Monday Night Thread - Johnny Characters

Moderator: Liz

User avatar
CarrieKY
Posts: 2424
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Northern Kentucky ~ Cincinnati

Status: Offline

Unread postby CarrieKY » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:11 pm

Great questions, Liz.

Like others have said, I feel most like Gilbert. I've been a care-taker most of my life, willingly and unwillingly.

I would love to be like....Sands! I know...LOL. But, to be completely self-absorbed, mean, funny and cute. Hey, could be worse.

User avatar
Liz
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 12971
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:13 pm
Location: The Left Coast

Status: Offline

Unread postby Liz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:16 pm

Hi CarrieKY. :wave: It would be fun to be Sands.

Kittycat, I forgot about DJDM. Silly me. :blush: I'm similar to him, too--the incurable romantic part of him.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

User avatar
QueenofKings
Posts: 7732
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:36 pm
Location: Edge City On the Road

Status: Offline

Unread postby QueenofKings » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:23 pm

This doesn't quite answer the question, but it's close.

Characters I was most like 25 years ago -- The Earl and Raoul Duke. I was a complete rebel, always testing authority, blatantly making art and music everywhere I went, wearing shocking clothing, saying shocking things, trying out strange hair-do's, selfish, self-absorbed, treating people including my friends and lovers with disdain, carelessness, and hurt, very fickle, imbibing any and every substance in sight, writing day and night, burning the pieces I thought weren't worthy.
(I'm not proud of some of my behavior, but it made me who I am today. Thank God I grew up.)

Character I feel most like today -- James Barrie. I write at odd hours, my relationships = :-? , and my friend is dying.

Character I'd like to be for a day -- Captain Jack. He has so much fun, freedom, great swordsmanship, he's in shape, looks great in a bandana. For the most part, he seems pretty happy.

User avatar
artistatheart
Posts: 952
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 11:01 pm
Location: Virginia

Status: Offline

Unread postby artistatheart » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:24 pm

Interesting question Liz :cool:

Character I am most like: I personally believe that I am most like a combination of Edward Scissorhands and Sam. I tend to be shy and quiet, like Edward, but I think I am a very creative person, like Sam, as well. I am also pretty unique among the people I know, which, as you all know, Edward and Sam are very unique characters! :cool:

Character I want to be more like: I would like to be more like J.M. Barrie. He had such a free imagination, and was not afraid to show his youthful side. He may have been shy, but, in my opinion, his books and plays have never really expressed that to any great extent. I would also love to have his level of creativity!

User avatar
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:43 pm
Location: Austin

Status: Offline

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:26 pm

Hey, V! I hear ya' on the truck issue... :banghead: At least on the interstate that goes through town the 18 wheelers are not allowed in the far left lane. It has cut down on accidents and on aggravation!

Kittycat88 wrote: Easy, Roux - he is so laid back and accepting of life. He doesnt fight it. He just crawls into it.


I like the way you described him there! Don't sweat the small stuff but stand up for your beliefs.

CarrieKY, I think a part of Sands appeals to all of us! :mwahaha:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

User avatar
CarrieKY
Posts: 2424
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Northern Kentucky ~ Cincinnati

Status: Offline

Unread postby CarrieKY » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:27 pm

QueenofKings wrote:This doesn't quite answer the question, but it's close.

Characters I was most like 25 years ago -- The Earl and Raoul Duke. I was a complete rebel, always testing authority, blatantly making art and music everywhere I went, wearing shocking clothing, saying shocking things, trying out strange hair-do's, selfish, self-absorbed, treating people including my friends and lovers with disdain, carelessness, and hurt, very fickle, imbibing any and every substance in sight, writing day and night, burning the pieces I thought weren't worthy.
(I'm not proud of some of my behavior, but it made me who I am today. Thank God I grew up.)

Character I feel most like today -- James Barrie. I write at odd hours, my relationships = :-? , and my friend is dying.

Character I'd like to be for a day -- Captain Jack. He has so much fun, freedom, great swordsmanship, he's in shape, looks great in a bandana. For the most part, he seems pretty happy.



What an interesting person you are, Queen. I'm in awe of the candor of our little Depp-world.

User avatar
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:43 pm
Location: Austin

Status: Offline

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:29 pm

QofK, I have to say that my answer would have been very different 25 years ago as well... :-O

You and artistatheart both brought up J M Barrie. How wonderful it would be to follow your artistic instinct like he did.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

User avatar
Theresa
JDZ Webmaster
Posts: 26779
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 1:21 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Status: Offline

Unread postby Theresa » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:39 pm

Very interesting question – and really hard to answer.

Characters I am most like: I think I'm a combination of Ed Wood and Sam. Like Ed, I am very optimistic and always try to look on the bright side of life; and like Sam, I attempt to please people and make them feel comfortable and at ease.

Character I would like to be: Hmm... I think it might have to be Roux, because he isn't tied to any place. I am such a homebody and settled that I envy people who feel they can wander about and travel without feeling tied down.

User avatar
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:43 pm
Location: Austin

Status: Offline

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:44 pm

It is a tought one when you start thinking about it, theresa! I think I feel that way about CJS too, the adventurer, travelling the world. :capnjack:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

User avatar
Liz
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 12971
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:13 pm
Location: The Left Coast

Status: Offline

Unread postby Liz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:53 pm

Hi V. :wave: I missed your post somehow, earlier. I thought of Sam myself as opposed to Edward. I think they are similar, in a way--both innocents and both sweet.

And QofK, my condolences about your friend. :-/
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

User avatar
QueenofKings
Posts: 7732
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:36 pm
Location: Edge City On the Road

Status: Offline

Unread postby QueenofKings » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:53 pm

CarrieKY wrote:
QueenofKings wrote:This doesn't quite answer the question, but it's close.

Characters I was most like 25 years ago -- The Earl and Raoul Duke. I was a complete rebel, always testing authority, blatantly making art and music everywhere I went, wearing shocking clothing, saying shocking things, trying out strange hair-do's, selfish, self-absorbed, treating people including my friends and lovers with disdain, carelessness, and hurt, very fickle, imbibing any and every substance in sight, writing day and night, burning the pieces I thought weren't worthy.
(I'm not proud of some of my behavior, but it made me who I am today. Thank God I grew up.)

Character I feel most like today -- James Barrie. I write at odd hours, my relationships = :-? , and my friend is dying.

Character I'd like to be for a day -- Captain Jack. He has so much fun, freedom, great swordsmanship, he's in shape, looks great in a bandana. For the most part, he seems pretty happy.



What an interesting person you are, Queen. I'm in awe of the candor of our little Depp-world.


That's something I'm glad I haven't lost, which is for the most part, I try to be honest, probably to a fault. I'm all about the truth (if there is such a thing).

User avatar
QueenofKings
Posts: 7732
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:36 pm
Location: Edge City On the Road

Status: Offline

Unread postby QueenofKings » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:56 pm

Liz wrote:Hi V. :wave: I missed your post somehow, earlier. I thought of Sam myself as opposed to Edward. I think they are similar, in a way--both innocents and both sweet.

And QofK, my condolences about your friend. :-/


Thanks, Liz. He is having some good days now. He's delusional, which I am of the opinion is a good thing. I say let him think he's in Paris and going horseback riding and having a picnic tomorrow.

User avatar
Liz
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 12971
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:13 pm
Location: The Left Coast

Status: Offline

Unread postby Liz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:59 pm

QueenofKings wrote:
Liz wrote:Hi V. :wave: I missed your post somehow, earlier. I thought of Sam myself as opposed to Edward. I think they are similar, in a way--both innocents and both sweet.

And QofK, my condolences about your friend. :-/


Thanks, Liz. He is having some good days now. He's delusional, which I am of the opinion is a good thing. I say let him think he's in Paris and going horseback riding and having a picnic tomorrow.


Why not? :-/
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

User avatar
Liz
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 12971
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:13 pm
Location: The Left Coast

Status: Offline

Unread postby Liz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:59 pm

I’ve been thinking about whom I would like to be more like, and I think it is a combo of CJS and Roux, as others have said. I think it is the adventurer and traveler in me. Plus they both are honorable in their own ways, have courage and value freedom.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

User avatar
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:43 pm
Location: Austin

Status: Offline

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:59 pm

QueenofKings wrote:
Liz wrote:Hi V. :wave: I missed your post somehow, earlier. I thought of Sam myself as opposed to Edward. I think they are similar, in a way--both innocents and both sweet.

And QofK, my condolences about your friend. :-/


Thanks, Liz. He is having some good days now. He's delusional, which I am of the opinion is a good thing. I say let him think he's in Paris and going horseback riding and having a picnic tomorrow.


QofK, that must be very difficult for you to see your friend like that.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!


Return to “The Monday Night Thread”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest