LOVE kids! Even if they aren't my own, I love them all. I also tend to daydream about what Heaven may be like or sometimes even Neverland ( which at times I would just love to escape to for a day ). Oh and I've danced with my dog, ;-)

CHARACTER I WOULD MOST LIKE TO BE:

I love all of the characters, but I think I'm gonna stick with Rainey and Barrie. :cool:
It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

dharma_bum

Unread postby dharma_bum » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:47 am

Great question!!!

I am most like the Earl mellowed into Roux. If there was a dare, I took it. If there was a closed door, I opened it. I there were rules, I broke them. I challenged everything and used creativity as an excuse to be selfish. These days I’m happy to be defined by what I love and not what loves me back. I still question everything and want what I can’t have, but I accept what I’m given with a bit more grace.

Who would I rather be more like? Who wouldn’t want to dance between the raindrops and never see a half empty glass that you couldn’t make full. Captain Jack, of course.
"You can't broom out your head. You certainly can't broom out your heart. And there's a hot wire between them, and everything shows in the eyes."
—Johnny Depp

Jackslady

Unread postby Jackslady » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:22 pm

This is a fascinating question, I've really enjoyed reading everyone's responses!

I love to write and I'm shy, solitary and can be quite reclusive by nature, therefore I have to say I relate most to Mort and Barrie! I'm no stranger to the ticking clocks and dripping taps that Mort notices because he's been spending so much time alone, lol! JM Barrie is shy and somewhat awkward around people and I'd say that's definitely me!

And who would I love to be? Well, I think Captain Jack - to be so confident and fearless and to have such a keen mind. There's also a part of me who would like to have elements of John Wilmot - the writing talent, the intelligence, the wit, the fearlessness. I love the way some of you have said you've done some wild and crazy things in your time - it's something I've never done, not because I'm a conformist, but because I've just never had the courage!
"Easy on the goods darlin!"
"Tis not an easy thing to be entirely happy, but to be kind is very easy, and that is the greatest measure of happiness"-John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

*Special thanks to es for help with my lovely avatar*

Kittycat88

Unread postby Kittycat88 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:29 pm

QofK...so sorry about your friend. I can understand since I just lost one of mine too. I think watching POTC would be a sweet and wonderful gift.

You must be a very special person. My thoughts are with you.

Hugs,

Kittycat
I have finally found a way to live just like I never could before.
I have finally found a way to live in the presence of the lord ~ E. Clapton

Endora

Unread postby Endora » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:33 pm

The character I am most like is Mort. I know what I want to do, but can't find the words. I can't let my feelings out in a constructive way. I bottle things up and dwell on details I cannot change. I have moments when I don't understand myself. (And I have writers block!)

At first I thought I'd like to be a sweet or kind character, Sam orRoux maybe. But although I wish this was what I wanted, I know it isn't. I would rather be more focussed or ruthless. So it would have to be George, or, no surprise I'm afraid, Corso.
Work hard, learn well, and make peace with the fact that you'll never be as cool as Johnny Depp. GQ.

Solace in the flood

Endora

Unread postby Endora » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:34 pm

Kittycat88 wrote:QofK...so sorry about your friend. I can understand since I just lost one of mine too. I think watching POTC would be a sweet and wonderful gift.

You must be a very special person. My thoughts are with you.

Hugs,

Kittycat

And from me too. Sad times, but make the most of the time, do what you are doing now.
Work hard, learn well, and make peace with the fact that you'll never be as cool as Johnny Depp. GQ.

Solace in the flood

suec

Unread postby suec » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:37 pm

I would most like to be like :capnjack: without a doubt. This is because he knows what he wants and he goes after it. I can be pretty single minded too. My problem is knowing what I want; mostly I just know what I don't want, and that's hard. The other reason is because of his reaction when about to be hanged, and his crimes are being listed; he smiles with enjoyment as he remembers his life. I think that's great.
I guess I have bits of many the characters in me. But I am far and away most like John Wilmot. I have a lot in common with him: the heated nature, truthfulness, outspokenness, contrariness. Deciding to help Barry is just the sort of thing I would do, for the same reasons (apart from attraction). What else? Self-destructiveness, the entertainment value when I've had a few (so I'm told :blush: ) Not a frequent thing, I hasten to add.
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

Return to “The Monday Night Thread”