Most Definately Shantaram!!!! :bounce: :bounce:
Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:58 pm

theresa wrote:
DeepinDepp wrote: I know it wasn't mentioned but I still hope that Johnny will make his way into one of the Sin City sequels...actually I'd just like to see Johnny work with Robert again.

Me, too -- especially if they film anything here in Texas, or have the premiere here. :hope:

And I would conveniently have to go and visit my dear friends in Texas at that time.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:11 pm

Liz wrote:
theresa wrote:
DeepinDepp wrote: I know it wasn't mentioned but I still hope that Johnny will make his way into one of the Sin City sequels...actually I'd just like to see Johnny work with Robert again.

Me, too -- especially if they film anything here in Texas, or have the premiere here. :hope:

And I would conveniently have to go and visit my dear friends in Texas at that time.

Well I should hope so! :bounce: I'm keeping up my Austin Film Society membership just in case!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Kittycat88

Unread postby Kittycat88 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:15 pm

I wonder if the are going to film Immorata in Philadelphia. We are a very film friendly town. Scorcese and other big directors have filmed here. Its always a blast.

I wonder if JD is planning on being in Immorata...wow if it filmed her...wow...you're all invited to come stay at my house !!!
I have finally found a way to live just like I never could before.
I have finally found a way to live in the presence of the lord ~ E. Clapton

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:18 pm

Kittycat88 wrote:I wonder if the are going to film Immorata in Philadelphia. We are a very film friendly town. Scorcese and other big directors have filmed here. Its always a blast.

I wonder if JD is planning on being in Immorata...wow if it filmed her...wow...you're all invited to come stay at my house !!!

I'm taking you up on that Kittycat. :grin: Well done on that ad, BTW. :cool:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Larkwoodgirl

Unread postby Larkwoodgirl » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:20 pm

I am in for Shantaram also. I think it will be an unbelievably fantastic film.

I agree with wanting to see Johnny work with RR again. It will make some for some fun and interesting footage.

Oddly enough though, I would like to see Johnny change pace a bit and do something with Clint Eastwood. Eastwood's movies are always very gritty and poignant and powerful. I think that combination would fit Johnny extremely well.
""We shall never cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T.S. Eliot

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:24 pm

Kittycat, you are on for Philly! :bounce:

Larkwoodgirl, that is interesting about Clint Eastwood. Rolling that one around in my brain...
:-)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Larkwoodgirl

Unread postby Larkwoodgirl » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:26 pm

Kittycat88 wrote:I wonder if the are going to film Immorata in Philadelphia. We are a very film friendly town. Scorcese and other big directors have filmed here. Its always a blast.

Count me in! The ad rocked!!
Last edited by Larkwoodgirl on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
""We shall never cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T.S. Eliot

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:27 pm

Hi Larkwood. :wave: It's been a while. I had never thought of Johnny and Clint working together before, but I think you are on to something there. I've been very impressed with Clint's last couple of films.

Larkwoodgirl

Unread postby Larkwoodgirl » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:30 pm

Liz wrote:Hi Larkwood. :wave: It's been a while. I had never thought of Johnny and Clint working together before, but I think you are on to something there. I've been very impressed with Clint's last couple of films.

I have been so busy with my son and his ongoing events. I plan to be in the Inamorata discussion though. I am almost through reading it.

cait

Unread postby cait » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:32 pm

Liz wrote:Cait, it's a long one, but worth the read.

That's what I've heard and it's keeping me motivated to finish! :cool:
Dirt...this is a jar of dirt.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:39 pm

Larkwoodgirl wrote:
Liz wrote:Hi Larkwood. :wave: It's been a while. I had never thought of Johnny and Clint working together before, but I think you are on to something there. I've been very impressed with Clint's last couple of films.

I have been so busy with my son and his ongoing events. I plan to be in the Inamorata discussion though. I am almost through reading it.

I look forward to seeing you during the discussion. :cool:

QueenofKings

Unread postby QueenofKings » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:47 pm

I am very much looking forward to Shantaram. And also The Rum Diary.

And, Kittycat, save a space for me in Philly, because I will be there with bells on! :cloud9: (The ad looked great!
:bounce: )

bluebird

Unread postby bluebird » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:52 pm

QueenofKings wrote:I am very much looking forward to Shantaram. And also The Rum Diary.

And, Kittycat, save a space for me in Philly, because I will be there with bells on! :cloud9: (The ad looked great!
:bounce: )

I'll just ditto QofK....Shantaram and The Rum Diary...and Kittycat, too. Thanks for your efforts with the ad....and I'm not far from you, so save space for me, too!

bluebird
The edge … there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. HST

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:57 pm

We seem to be unanimous about Shantaram and TRD. :disco: ..Those are such wonderfully written books that the films will be absolutely mega..I'm also hopeing that Johnny may come to Oz for some of the filming...the only chance for us Aussies and Kiwis to p'raps meet him..I also want him to do TGM..It's my current favourite..lots of 'meaty ' scenes in it..Now Johnny ,you have to take off more than your hat ... :flirt: :grin:
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

Return to “The Monday Night Thread”