Monday Night Thread - Johnny Characters

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Monday Night Thread - Johnny Characters

Unread postby Liz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:57 pm

:wave: Good evening/afternoon/morning—whatever it is in your neck of the woods—Noodlemantra’s. It’s time for the Monday Night Thread again. :yahoo: :bounce: :snoopydances:
In the aftermath of the Oscars and after seeing Johnny as Ed Wood and J.M. Barrie on the montage last night, :applause: I thought it would be appropriate to ask a question about the roles that Johnny has played—with a twist……

This is a two part question:

1. Tell us what Johnny character you most resemble and explain why. We’ll allow up to a combo of two Johnny characters.

and

2. What Johnny character would you rather be more like?
Last edited by Liz on Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

kristen

Unread postby kristen » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:02 pm

Oh, gosh :lol: I don't even think I'll attempt this one -- but great question, Liz!! I can't wait to read everyone's responses - then perhaps I'll think of something :noodlemantra:

QueenofKings

Unread postby QueenofKings » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:03 pm

Gosh, you two always think up the hard (but extremely interesting) questions for us! :grin: :dunce:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:06 pm

I know it's a toughy. It's unfair that I've had a couple of days to think about my answer to the first question. I didn't decide on the second part of the question until about a half hour ago. So I'm still thinking about that one.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

b.p. olive

Unread postby b.p. olive » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:52 pm

Okay, I'm absolutely sure I will probably change my mind (hmmm... absolutely probably, eh?) because there are SO MANY to choose from. But, for now...

Character most like: An odd cross between JM Barrie, (before he met the Llewelyn Davies brothers), and Gilbert Grape. In need of something to re-spark my creative juices, and going through the end of a marriage, mixed with the trapped feeling of Gilbert. Mine is not the same trap and the responsibilities are not the same, but the feeling of being stuck on a hamster wheel is similar to what I imagine Gilbert would be feeling.

Character I'd rather be like: Roux / Captain Jack. No questions about that one. They are both pretty much the same .. sort of .. except Captain Jack is lucky and kind of weird, while Roux is more down to earth. But, I really like what they both have .. the ability to just go. I like to have a place to call home, but I also like to venture. What better way than to take home with me? .. like Roux and Captain Jack, do. Or like a snail. Or a hermet crab. Never mind. I think I'll stick to Roux and Captain Jack. Either one could almost do by himself, but I'd like to combine the best qualities of each, and add the freedom .. both physically and in spirit.
"I just don't, ya know, I mean, I just don't dance. Ya know. - - I don't get it. - - It's not my thing." -- Johnny Depp ("It Came From Baltimore" on the "Cry Baby" DVD)

Captain Jack: "Well . . There is a chest."
Norrington: "Oh Dear."

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:56 pm

This is a tough one. :perplexed: When I first heard the idea I thought it would be easy. But the more thought I gave the questions I realized I’m a combination of the two questions. My favorite characters are CJS, Sands and Gilbert. So why are they my favorites? I love their rebel spirit, their individuality and their focus. Gilbert and CJS are loyal (can’t really go there with Sands unless you consider his loyalty to his own plots and schemes… :lol: ) CJS and Sands are adventurous, sort of “damn the torpedos” types. I think I am a little of those things but maybe not as much as I would like to be or maybe was at one time but have lost a bit. And then I think of sweet Sam, inquisitive Ichabod and so many of the others and I have come to the conclusion that there are parts of me in all the characters and parts of me that wish they were like the characters but each one has some trait that pulls me in and I relate to. How is that for an answer that isn't really an answer? :banghead:
Last edited by DeppInTheHeartOfTexas on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:56 pm

b.p. olive, :welcome: to ONBC. I like the Roux/CJS combo. It's a nice combo of all the right qualities--at least for me.

rustyred

Unread postby rustyred » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:59 pm

Tonight of all nights - I pop in - What a profond question - I absolutley love it!

Question one: everyone will think I should be :capnjack: for obvious reasons. It is with whom I can most enjoyably banter.
BUT - I'd have to say I'm more like Fred
Scientific,analytical, shy, keeping to oneself and hiding ones emotions.

Now comes the tough part - who I would like to be.
Roux - a free spirit, not held down to a 9 - 5 job, creative, intelligent, calm, handy :blush: sincere, oh so loyal, loving and drop dead gorgeous ( not required - sorry :capnjack: )

Now I'm off to really think about it.
Do you like me........now?

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:59 pm

That's too many characters there, DITHOT. Tsk. Tsk. :capnjack: :razz:

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:03 pm

Hiya Noodlemantras

I have taken the tests on different sites to see which character I am. I have had 2 different results. the first time I took one they said I was Ed Wood. I was baffled by that. I certainly dont want to be aman but I think the resemblence is the energetic positive side that I try to maintain. Finding the glass half full rather than half empty is what Ed & I have in common. He doesnt give up and I dont when its something I really wnat or believe in. The second time I took the test I was Sam. I dont think that I am as sweet as Sam is. I have this darkness on the inside that doesnt appear to often but believe me its there. It comes out while driving behind trucks :grr: I think Sam & I have old fashion love in our hearts. I try to see the good in people & most of the time find it. Even when the most awful sides are shown most of the time. I am a romantic & I like to think that everything has a reason. I live for the moment & try not to take to much in this life to seriously.

Who would I like to be more like? :-? I would have to say Gilbert Grape. He is a person that puts everyone else first. :smiliewithhearts:
Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:03 pm

Hey, there rr! That's a pretty good answer for not really thinking about it!

Liz, did I push the envelope there? I told you I liked the rebel types...
:grin:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:03 pm

Hi Rusty. :wave: Nice to see you here. Now for my answer....

Allow me to be frank. I’m the most like the Earl. :libertine: I didn’t realize it until the idea for this thread came up. And I don’t really like to have to admit it. But it’s true.

• I’m a rebel

• I like to shock

• I feel everything too deeply

• I come from an artistic point of view

• I want what I can’t have

• I’m selfish

• Sometimes I take risks

• I try to be honest (although sometimes I’m not) and expect honesty from others

• But mostly I always go too far…..

Luckily I am not totally like the Earl. I see myself as a combo of Edward and Wilmot. How I am like Edward:

• Loyal

• An innocent, in a way

• Trusting

• I want to please (which works against the rebel factor in Wilmot)

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:04 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Hey, there rr! That's a pretty good answer for not really thinking about it!

As one rebel to another, Partner, I'll forgive you this time. :highfive:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:06 pm

Liz wrote:
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Hey, there rr! That's a pretty good answer for not really thinking about it!

As one rebel to another, Partner, I'll forgive you this time. :highfive:

No wonder we work so well together! :highfive:

Wow! What a ride!

Kittycat88

Unread postby Kittycat88 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:08 pm

Johnny Character I am most like is probably a combination of Don Juan DeMarco and Fred Abberline. Weird combo !

I belive in love at first sight & everlasting love - I am a helpless and hopeful romantic. Always will be.

I also have a very dark side which comes from past issues. I have been known to over-medicate, but I have always taken my obligations at work very very seriously.

Who I would most liketo be more like: Easy, Roux - he is so laid back and accepting of life. He doesnt fight it. He just crawls into it. I make life too hard on myself..so I would like to be more like Roux
I have finally found a way to live just like I never could before.
I have finally found a way to live in the presence of the lord ~ E. Clapton

Return to “The Monday Night Thread”