MONDAY NIGHT THREAD - Upcoming Projects

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

MONDAY NIGHT THREAD - Upcoming Projects

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:04 pm

:welcome: Noodlemantras to the Monday Night Thread. It’s nice to be back here after missing a week. :-D But when there is live hot Johnny, priorities change. :thud: And speaking of priorities…..

Johnny’s rumored upcoming projects:

The Rum Diary
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Shantaram
I, Fatty
The Whiskey Robber
Inamorata
A Long Way Down
The Ginger Man
The People's Act of Love
Sweeney Todd
Wuthering Heights

AMAZING, ISN’T IT? :-O

Which one would you like to see as his next project?
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

KYwoman
Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson

Unread postby KYwoman » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:08 pm

Evening everyone! :wave:

That's an easy one Liz, SHANTARAM, of course. I am really looking forward to seeing that one made. It will be quite the epic. Also, I'd love love love to see the Rum Diary, fingers crossed it happens, and I hope it includes the talents of Benicio Del Toro. Next, I guess The Long Way Down.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." :motorcycle:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:16 pm

It's Shantaram for me too, KY--especially today after reviewing our discussion of Shantaram. I've been reviewing it because I'm hosting my hometown book club Wednesday night for a Shantaram discussion. I had forgotten just how good that book was. :applause:

But I'm also looking forward to TRD. I feel like I've been waiting for that since I found the Zone over 2 years ago.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:21 pm

I'd love to see everything that Johnny appears in...

But numero uno is Shantaram. That one is going to be fantastic!

Second, I think The Diving Bell and the Butterfly because I love to see Johnny in a movie that celebrates life.

And third, The Whiskey Robber because Johnny could really have a lot of fun with it -- and if Johnny has fun, we have fun.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:24 pm

theresa wrote: and if Johnny has fun, we have fun.

I'll agree with that! :disco:

cait

Unread postby cait » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:24 pm

Shantaram for me too, even though I still haven't finished the book. :blush: I read a chunk of it over Christmas and plan to pick it up again once exams are done in the spring. I hate leaving it but I want to have time to sit down and read it.

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly is another one I'd love to see him do. I read the memoir in the summer and I'm very interested to see what he'd do with the role.
Dirt...this is a jar of dirt.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:35 pm

Cait, it's a long one, but worth the read.

Betty Sue

Unread postby Betty Sue » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:41 pm

Shantaram will be so awesome, but I also really hope Johnny will break out in song and dance in Sweeney Todd....thought he might be hinting about that in his People's Choice acceptance. I'm a big fan of musicals and think Johnny can do anything well! :music:
"I never wanted to be remembered for being a star."

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:52 pm

Betty Sue wrote:Shantaram will be so awesome, but I also really hope Johnny will break out in song and dance in Sweeney Todd....thought he might be hinting about that in his People's Choice acceptance. I'm a big fan of musicals and think Johnny can do anything well! :music:

His acceptance speeches always seem to have some hidden message, don't they? Sweeney Todd could be interesting. That's for sure.

DeepinDepp

Unread postby DeepinDepp » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:52 pm

So many tasty projects to choose from....do I have to pick just one? :grin: I am highly anticipating Shantaram, anxious for the Rum Diary. Like KyWoman fingers are crossed Benicio will star along with Johnny in the Rum Diary. I know it wasn't mentioned but I still hope that Johnny will make his way into one of the Sin City sequels...actually I'd just like to see Johnny work with Robert again.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:54 pm

Shantaram for me is definitely #1. After that TRD and TDB&TB. But then Ginger Man looks really interesting as does Whiskey Robber, A Long Way Down, Inamorta and I, Fatty. Did If forget anyting? :lol: From the little snippet I have read of The People's Act of Love that one sounds intereting too. BettySue, I can defintiely see Tim and Johnny working together on the story of Sweeney Todd and I love musicals too, but I have trouble picturing Johnny belting out Stephen Sondheim! :sing:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:54 pm

DeepinDepp wrote:So many tasty projects to choose from....do I have to pick just one? :grin: I am highly anticipating Shantaram, anxious for the Rum Diary. Like KyWoman fingers are crossed Benicio will star along with Johnny in the Rum Diary. I know it wasn't mentioned but I still hope that Johnny will make his way into one of the Sin City sequels...actually I'd just like to see Johnny work with Robert again.

I would like to see that too, DiD. Maybe a sequel to OUATIM? :lol:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:55 pm

Deep, that is my fondest wish as well. RR and Johnny together again. How about a prequel to OUATIM? :giddy:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:56 pm

DeepinDepp wrote: I know it wasn't mentioned but I still hope that Johnny will make his way into one of the Sin City sequels...actually I'd just like to see Johnny work with Robert again.

Me, too -- especially if they film anything here in Texas, or have the premiere here. :hope:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:56 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Deep, that is my fondest wish as well. RR and Johnny together again. How about a prequel to OUATIM? :giddy:

There ya go. Much better choice.

Return to “The Monday Night Thread”