Monday Night Thread ~ Welcome to 2006!

Moderator: Liz

Sioux

Unread postby Sioux » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:56 am

Nebraska, I add my thoughts to the others. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I echo the feelings here that I don't do resolutions, but goals are cool. I've begun to head toward my goal of trying to live a more mindful life. I'm planning to change things in my life to live a more 'green' lifestyle, to leave a smaller footprint on the Earth, to become more spiritual and giving, and to deepen my yoga and meditation practise. It's been a difficult thing to begin, but worthwhile. I even started a blog to keep me 'honest', LOL. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to encourage someone else to do the same.

Namaste, :chill:
Sioux
I pretty much try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face ~ J.D.

"Nobody move! I've dropped me brain!"

Carasun

Unread postby Carasun » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:58 am

Happy New Year to all of you!

I am a bit late for happy new year greatings, because my year startet not so good and very stressfully! But It's okay now!
I don't want to make any resolutions, because it don't work every year!
I only have some whises:

- I like to live the way I feel this year...and say *NO* when I don't want to do a thing! ;-)
- I wish that 2006 will be getting a bit better than 2005 was.
- I agree with you ibbi - I must stop collecting anything and have to through away many many things ( magazines :-O )!!! Maybe this will be my resolution for this year - hope it works!! :-?
- I hope I could watch the Libertine into the cinemas - that's a big whish!
- Of course, my biggest whish is to see Johnny in person - only watching at him - nothing more! :please:

- Nebraska I'm so sorry to hear that about the twins. This makes me feel very sad - this will be very hard for parents, my prayers are with you!
- Congratulation Theresa 25 years with the same company ! Respect!

I hope 2006 will bring you all the best and what you want!
:love: Carasun
We are are the world - let's care and keep it in good condition!
Help wherever you cani ~ find your fundraiser

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:39 am

Sioux, those are great goals and you never know what life you may touch out there.. :cool:

Carasun, it's never too late to send out good wishes! Happy New Year to you and all the best in 2006!
:bounce:

luvdepp... :thumbsup: to more Johnny adventures or just plain old adventures! Thanks for being part of mine last year! The best way I have found to declutter is move! :lol:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

SamIam

Unread postby SamIam » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:30 pm

kristen wrote:2006? I'm graduating! High school, that is - so this year is gonna be a BIG one for me. I'll be moving down to central Florida to stay with some family members while I go to school, so that's gonna be a pretty big step. :omg:

The Libertine! On Friday the 13th (my lucky day and number) I'll hopefully be sitting in a theater feasting my eyes on Mr. Depp's latest movie - and in exactly two weeks from tonight, let's hope we're all crowded in here on the Zone to report about the Golden Globes ceremony! I hope Johnny shows, and if he's with Vanessa, then it will be doubly wonderful. Can't wait for that weekend!

I can't think of much else at the moment, but in terms of Johnny, let's hope we get plenty of press coverage and new interviews with Johnny for Pirates 2. :cool: Other than that, I wish everyone a happy and healthy year, full of fun times at the ONBC and the Zone. :cool:

Congratulations Kristen! , graduating high school is a huge milestone. I remember when I graduated. It seems like it never comes. Happy New Year to you and hoping everyone has a happy healthy new year.

I am very much looking forward to seeing The Libertine. I have been waiting for this for a long time. I just I hope I can get in. I am so excited for the new discussion and everything Johnny related. It's gonna be a great year of Johnny.
Ambition without inspiration is like a boat on dry land.

the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. -Eleanor Roosevelt

ThirdArm

Unread postby ThirdArm » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:41 pm

Well, I'm certainly late for the Monday night thread. :blush:

I had a very quiet New Year's Eve. It must have been the quietest ever and I live in a noisy (noisey?) part of town and my apartment building houses a lot of students, too. I guess everyone went somewhere else to party.

We have a satellite subscription to the television so we can get an eastcoast feed 3 hours earlier, so we watched the Times Square New Year's Eve celebrations at 9pm and by midnight we were both fast asleep!

I can never keep my resolutions so I sort of stopped making them, but I think that the next several weeks will be a time of learning and growing for me and I want to make the most of it. There was a shake-up at my job and fortunately, I ended up pretty close to the top with new responsibilities. I'm looking forward to it, but also I'm a little nervous.
~No doubt the years have changed me.~

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:04 pm

I just want to say thank you for all the messages of support and concern at the sad news of the death of my granddaughter's premature twins. We had a beautiful graveside sevice today. It was wonderfull to see how much support this young couple has from family and friends. something like this certainly gives you pause to stop and think about what really matters in life!!!!

just want you all to know that I am thankful to be here and be part of such a wonderful group. Johnny attracts the best!

H2H

Unread postby H2H » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:05 pm

CharlotteinCA wrote:Well, I'm certainly late for the Monday night thread. :blush:

I had a very quiet New Year's Eve. It must have been the quietest ever and I live in a noisy (noisey?) part of town and my apartment building houses a lot of students, too. I guess everyone went somewhere else to party.

We have a satellite subscription to the television so we can get an eastcoast feed 3 hours earlier, so we watched the Times Square New Year's Eve celebrations at 9pm and by midnight we were both fast asleep!

I can never keep my resolutions so I sort of stopped making them, but I think that the next several weeks will be a time of learning and growing for me and I want to make the most of it. There was a shake-up at my job and fortunately, I ended up pretty close to the top with new responsibilities. I'm looking forward to it, but also I'm a little nervous.

Good Luck Charlotte. That sounds like a great new challenge.
Ladies....an announcement....I am up for it all the time.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:54 pm

Charlotte, good luck with the new responsibilities! Your employer must have a lot of confidence in you to put you in such a position! :cool:

nebraska, that must have meant a lot to that young couple to have so much love and support. Each day is truly a gift. :hug:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:07 pm

well it took me til Friday to get here but hey I got here.

I am just trying to do better at being healthy. As Oprah says Live your Best Life! What else is there?
Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:46 pm

Veronica wrote:well it took me til Friday to get here but hey I got here.

I am just trying to do better at being healthy. As Oprah says Live your Best Life! What else is there?

That's a great way to look at the new year and at life. Glad to see you, V. :wave:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Still-Rather-Timid

Unread postby Still-Rather-Timid » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:23 am

I'm really late, too, like Veronica,--but I've been out of town for over three weeks. Over my school breaks, I travel halfway across the country to visit my parents, who live in a skilled nursing facility, near which my family keeps an apartment. So it's nice to see the Monday night thread still active, so I can put in my two cents.

Nebraska, I am so sorry for your loss, but heartened to hear that your grandkids have such a supportive family to help them. My thoughts are with you.

My New Year didn't start very auspiciously, either, but I guess I should count my blessings. I arrived at my father's room January 1 to find him unusually groggy and lethargic, with reduced dexterity in his left hand--the only one he can use after a brain injury 3 years ago paralyzed his right side. His doctor thinks he had a ministroke, but that he should recover, and over the next 3 days, I did see a lot of evidence of his coming back: he cheered his alma mater, Penn State, in the Orange Bowl, and insisted we "live it up" on the last night of my visit, but then had trouble holding his own wine glass, which was really sad, as drinking good wine is one of the few pleasures he still has to enjoy. As Veronica quoted, "As Oprah says Live your Best Life! What else is there?," and for Oprah, as well as for my dad, drinking a Chateau Petrus every now and then is part of his best life! But the little stroke had a silver lining: now his doctor could order some more physical therapy for his hand and arm, so he should be quaffing vintage bordeaux with the best of them (and you know whom I mean by that!) again. By the time I had to leave and return home, Dad was just about back to normal (for him) again.

My New Year's resolution was to stop sleeping until noon, a habit I got into over the Christmas holiday week, and I immediately broke it New Year's Day by sleeping until one!

BrownEyesToo

Monday Night Thread ~ Welcome to 2006

Unread postby BrownEyesToo » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:47 am

Nebraska, please accept my sympathy for your family's loss. I send you a warm hug to help ease the grief.

Have really enjoyed reading all of your resolutions. Mine are the same as many of yours:

1. Lose weight (20 pounds at least). I bought a treadmill over the holidays, also some weights. Luvdep, I agree with your plan of watching JD movies while exercising--his lean body is really an incentive to get my own in shape! This leads me to my next resolution:

2. Get rid of a lot of junk so I'll have room for the treadmill. Man, do we ever have too much stuff. Nebraska, FLYlady.com has been very helpful to me as well. I highly recommend it to Zoners who are struggling with clutter.

3. Try to handle a new stage of my life with grace and good humor - this fall, my husband and I will be empty nesters, as our youngest is off to college. This is going to be a biggie.

4. Concentrate on finding the good in everyone!

5. Making a concerted effort to be thankful for what I have, and to share what I have with others.

As a newbie, I am so happy to be a Zone member and wish all of you a 2006 blessed with happiness, health and prosperity! :smiliewithhearts:
"Johnny Depp, as far as I'm concerned, is number one. Of his generation, there's no one who can touch him." Christopher Lee

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:16 am

BrownEyesToo, welcome to the Zone and to ONBC. :wave: We are so happy you joined us. We hope you can participate in a book club discussion at some point. There is still time to read our current selection--Inamorata.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:49 pm

Welcome, BrownEyesToo! Good to see you here at ONBC! I hope you will come back and join one of our discussions! :welcome:

Good to see a couple of old timers return as well. Hey there V and srt! Good to see you guys back herer! Happy New Year!
:bounce:

Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:37 pm

SRT, somehow I missed your post. I'm glad your dad is now back to normal. :cool:

Return to “The Monday Night Thread”