Monday Night Thread (Early) - Remembering Hunter

Moderator: Liz

User avatar
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:43 pm
Location: Austin

Status: Offline

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:41 pm

deedee wrote: The going out to dinner was planned last week by 6 of us, the 70 or so other people all joining in the toast was strickly their idea. We had no idea who these people were...


deedee, that is an awesome tribute to the man. It shows you just how widespread his influence was. VERY
:cool:

SavvyTBird wrote: That's what so neat about being a writer.... His works will live on... As long as there's someone who'll read it...


I think his works will become more and more important and the power of his ideas will only continue to grow. At least that is my hope.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

SavvyTBird
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:04 pm
Location: Hills of east TN

Status: Offline

Unread postby SavvyTBird » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:44 pm

deedee wrote:The going out to dinner was planned last week by 6 of us, the 70 or so other people all joining in the toast was strickly their idea. We had no idea who these people were....


Hay, Deedee? Was that police officer one of the officers who were at the park when you were howling at the moon for in tribute to Hunter, last year? :cool:
Savvy TBird

?
X

SavvyTBird
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:04 pm
Location: Hills of east TN

Status: Offline

Unread postby SavvyTBird » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:48 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:
SavvyTBird wrote: That's what so neat about being a writer.... His works will live on... As long as there's someone who'll read it...


I think his works will become more and more important and the power of his ideas will only continue to grow. At least that is my hope.


We need more who will put it all on the line for the truth.... There's to many cover ups these days..... Need more Hunters. Not only that..... But they need an outlet, so folks like me, can find them and read it.... I'm in the boonies... LOL!
Savvy TBird



?

X

User avatar
deedee
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:49 pm
Location: richmond,va
Contact:

Status: Offline

Unread postby deedee » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:53 pm

Liz, you did it again...your picture above made me think..the Gonzo fist like a beacon in the night, through the darkness and turmoil there it is shining brightly, showing us the perverbial way home. Thanks
SavvyT-bird...yup one of them. They ain't all bad. He's a big Hunter fan,on and off the sport pages.
"Those who do not like you fall into two catagories..the stupid and the envious."

User avatar
Liz
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 12971
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:13 pm
Location: The Left Coast

Status: Offline

Unread postby Liz » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:00 pm

deedee wrote:Liz, you did it again...your picture above made me think..the Gonzo fist like a beacon in the night, through the darkness and turmoil there it is shining brightly, showing us the perverbial way home. Thanks
SavvyT-bird...yup one of them. They ain't all bad. He's a big Hunter fan,on and off the sport pages.


And Deedee, now you made me cry again. :tear: That's OK. It's a good kind of cry.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

User avatar
KYwoman
Posts: 5958
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:26 pm
Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson

Status: Offline

Unread postby KYwoman » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:01 pm

deedee, you go girl! What a way to remember the man! GONZO lives, to be sure. It's amazing to see Hunter's legacy live on in others. You did the man proud. It makes me wonder how Johnny spent today.

Everyone had such touching things to say and I too was weepy today and couldn't for the life of me figure out why. I think I know now.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." :motorcycle:

SavvyTBird
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:04 pm
Location: Hills of east TN

Status: Offline

Unread postby SavvyTBird » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:10 pm

deedee wrote:SavvyT-bird...yup one of them. They ain't all bad. He's a big Hunter fan,on and off the sport pages.


AHH! That's cool! :blush: I'm glad to hear that you've been able to keep up with him.... There's quit a few down here in the south that can fit that bill also... Nice to know... :cool:
Savvy TBird



?

X

User avatar
CarrieKY
Posts: 2424
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Northern Kentucky ~ Cincinnati

Status: Offline

Unread postby CarrieKY » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:11 pm

Deedee, I'm so glad to hear that you still see your policeman! What a legacy...to meet the man of your dreams while howling at the moon to celebrate Hunter!

Alas, I don't have any Chivas tonight (thank goodness!) but I'll raise my glass of Diet Coke to all my buds here at the Zone.

:noodlemantra:

And...to Johnny and Anita.
Last edited by CarrieKY on Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KYwoman
Posts: 5958
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:26 pm
Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson

Status: Offline

Unread postby KYwoman » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:13 pm

CarrieKY wrote:Deedee, I'm so glad to hear that you still see your policeman! What a legacy...to meet the man of your dreams while howling at the moon to celebrate Hunter!

Alas, I don't have any Chivas tonight (thank goodness!) but I'll raise my glass of Diet Coke to all my buds here at the Zone.

:noodlemantra:


Back at ya CarrieKY! :toastingpirates:
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." :motorcycle:

SavvyTBird
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:04 pm
Location: Hills of east TN

Status: Offline

Unread postby SavvyTBird » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:20 pm

[quote="KYwoman"] It makes me wonder how Johnny spent today. quote]

Now there's the million dollor question... :-? How did he hold up... Great friends are hard to come by... esp one who you count as family.... :-/

I was watching [url]Inside Actors Studio[/url] were Johnny was talking about living with Hunter for a couple months... He stayed in his basement called "the dungeon".... LOL! He was discribing the fun that they had.... Wow.... You could see that Hunter ment alot to him.... So sad.... :-/
Savvy TBird



?

X

SavvyTBird
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:04 pm
Location: Hills of east TN

Status: Offline

Unread postby SavvyTBird » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:22 pm

KYwoman wrote:
CarrieKY wrote:Deedee, I'm so glad to hear that you still see your policeman! What a legacy...to meet the man of your dreams while howling at the moon to celebrate Hunter!

Alas, I don't have any Chivas tonight (thank goodness!) but I'll raise my glass of Diet Coke to all my buds here at the Zone.

:noodlemantra:


Back at ya CarrieKY! :toastingpirates:


Here, here... Here's To ALL! Hunter and Zoners alike...
Savvy TBird



?

X

User avatar
Liz
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 12971
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:13 pm
Location: The Left Coast

Status: Offline

Unread postby Liz » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:22 pm

CarrieKY wrote:Deedee, I'm so glad to hear that you still see your policeman! What a legacy...to meet the man of your dreams while howling at the moon to celebrate Hunter!


Me too. :cool:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

User avatar
Liz
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 12971
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:13 pm
Location: The Left Coast

Status: Offline

Unread postby Liz » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:23 pm

SavvyTBird wrote:
KYwoman wrote:
CarrieKY wrote:Deedee, I'm so glad to hear that you still see your policeman! What a legacy...to meet the man of your dreams while howling at the moon to celebrate Hunter!

Alas, I don't have any Chivas tonight (thank goodness!) but I'll raise my glass of Diet Coke to all my buds here at the Zone.

:noodlemantra:


Back at ya CarrieKY! :toastingpirates:


Here, here... Here's To ALL! Hunter and Zoners alike...


I've got my ice with a little Chivas.......Cheers Everyone! :toastingpirates:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

User avatar
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:43 pm
Location: Austin

Status: Offline

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:26 pm

:toastingpirates:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

User avatar
deppdevoted
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:21 pm
Location: I'm currently lost, sorry

Status: Offline

Unread postby deppdevoted » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:32 pm

I have not been fortunate yet to read one of the Doctor's works (school reading has kept me all too busy), but with my soon to be here birthday Monday I plan to go to the bookstore and purchase several of his works. I have a strong feeling I will enjoy them. It is clear that Hunter was and is a very special, talented person. Rest In Peace. :lilyrose:


Return to “The Monday Night Thread”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest