MONDAY NIGHT THREAD - Upcoming Projects

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:42 pm

bluebird wrote:Nebraska wrote:
And bring on a repeat of Sheldon Jeffrey Sands!! maybe that would be best of all.

It only took 9 days of filming to create Sands....can you imagine what an entire movie of him would be like???? :bounce: :bounce:

I agree. Bring on Sands!!!

bluebird

I'm not sure I would survive it, bluebird! :stretcher: But I'd be willing to try! :slick:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Johnny Fan

Unread postby Johnny Fan » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:05 am

bluebird wrote:Nebraska wrote:
And bring on a repeat of Sheldon Jeffrey Sands!! maybe that would be best of all.

It only took 9 days of filming to create Sands....can you imagine what an entire movie of him would be like???? :bounce: :bounce:

I agree. Bring on Sands!!!

bluebird

Oops, I completely forgot to mention how much I would LOVE to see a OUATIM prequel with Agent Sands in my earlier post. :dunce:

I agree with you though, DITHOT...I may have trouble surviving that if it happened. :thud:
"Breath. We tend not to think much about it. Each one is a blessing--every inhale, every exhale." -Johnny Depp

dharma_bum

Unread postby dharma_bum » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:05 am

We deppinately have an accord...

Shantaram... no question, no doubt.

Am I the only one that thinks Sweeny Todd is a ruse? Every few years he and Tim throw out a completely outrageous project to see if it floats. The last one I remember was Geek Love... that one sank. My fear is Sweeny Todd will swim. (Hope JD starts those singing lessons soon.)
"You can't broom out your head. You certainly can't broom out your heart. And there's a hot wire between them, and everything shows in the eyes."
—Johnny Depp

Endora

Unread postby Endora » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:38 am

dharma_bum wrote:We deppinately have an accord...

Shantaram... no question, no doubt.

Am I the only one that thinks Sweeny Todd is a ruse? Every few years he and Tim throw out a completely outrageous project to see if it floats. The last one I remember was Geek Love... that one sank. My fear is Sweeny Todd will swim. (Hope JD starts those singing lessons soon.)

I'm glad that someone has the same thoughts as me about Sweeney Todd, d_b. The whole idea makes me want to scream "Don't do it Johnny!" I hope it is one of those outrageous projects.

And I too had forgotten Sands. I'd love to see a prequel, or maybe Sands could turn up as a character in Sin City 2. It would be his sort of place.
Work hard, learn well, and make peace with the fact that you'll never be as cool as Johnny Depp. GQ.

Solace in the flood

Ventoux

Unread postby Ventoux » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:55 am

Also Shantaram, that is defiantly #1 for me. #2 would have to be The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, sounds like Johnny's kind of movie.(guess they all do in someway). BTW, I never head about I' Fatty,*bows head in shame* can someone plase fill me in?

Oddly enough though, I would like to see Johnny change pace a bit and do something with Clint Eastwood. Eastwood's movies are always very gritty and poignant and powerful. I think that combination would fit Johnny extremely well.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more, I love CE's movies and to have him and Johnny working together would be an absolute dream come true for me...
"With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be, otherwise it's just not acting. It's lying."
- Johnny Depp on his acting technique.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:47 am

Ventoux, I, Fatty is a book that was optioned by Johnny's production company. It is a fictional account of the life of Roscoe Arbuckle who was a silent film star in the 1920's. ONBC discussed the book last year and you can check it out in the archives if you are interested. We don't know that Johnny will have a role in the film, just that his company will produce it.

Endora, Sands would fit in perfectly in Sin City! Hope RR is listening!

dharma, I had the thought that Sweeney Todd could be a ruse too. I could see them tackling the story, but not as a musical!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Kate the Elder

Unread postby Kate the Elder » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:05 pm

Sorry to be tardy on this great subject. Naturally I'd pay to watch Johnny wash windows, but I've been thinking lately I'd adore seeing him on stage.

Last Saturday, our family screened the delightful classic Arsenic & Old Lace w/Mr. Perfection, Cary Grant. This hilarious production originated as a stage play, & we all came to the consensus JD would be ideal in the lead role of Mortimer Brewster. Another Mort, albeit quite different from Secret Window !

Our boys (9 & 11) in particular had great fun imagining Johnny tackling the physical comedy, pratfalls, double-takes & manic facial expressions. Since reading about JD & Tim collaborating on Sweeney Todd (please, no), I've been fantasizing about them throwing that one overboard in favor of a revival -- on stage! -- of Arsenic. With Tim's darkly comic sensibilities & Johnny's supreme gift for charming exasperation, it could be a joy.
"Don't be afraid to go out on a limb. That's where the best fruit is." Mark Twain

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:03 pm

I would love to see Johnny on stage one day! He would be wonderful in that role, Kate! His sense of comedic timing and physical grace and ability...perfect! :cool:

Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:15 pm

Jeez, I hope Sweeney Todd is a ruse. I can't imagine. :eyebrow:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

karla

Re: MONDAY NIGHT THREAD - Upcoming Projects

Unread postby karla » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:19 pm

Liz wrote::welcome: Noodlemantras to the Monday Night Thread. It’s nice to be back here after missing a week. :-D But when there is live hot Johnny, priorities change. :thud: And speaking of priorities…..

Johnny’s rumored upcoming projects:

The Rum Diary
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Shantaram
I, Fatty
The Whiskey Robber
Inamorata
A Long Way Down
The Ginger Man
The People's Act of Love
Sweeney Todd
Wuthering Heights

AMAZING, ISN’T IT? :-O

Which one would you like to see as his next project?

Do we know which of the projects Johnny has actually committed or stated that he will act in. I am aware of
Shantaram
The Rum Diary
The Diving Bell

any others?

Also we need to add "The Bomb in My Garden" and "Happy Days" to his list of projects - at least he has the rights to them.

Oh and favorite books of the above....Shantaram, Rum Diary, and Whiskey Robber - Johnny would be great in all of them.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Re: MONDAY NIGHT THREAD - Upcoming Projects

Unread postby Liz » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:37 am

karla wrote:
Liz wrote::welcome: Noodlemantras to the Monday Night Thread. It’s nice to be back here after missing a week. :-D But when there is live hot Johnny, priorities change. :thud: And speaking of priorities…..

Johnny’s rumored upcoming projects:

The Rum Diary
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Shantaram
I, Fatty
The Whiskey Robber
Inamorata
A Long Way Down
The Ginger Man
The People's Act of Love
Sweeney Todd
Wuthering Heights

AMAZING, ISN’T IT? :-O

Which one would you like to see as his next project?

Do we know which of the projects Johnny has actually committed or stated that he will act in. I am aware of
Shantaram
The Rum Diary
The Diving Bell

any others?

Also we need to add "The Bomb in My Garden" and "Happy Days" to his list of projects - at least he has the rights to them.

Oh and favorite books of the above....Shantaram, Rum Diary, and Whiskey Robber - Johnny would be great in all of them.

Karla, I knew I'd forget some. :banghead:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Return to “The Monday Night Thread”