First Anniversary Contest Prize (SPOILERS)

Moderator: Liz

nebraska

First Anniversary Contest Prize (SPOILERS)

Unread postby nebraska » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:55 pm

My prize arrived today for first place (tied) in the ONBC first birthday trivia contest. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I received a beautiful personalized Johnny calendar and an ONBC book plate with my name on it, compliments of the artistry and skill of our wonderful moderators. These gifts are so very special because they have a unique personal touch to them. It was worth the hours and hours I spent hunting for the answers to the quiz. :dunce: (Don't kid yourself for a minute that I just "knew" the answers off the top of my head!)

Thanks to DITHOT and Liz and to all of you who expressed congratulations. :cool:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:45 pm

Nebraska, glad you like your prizes. Sorry the questions were so hard. :capnjack: We'll try to make them easier next time.

To Fansmom and Luvdepp, our other winners, we ask for your patience. Your prizes are still in the works.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

suec

Unread postby suec » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:51 pm

Congratulations on winning your lovely prizes, nebraska!
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:42 pm

thats wonderful! Congrats! :bounce:
Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:05 pm

Liz wrote:Nebraska, glad you like your prizes. Sorry the questions were so hard. :capnjack: We'll try to make them easier next time.

To Fansmom and Luvdepp, our other winners, we ask for your patience. Your prizes are still in the works.

Thus the "spoilers" in the message title.

Liz, you and DITHOT rock! :bounce:

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:58 pm

I don't mind waiting for my prize at all. I got the Life magazine in the mail from KYWoman last week, so that was a recent Johnny-fix. Mmm, so nice! :drool:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:16 pm

fansmom wrote: I got the Life magazine in the mail from KYWoman last week, so that was a recent Johnny-fix. Mmm, so nice!

Me too! :bounce: :cloud9: :bounce:

Those pictures are incredible! The scans do not do them justice. I about tripped over my tongue walking back from the mailbox! :drool: :rotflmao:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

luvdepp

Unread postby luvdepp » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:22 pm

nebraska wrote:
Liz wrote:Nebraska, glad you like your prizes. Sorry the questions were so hard. :capnjack: We'll try to make them easier next time.

Thus the "spoilers" in the message title.

Liz, you and DITHOT rock! :bounce:

I love knowing something is coming in the mail but not knowing exactly when ~ makes it all the more fun! I got a great surprise today on my doorstep from a friend ~ she found a copy of last year's People Magazine Sexiest Man Alive with our Johnny on the cover, so she dropped it off for me! YEAH! She also stuck in a kitty litter ad that says "Go Jonny Go"....HA!
"So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself, who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on the shore and merely existed." ~HST~

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:47 am

luvdepp wrote: I love knowing something is coming in the mail but not knowing exactly when ~ makes it all the more fun! I got a great surprise today on my doorstep from a friend ~ she found a copy of last year's People Magazine Sexiest Man Alive with our Johnny on the cover, so she dropped it off for me! YEAH! She also stuck in a kitty litter ad that says "Go Jonny Go"....HA!

Don't you just love those little Johnny surprises?! The day the Oprah show was on I had three people at work tell me he was on that afternoon and one person was even putting it on her tivo for me. My boss even let me leave early to go home and watch it. :angel:

I think I may be out of the closet... :blush:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

fansmom

Thank you, ONBC!

Unread postby fansmom » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:42 pm

Thank you so much, ONBC! :bounce: My trivia contest prizes arrived today: I got two bookplates, with photos of Oprah Johnny and the Libertine, and a trinket box with my avatar on the top and Captain Jack on the inside and bottom. How wonderful! The trinket box was specially made by JDOCD, who makes the purses we've all admired.

My daughter said she considered putting them under the Christmas tree to surprise me, but knew I'd want them right away. Such a thoughtful girl.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :cloud9:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:08 pm

Congratulations and you are most welcome fansmom! Glad you liked your prize! :-) Thanks to JDOCD for her help! :cool:

Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Re: Thank you, ONBC!

Unread postby Liz » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:18 pm

fansmom wrote:Thank you so much, ONBC! :bounce: My trivia contest prizes arrived today: I got two bookplates, with photos of Oprah Johnny and the Libertine, and a trinket box with my avatar on the top and Captain Jack on the inside and bottom. How wonderful! The trinket box was specially made by JDOCD, who makes the purses we've all admired.

My daughter said she considered putting them under the Christmas tree to surprise me, but knew I'd want them right away. Such a thoughtful girl.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :cloud9:

I'm glad you received your prizes, Fansmom. We still have our 2nd prize winner (Luvdepp) to receive her prize, but it's on it's way. I thought I would post a pic of Fansmom's prize. JDOCD does such nice work, and she was so nice to donate the box to ONBC for the contest. What an :angel:. :omg: I love that pic!

You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:15 pm

In the photo, the purple tag that says "My Favorite Purse" and the shiny things next to it are on a little charm/keychain with little laminated pictures of you-know-who. Yes, it's on my keychain right now. :cloud9:

JDOCD

Unread postby JDOCD » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:48 am

fansmom wrote:In the photo, the purple tag that says "My Favorite Purse" and the shiny things next to it are on a little charm/keychain with little laminated pictures of you-know-who. Yes, it's on my keychain right now. :cloud9:

I am so glad you liked it! The little charm/keychain thingy is actually designed to go on a purse handle so it may not take the beating a regular keychain would but I am glad you are enjoying it! I made a Brad, the Rock and a Jude purse last week and they were fun to make but NONE of them can hold a candle to our guy. He is the most gorgeous man on the planet! I love the ONBC and I was glad to participate in such a wonderful book club.
Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live.

luvdepp

Unread postby luvdepp » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:50 pm

Just wanted to let you know that I got back from vacation today to a pile of bills and junk mail, but hidden amongst all that was my 2nd Place prize from ONBC! A mousepad with my all-time favorite Johnny picture on it! I love it so much! Thanks DITHOT and Liz! You both do such wonderful work on ONBC ~ thanks so much!
:cool:
"So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself, who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on the shore and merely existed." ~HST~

Return to “Birthdays and Celebrations”