MONDAY NIGHT THREAD - Upcoming Projects

Moderator: Liz

jdfan

Unread postby jdfan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:01 pm

:blush: I haven't read any of those books.

Wasn't there a rumor about Tom Mix? Do I have the right name?
I'm cooler online-Brad Paisley

luvdepp

Unread postby luvdepp » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:11 pm

Evening everyone!

I am most looking forward to Shantaram, as I see alot of you are! The first book that I read relating to Johnny though, was The Diving Bell and the Butterfly and I would love to see that film get made too. I was so moved by the book and have always thought Johnny could do such a wonderful job with the role. I guess the other one I'm really looking forward to would be The Rum Diary. Anything relating to Hunter has to be great!
"So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself, who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on the shore and merely existed." ~HST~

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:14 pm

jdfan wrote::blush: I haven't read any of those books.

Tom Mix? The singing cowboy? Now that would be interesting! :-O

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

neophyte

Unread postby neophyte » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:43 pm

Sneaking right on in here...

We all know which one I DON'T want JD to do, lol!**

Since Shantaram seems to be moving in the right direction, I'm looking forward to that one. Rum Diary's another I'd like to see done - as well as Ginger Man.

I'm still holding out for MWKDon Quixote and Good Omens. Hope springs eternal.

**No I, Fatty, please Johnny!!!!!
"There is no King, who, with sufficient force, is not always ready to make himself absolute."
---Thomas Jefferson

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:51 pm

Hey there, neophyte! Glad you snuck in... :investigate: Which one you don't want? Hmmmm... I think I have an idea? :lol:

Forgot about Good Omens...
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

luvdepp

Unread postby luvdepp » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:56 pm

neophyte wrote:
I'm still holding out for MWKDon Quixote and Good Omens. Hope springs eternal.

Oh good ones neophyte! I would love to see both of those films get made! I read Good Omens the whole time picturing Johnny as Crawley! LOL
"So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself, who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on the shore and merely existed." ~HST~

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:28 am

Neophyte, it might be worth it if he plays Buster. :grin:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Johnny Fan

Unread postby Johnny Fan » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:57 am

Johnny definitely has some great projects lined up...

If I had to choose which one I would like to see him star in next, I guess it would have to be Sweeney Todd. I love musicals, have always wanted to hear Johnny sing, and would give anything to see another Johnny Depp/Tim Burton collaboration. I'll admit the story sounds a little...bizarre, but then again, Tim Burton's movies usually are pretty strange!

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly would be my second choice because I'm curious to see how Johnny would handle that type of role.

Shantaram is a close third choice, even though I still haven't finished reading it yet (I like what I have read so far though). Peter Weir has directed some excellent films, and I feel he's a great choice for this material.

I wouldn't mind seeing A Long Way Down or Inamorata happen either. The plots of both novels sound interesting, and I hope to find the time to read them soon.

And I'm still trying to hold out hope for the possibility of The Man Who Killed Don Quixote or Good Omens because I would like to see Johnny work with Terry Gilliam again. TMWKDQ looked very promising, and Good Omens could be very amusing to see (I loved the Robin Williams/Johnny Depp casting idea from a few years ago-I would love to see them act together in a film).

Okay, I realize I just named almost every film Johnny has planned for the next few years. Sorry about that...It's so hard for me to choose though. All of these projects sound great, and I think they all have the potential to be amazing. Especially with Johnny involved!
"Breath. We tend not to think much about it. Each one is a blessing--every inhale, every exhale." -Johnny Depp

neophyte

Unread postby neophyte » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:48 am

Neophyte, it might be worth it if he plays Buster.

I'd like to see him play Buster opposite an accurate Roscoe, otherwise I'd rather have no Buster 'tall!

(I loved the Robin Williams/Johnny Depp casting idea from a few years ago-I would love to see them act together in a film)

My dream Omens cast is JD as Crowley, Eddie Izzard as Aziraphale, and Robin Williams as Shadwell. Haven't quite decided on the female roles yet, lol! (They're coming out with a new hardcover edition of it - did ya know?)

"You can't second-guess ineffability, I always say."
"There is no King, who, with sufficient force, is not always ready to make himself absolute."

---Thomas Jefferson

jdfan

Unread postby jdfan » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:05 am

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:

Think so DITHT. :-O It was posted as a rumor on the zone last year. At one time there was talk of making the Stephanie Plum books into a movie(s). There was a discussion about which male role we wanted JD to play.
I'm cooler online-Brad Paisley

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:27 am

jdfan wrote:
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:

Think so DITHT. :-O It was posted as a rumor on the zone last year. At one time there was talk of making the Stephanie Plum books into a movie(s). There was a discussion about which male role we wanted JD to play.

I missed that rumor completely, jdfan! That one takes some getting used to! Interesting possibilities!

Wow! What a ride!

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:00 am

Shantaram although still can't visulaise Johnny bieng Lin, but if that what he's doing. I also want to see him do Diving Bell. I would be interested what his involvement is in Inamorata, is he planning on being in it or just producing. I wonder how much of those projects that his company will be producing Johnny will actively be involved in .
Btw did anyone else see Robert Rodriguez at the GG's he had his hat on :lol: he was with Jessica Alba or at her table.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:24 am

I missed seeing RR! Not surprising he had the hat on though, it seems to be glued to his head! He must have been sitting with some of the folks from Sin City. Wish he had been at Johnny's table, then we would have something to get excited about!

Wow! What a ride!

Bix

Unread postby Bix » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:52 am

I don't know why I'm having so much trouble remembering the Monday night thread while it's Monday night, but I am. :blush: But I'll go ahead and weigh in late. Shantaram is the project I am most eager to see go forward next. I'm really looking forward to it. I guess Rum Diary would be my second choice, although I am becoming very intrigued with The Ginger Man. And I also loved Good Omens, which I read when I was lurking here and someone mentioned it.

GG, I'm glad you mentioned seeing RR at the Globes. I saw him too, but never heard his name mentioned or anything. But there is no mistaking that height or that hat! I think you are right, DITHOT, that he was with the Sin City group.
Live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! ~Auntie Mame

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:07 pm

Bix, we just call it the Monday Night Thread because we have to call it something and it starts on Monday Night. You can't be late though since we seem to keep it alive for most of the week! :parrot:
I can see that I'm going to have to order Good Omens...
:noodlemantra:

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “The Monday Night Thread”